Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

I'm not sure what you're asking. I do not believe believers are responsible for society's ills, because we are not citizens of this world. We are in the world but not of the world. That's why I think we need to be careful not to be naïve....thinking we have some right to go through life as if we were unfortunate victims when evil people do the very things evil people do. When we join them in their bad behavior (by stripping, etc), we should and very often do suffer for that bad behavior.

Okay, now I understand your point.

Do you think believers are being the light of the world?
Or are most believers hiding their light under a bushel?

glorydaz

Okay, now I understand your point.

Do you think believers are being the light of the world?
Or are most believers hiding their light under a bushel?

I think there are too many who claim to be Christians who confuse a coat of whitewash with the Light that shines from within. Therefore the world sees them as hypocrites because that whitewash is nothing more than paint.

It's only when true believers hold forth the word of LIFE, that His LIGHT can shine forth. It's not our light, and no amount of claiming it is will make it so. It's why we should never boast or pretend that we have any good in ourselves. Lest we open ourselves up for rebuke as hypocrites.

Phil. 2:15-16
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

bybee

I am seeing that same thing. For victims of rape to read such types of judgment in regards to their rape is like pouring salt on an open wound.

To presume to pass judgment on how another person should or should not react to a traumatic experience is the very definition of gall.
To continually belabor the possible involvement a victim has in the perpetration of a crime against her is sickening to me.
Rational humans understand that we all do not always use the best judgment 24/7 and that a mistake in judgment may lead us into danger.
But as you stated "Our obligation in community is to do the right thing"!
To thump one's chest and declare as a thesis statement "Victim's contribute to their own misfortune's therefore rape, for instance, may not be rape?"
Am I expected to take pity on the poor rapist who was lured and tempted beyond his capabilities to keep his pants zipped by an old woman in her nursing home bed or the infant in a crib or a cold dead body on a slab in the morgue?
I apologize for the starkness of my comments but they reflect the reality of what women are up against every day of their lives.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Here is one example of how the police are always blaming the victims for rape:
Personal Safety Tips
Spoiler
Rape is a violent crime and a frightening experience. Rape affects all women, no matter what their age, race or economic status. It must also be remembered that men are not immune and can also be victims of sexual violence. Rape can occur anywhere and at anytime, in public or in your own home. Rapists are not necessarily strangers. In fact, in many reported cases, the rapist is an acquaintance, neighbor, friend, or relative.

The Fort Worth Police Department S.C.R.A.M. (Sex Crimes, Registration, Apprehension, and Monitoring) Unit personnel are available to talk to groups on "Personal Situational Awareness Training." The training lasts about 2 hours; however, the program can be adjusted to meet the needs of your organization. Topics include: recognizing and acting upon your intuition to reduce the risk of being a victim of a violent assault, who is a predator or attacker--myth vs reality, signals to watch for when encountering a stranger or meeting a new acquaintance, dating relationships--warning signals and potential dangers, risk factors that may increase the chances of a violent personal assault, and drug/alcohol facilitated sexual assaults. For more information, visit their website at www.psafw.com.

General Tips

• Trust your instincts. If a situation makes you uncomfortable or uneasy, leave.
  • Be alert to your surroundings and the people around you.
  • Walk confidently and with a steady pace. A rapist often looks for someone who appears vulnerable.
  • Always let someone know where you are and where you may be going.
If you are attacked:

• The best prevention and resistance you can use against a rapist is your common sense.
  • Think, don’t panic. There is no single action to take if you are attacked. Your best defense is to be prepared and know your options and capabilities.
  • Do whatever it takes to survive. Remember, you are the victim. You have nothing to feel guilty or ashamed about. Rapists commit the crime, not the victim.
Safety at home

• Install effective locks on all doors and windows and be sure to use them. Never leave your door unlocked, even for a moment.
  • Install a peephole viewer in your door and never open your door without knowing who is on the other side.
  • When moving into a new home or apartment, make sure the locks are replaced or rekeyed.
  • If you live in an apartment, avoid being in the laundry room or garage by yourself, especially at night.
  • If you live alone, use only your last name and first initial on your mail box and in telephone directories.
  • Don’t let strangers into your home-no matter what the reason or emergency. Offer to make an emergency phone call while they wait outside.
  • If you come home and find a door or window open or signs of forced entry, DON’T GO IN!
  • Never mention that you, a friend, or a neighbor lives alone or is at home alone. In public or on a cell phone, don’t broadcast your plans so strangers can overhear.
  • Keep entrances well lit. It is not uncommon for a criminal to remove, unscrew, or break bulbs in entryways.
  • Always have your door key ready so you can enter your home without delay.
  • When friends or family drop you off at home or work, have them wait until you are safely inside before leaving and do the same for your friends and family.
Safety in your vehicle

• Keep your car in good working order and the gas tank at least half full.
  • Park in well-lighted areas.
  • Have your car keys in your hand and check the back seat area before entering your car. Notice under the car as you walk up to it.
  • If you think you are being followed, drive to a public place or to a open police or fire station.
  • Lock your car door immediately after entering the car.
  • If your car is being repaired, leave only your car keys with the repair shop.
  • When approaching your car look all around the area. If you see anything suspicious, keep going and call the police.
  • If your car breaks down, turn on your flashers, open the hood, and wait inside the car with your doors locked. If someone stops, stay in your car , roll down your window slightly and ask them to call the police, a garage, or a tow service for you.
  • Safety While Walking
  • Don’t hitchhike or accept rides from strangers
  • If a driver stops to ask directions, avoid getting near the car. Never let someone get you in their car—run, yell, attract attention.
  • If you are harassed by the occupants of a car, turn and walk the other way direction.
  • Avoid walking alone at night and avoid doorways, bushes, and alleys.
  • Dating and Date Rape Drugs
  • Date Rape is forced or coerced sex. Tactics used can either be physical or emotional. Drugs may be used to render the victim unconscious and limit memory. The most common drug is Alcohol, with others being Rohypnol, GHB, and Ketamine which are odorless and tasteless. The use of any drug makes it harder to resist sexual assault or to think clearly in a potentially dangerous situation.

Safety on a Date

Date Rape is forced or coerced sex. Tactics used can either be physical or emotional. Drugs may be used to render the victim unconscious and limit memory. The most common drug is Alcohol, with others being Rohypnol, GHB, and Ketamine which are odorless and tasteless. The use of any drug makes it harder to resist sexual assault or to think clearly in a potentially dangerous situation.

• Have an idea of where you are going and be suspicious of sudden changes to the plan. Let someone know where you are going.
  • Do suggest going on a group date if you feel uncomfortable about going alone or drive your own car and ask to meet your date in a public place.
  • Keep spare money, calling cards, or a cell phone handy for immediate access if you decide to cut the date short and need transportation.
  • Stay sober while on a date. Remember, alcohol impairs judgment and memory.
  • Don’t accept drinks from other people, except someone you trust.
  • Open containers yourself.
  • Never leave your drink unattended. Take it with you, even to the bathroom.
  • Don’t share drinks.
  • If you feel sick or dizzy while out socially, go to someone you trust or call someone to come pick you up. Never leave alone or with someone you do not trust with your life.

Spoiler
If you still think that is blaming the victim, you are a moron.

this is the whole point of my comment earlier

it's very simple

if a woman is aware of those warnings and chooses to ignore them then she bears some responsibility for her negligence if she comes to harm

for the tards out there, this is what the above is not saying:

1. She deserved to be raped
2. The rapist was justified in raping her
3. the rapist should get off scot-free
4. just about anything that rusha's posted in the past couple days

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
genuineoriginal said that to Tambora.

It figures.

As I stated previously, getting women to testify against their rapist is not an easy task. These threads demonstrate why.

What that means is that rapists are allowed to stay free and rape again. It's rather apparent as illustrated in these threads that bashing victims takes priority over prosecuting rapists.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It figures.

As I stated previously, getting women to testify against their rapist is not an easy task. These threads demonstrate why.

What that means is that rapists are allowed to stay free and rape again. It's rather apparent as illustrated in these threads that bashing victims takes priority over prosecuting rapists.

The assumption that the woman must bear guilt whether she realizes it or not is as old as the garden: "The woman you gave me partook, and gave to me, and I ate."

"She was here, so it ain't my fault" is the go-to excuse for pigs.

bybee

BINGO!!! :first:

Therefore society is to blame for rapists.
If society is to blame for rapists then rapists are not to blame for being rapists.
I see how that works!
Does it follow that society is to blame for victims of rape?
If so then victims of rape are not to blame for being victims?
Do YOU see how that works? You Hell-bound pervert!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Therefore society is to blame for rapists.

of course it is

now stop right there before you say something retarded

If society is to blame for rapists then rapists are not to blame for being rapists.
I see how that works!

:doh:

too late!

Does it follow that society is to blame for victims of rape?

:doh::doh:

she's on a roll!

If so then victims of rape are not to blame for being victims?

:doh::doh::doh:

and gathering speed!

Do YOU see how that works?

i see how it works if one is retarded, yes

You Hell-bound pervert!

and again, i urge everybody following along to join me in praying that God release bybee form the grip her demons have on her tortured soul
:think:
and her retarded mind

Status
Not open for further replies.