LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hardly.

His action is RAPE.
The one being raped is not the rapist.
YOU are.

NO!

And if you just stand there and watch another man rape a woman that is at a Frat party passed out on the floor and scantily dressed, because you "feel" like she was asking for it; then you are just as much a pervert as the rapist is.

^ Exactly. This is the obvious and only response needed to such a ridiculous and deliberately baiting question.

/Thread.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Think about what? That sometimes people make unwise decisions? So they do. Now what?

Now what ... it's simple. In any other situation, there would be no reflection OFF of the rapist and onto the victim.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
In any other situation, there would be no reflection OFF of the rapist and onto the victim.

then feel free to answer this one:

if a woman went down to the Ferguson riots dressed in klan robes carrying a sign that said "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot" would she bear any responsibility for the beating she would get?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
then feel free to answer this one:

if a woman went down to the Ferguson riots dressed in klan robes carrying a sign that said "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot" would she bear any responsibility for the beating she would get?

Can't stick to your original statement, can you?

Now you're fixated on klan robes... :chuckle:

ok doser

Its not the first time I've thought about it. So....if that's the start, what's next?

should a woman who makes poor choices that put her in a position to come to harm bear any responsibility for the harm that ensues?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there must a link between rape and rampant promiscuity
so
who do you think is really responsible for rampant promiscuity?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
so

If you don't answer my question, don't ever bother again to tell me I don't answer questions, because I'll just link back to this thread where you decided that not wanting to give personal information equaled (in your mind) "putting limits" on the thread and then didn't answer my question to you as to why you'd want more information.

ok doser

You didn't defend it. Not one time.

sure i have, multiple times

but i'll do it again for you, just 'cause i like you so much:

rape is a choice woman make when they choose to act in ways that put them in a position where they are likely to be raped

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so

In the same way that there "must be a link between domestic violence and men".

Who do you think is responsible for their rampant violence?

How about child abuse? What's next? Naughty children get beaten. Good children know their role.

This whole "blame the victim" mentality is sickening ... though not unexpected.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
sure i have, multiple times

but i'll do it again for you, just 'cause i like you so much:

rape is a choice woman make when they choose to act in ways that put them in a position where they are likely to be raped

No. You said "rape is a choice that women make."

I didn't ask you to repeat the assertion, I want you to defend the assertion.

As it stands.

You can't. Women don't choose to be violated against their will.

ok doser

I don't think so

why not?

would you have the same opinion for any crime other than rape?

should a battered woman (one of the other themes in my class) who chooses to stay with her abusive husband bear any responsibility for the continued abuse?

but what I'm still unclear on is What does bearing responsibility look like?

for rape? dunno

but i do know that the battered woman one has legal implications - if a woman chooses to stay in a dangerous situation after being given the opportunity to leave, the courts often are less apt to give harsh sentencing to the husband when the abuse continues

ok doser

No. You said "rape is a choice that women make."

I didn't ask you to repeat the assertion, I want you to defend the assertion.

As it stands.

You can't. Women don't choose to be violated against their will.

anna - this is getting retarded, even for you

here's my defense - take it or leave it:

ok doser

not to the feminist

they want to be able to twerk like miley cyrus wearing a thong and a haltertop, drink themselves unconscious and then be able to cry "oh poor poor me, i've been dishonored!" when they come to in the morning

and expect sympathy

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
anna - this is getting retarded, even for you

here's my defense - take it or leave it:

That's not a defense, that's another assertion.

Both are repulsive.

Final result: You can't defend your assertion.

glorydaz

should a woman who makes poor choices that put her in a position to come to harm bear any responsibility for the harm that ensues?

When you frame the question like that, the answer is YES.

That's different from saying the woman's choice is to be raped, which would be claiming a person chooses to be stupid. People don't choose to be stupid any more than they choose to be raped. Being raped can SOMETIMES be a result of their stupid choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.