Muslim here. Ask me a question..

Jerome84

The teaching is dangerous. Ideas we see played out in horrific ways. The moderate Muslims don't fully buy into Quran killing teaching, that doesn't make Islam or the Quran less dangerous. Islam being accepted as a religion seems insane.

As Christians do we take seriously the radical love that the New Testament teaches? I pray we do.

Obviously those shedding blood the authorities should stop the threat immediately.

I think we have to remember who the enemy is. The Devil started this hateful heresy. And Christ is the way those deceived by it can be saved, and thwarted.

A muslim who is "moderate" is no muslim. He/she does not follow the teachings in the "Quran". Violence and war is central in Islam. Everyone who opposes Islam must be defeated. All muslim men has a duty to fight with weapons against the enemy. Hence the term "jihad" or holy war.

A moderate muslim is like a christian who proclaims that Jesus never existed. The foundation of a religion can not be overlooked and skipped.

Hardly any muslims admits that they know what Muhammed did. All the wars, killings and rapes he was responsible for with his "war of conquest".

And in this day and time I think that Islam should be banned. It is the most destructivbe force ever created by a human. It is pure and extreme fascism with violence as the political tool for control. Clearly stated in the Quran by Muhammed himself.

Islam = Satanic cult (according to todays standards)

(back in 600 AD when Muhammed and his pals murdered and raped they were like the rest of the world, but today... other world now)

I am not accusing any person who is "muslim" of anything. I am just making remarks about the religion/political system known in English as "Islam".

Jamie Gigliotti

Satan does not start or create anything. He is an instrument that is used by the Eternal Almighty to fulfill His will. It pleases the Almighty to use the wicked to destroy the wicked.

He creates lies.
"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a muderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies he speaks out of his own character, for he is liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

Jamie Gigliotti

A muslim who is "moderate" is no muslim. He/she does not follow the teachings in the "Quran". Violence and war is central in Islam. Everyone who opposes Islam must be defeated. All muslim men has a duty to fight with weapons against the enemy. Hence the term "jihad" or holy war.

A moderate muslim is like a christian who proclaims that Jesus never existed. The foundation of a religion can not be overlooked and skipped.

Hardly any muslims admits that they know what Muhammed did. All the wars, killings and rapes he was responsible for with his "war of conquest".

And in this day and time I think that Islam should be banned. It is the most destructivbe force ever created by a human. It is pure and extreme fascism with violence as the political tool for control. Clearly stated in the Quran by Muhammed himself.

(back in 600 AD when Muhammed and his pals murdered and raped they were like the rest of the world, but today... other world now)

I am not accusing any person who is "muslim" of anything. I am just making remarks about the religion/political system known in English as "Islam".

Yes the moderates try and turn it into something it is not.

Don't think banning is going to work, pretending it's not what it is won't either.

We seem to be at the height of the Spiritual war. We defeat evil with good. Satan's lies with Christ's truth, with His love, His power.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Westernized Muslims are pacifists, autonomous and live isolated, though. You know that, you're in Ontario. I've lived there (even among them for a few years) and there are plenty of Muslims and they stay to themselves, probably because they think other people don't like them and partly because they want to live by their own rules. So they will never spearhead anything..... ever.

Just leave them alone. If they go back, they'll be forced to help the jihadists and their kids will be born into that system. What needs to be done is to eliminate the jihadists, swiftly. Truly utter, humiliating destruction. Chaos has a way of leaving behind peace.

I admit that this is one of the best arguments against what I am advocating. I also admit that there are many Muslims who wouldn't hurt a fly and do keep to themselves. But most of them are Muslims in name only and the way you describe them is precisely what I want to shake out of them.

From these ones I want to see a groundswell of internal opposition to that which is clearly wrong. Is it too much to ask of those who benefit so greatly from the protection of western democracy to uphold the freedom they enjoy? Is it too much to ask them to "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? If so, of what country are they citizens?

What is wrong with wanting them to make a phone call like; "Excuse me Mr. policeman, this may be nothing and probably is, but my friend Mohammed next door is bragging that he knows where he can buy an AK-47 if he should ever want one. Do you think this is a bad thing?"

Those who will not get involved are making a decision just like those who make a decision to blow themselves up.

CherubRam

Peaceful Muslims are thought of as apostates by other Muslims and are often killed for being such. When push comes to shove the peaceful Muslims join hands with the violent Muslims. That is the bottom line. And so you see, there is not really any peaceful Muslims, because they will flip flop.

Jerome84

Peaceful Muslims are thought of as apostates by other Muslims and are often killed for being such. When push comes to shove the peaceful Muslims join hands with the violent Muslims. That is the bottom line. And so you see, there is not really any peaceful Muslims, because they will flip flop.

True. The muslims who wants peace really has to stand up for themselves and change religion. There are religions that were founded by men of peace. Christianity is one. Jesus never killed or ordered his 12 apostles to go out in war with weapons and kill. Jesus tried to teach about love and peace.

Muhammed and his armies in Arabia attacked cities and villages, killing, murdering and raping. There really are no peace in such actions. Muhammed was a warlord. A successful warlord due to his ruthlessness and brutality.

Jerome84

Yes the moderates try and turn it into something it is not.

Don't think banning is going to work, pretending it's not what it is won't either.

We seem to be at the height of the Spiritual war. We defeat evil with good. Satan's lies with Christ's truth, with His love, His power.

"Islamists" are Satanists. Hate and violence is their tool, not love.

"The Satanic Verses is Salman Rushdie's fourth novel, first published in 1988 and inspired in part by the life of Muhammad."

Salman Rushdie has insight in what Islam really is. And of course most muslims wants him dead because he knows the truth... the horrible satanic truth about Islam.

brewmama

"Islamists" are Satanists. Hate and violence is their tool, not love.

"The Satanic Verses is Salman Rushdie's fourth novel, first published in 1988 and inspired in part by the life of Muhammad."

Salman Rushdie has insight in what Islam really is. And of course most muslims wants him dead because he knows the truth... the horrible satanic truth about Islam.

I'm not denying that Islam is satanic, but the book was written about some verses that Mohammed put into the quran that so many people found offensive that it was decided that satan had made Mohammed put them in, and they were discarded. How convenient!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
WEDNESDAY ADDAMS...

Have you heard of, or read anything by, Tawfik Hamid?

He is one of the few intelligent scholars who has studied Islam and believes that the “peaceful Muslim” is a myth. Hamid reads the Quran like a Christian who is focused on modern interpretations of the Bible’s Revelation.

There seems plenty of blood and gore to go around. But my question is a serious one.

There are lots of Muslims and Christians who see their faith as an expression of peace and love. But to do this it would seem both have to ignore the violent strains in their own texts.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is the purpose of Radical Islam? What is the difference from plain Islam if there is one.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
WEDNESDAY ADDAMS...

He is one of the few intelligent scholars who has studied Islam and believes that the “peaceful Muslim” is a myth. Hamid reads the Quran like a Christian who is focused on modern interpretations of the Bible’s Revelation.

There seems plenty of blood and gore to go around. But my question is a serious one.

There are lots of Muslims and Christians who see their faith as an expression of peace and love. But to do this it would seem both have to ignore the violent strains in their own texts.

2 Timothy 2:1-2 KJV - 2 Timothy 2:3-4 KJV -

Wick Stick

WEDNESDAY ADDAMS...

Wednesday was banned somewhere around page 5.

The rest of this hullabaloo is just a bunch of people piling on, apropos of current events.

Jarrod

Apple7

Also the Qur'an denies that God was Jesus' father.

Actually, it does not...

يأهل الكتب لا تغلوا في دينكم ولا تقولوا على الله
إلا الحق إنما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله
وكلمته ألقيها إلى مريم وروح منه فءامنوا بالله
ورسله ولا تقولوا ثلثة انتهوا خيرا لكم إنما الله
إله وحد سبحنه أن يكون له ولد له ما في
السموت وما في الأرض وكفى بالله وكيلا

Ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum wala taqooloo AAala Allahi illa alhaqqa innama almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama rasoolu Allahi wakalimatuhu alqaha ila maryama waroohun minhu faaminoo biAllahi warusulihi wala taqooloo thalathatun intahoo khayran lakum innama Allahu ilahun wahidun subhanahu an yakoona lahu waladun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and they do not say on 'allah' except The Truth (is) only The Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, 'allah’s' messenger, and his Word, cast forth to her, Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe by 'allah', and his messengers, and they do not say "Three." Refrain (it is) certainly agreeable to you, only 'allah' one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his Son, truly His what is in the heavens and in the earth and He sufficed by 'allah', a witness.

Apple7

It's just the amalgamation of these facts working together, I am literally putting my eternal life on the line but 100% confidently in believing God is a Unitarian God.

Observe that this Koranic ayah (which, ironically Muslims are trained to use all the time for their position) actually plainly states that the Trinity is not “three”, but instead, it is “one”, and then proceeds to list out Father, Son, and Spirit…

يأهل الكتب لا تغلوا في دينكم ولا تقولوا على الله
إلا الحق إنما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله
وكلمته ألقيها إلى مريم وروح منه فءامنوا بالله
ورسله ولا تقولوا ثلثة انتهوا خيرا لكم إنما الله
إله وحد سبحنه أن يكون له ولد له ما في
السموت وما في الأرض وكفى بالله وكيلا

Ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum wala taqooloo AAala Allahi illa alhaqqa innama almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama rasoolu Allahi wakalimatuhu alqaha ila maryama waroohun minhu faaminoo biAllahi warusulihi wala taqooloo thalathatun intahoo khayran lakum innama Allahu ilahun wahidun subhanahu an yakoona lahu waladun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, certainly do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and they do not say on “allah” except The Truth (is) only the Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, “allah’s” messenger, and his Word, cast forth to her, Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe on account of “allah”, and His messengers, and they do not say: "Three." Refrain (it is) agreeable certainly your only “allah” one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his Son, truly His what is in the heavens and what is in the earth and He sufficed on account of “allah”, a witness.

Observe that this ayah is directed at ‘The Book’s family’ (ahla alkitabi) – which refers to the followers of the Holy Bible; i.e. Christians.

For the Muslim, it then gives instruction as to what the correct interpretation of the Holy Bible needs to be regarding (among numerous things), the concept of the Trinity.

In this classic Islamic one-hit-wonder we are told not to refer to the one “allah” as “Three”, as even his messengers do not say “Three” - because he is not the result of counted things (thalathatun)….and yet, in the very ayah itself it lists-out directly, Father, Son, & Spirit.

This is a classic Koranic example in which the authors display their understanding of the Biblical concept of the Holy Trinity, and give the example of what it is not by the usage of the word “Three”…and what it is, by the example of “one”.

Apple7

1d. All we have now are very strenuous interpretations of the gospels, in a way in which are written by authors whom we don't really know. We don't know who the oral transmitters are either nor their competence at transmission, we see massive evolutions of the Christology of Jesus from low to high as we go from Mark to John, whereby people increasingly believed Jesus was a divine being of some sort.

And he says to me, Write: Blessed are the ones having been called to the supper of the marriage of the Lamb. And he says to me, These Words of God are true. (Rev 19.9)

And I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, having been prepared as a bride, having been adorned for her Husband. And I heard a great voice out of Heaven, saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God with men! And He will tabernacle with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. And death shall be no longer, nor mourning, nor outcry, nor will there be pain any more; for the first things passed away. And the One sitting on the throne said, Behold! I make all things new. And He says to me, Write, because these Words are faithful and true. (Rev 21.2 – 5)

And I, John, was the one seeing and hearing these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel showing me these things. (Rev 22.8)

The bulk of the Koranic material is taken directly from the Book of Revelation – of which, this Biblical material is clearly signed by John, as both seeing and hearing Jesus’ divine Revelation and writing it down.

John was directly inspired to write down the Words of God.

Now…

According to the followers of Islam, their “prophet Muhammad” was responsible for the written text which comprises their Koran.

If this is the case, then where in all of the Koran is anything like the following written…

“I, Muhammad, wrote this here Koran”

Or…

“I, Muhammad, dictated this here Koran”

Or…

I, Muhammad, was inspired by an angel”

Or…

“I, Muhammad, was divinely inspired”

Fact is, the Koran never once mentions who wrote the text, nor that there were any eyewitnesses, nor that it was divinely inspired.

Not once.

In fact, it is written almost entirely in the third-person.

What it does claim, however, is that it merely copied and translated the previous inspired Jewish and Christian scriptures into Arabic.

Professor Bart Ehrman is a very good figure to look into for more on this.

If you were at all familiar with Ehrman's material, then you already know that he does NOT deny that the Holy Bible refers to Jesus as God!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three". Cease! (it is) better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that he should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender. (Surah 4. An-Nisaa, Ayah 171)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Wednesday was banned somewhere around page 5.

The rest of this hullabaloo is just a bunch of people piling on, apropos of current events.

Jarrod
Oh. Thanks for the information. I am frustrated that his ban happened at all. I could have learned some things that could have overturned my prejudices and feelings on the topic.