Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Pastor Clark Tells Bob To Overlook Exceptions

This is the show from Wednesday May 7th, 2014

Summary:

One wonders if Pastor Clark's principles apply only to those who kill children, or if he would also be okay with a church hiring a minister who says he's usually faithful but cheats on his wife only once or twice a year. The pastor is upset with Bob Enyart because James Dobson broke his pledge to God and also because American Right To Life refuses to overlook Dr. James Dobson's support for those who kill children. And regarding exceptions, God didn't care about all the fruit Eve did not eat; nor did He mention all the women David did not violate; nor list the children whom Herod did not kill. God looks at the exceptions.

AveryE

I haven't been following dr Dobsons work or talk for some time now. when did start supporting abortionist? or how exactly is he now supporting some abortionist?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dobson doesn't, he's simply not a zealot like Enyart. Infighting like this costs lives.

AveryE

ooohhh.
yeah, That.
You mean Dobson supports "conservative" republicans... no matter what they DO.

frankly i've grown weary of debating with Christians and other 'go along to get along' Republicans over their blind support of so called "conservatives". "but but but whats the alternative".... "the only reeeeal choice is an R or a D, everything else is just wastin' your vote." -sigh-

sheesh, seems to me, 15 million serious Christians baling on the R party and voting for anything other than an R or a D will make both parties take notice.

But, yeah sadly Dobson has compromised, apparently in the hope of some righteousness crumbs falling from the republican table.

AveryE

I should listen to the show, but in general the question of how much compromise Christians should have with the gov'ts we live in can be a tricky one.

some seem to have a false idea of "Christian love" that allows them to comprise on nearly all of God's laws, moral, social and legal to accommodate others and move with the majority crowd.

Others tend to have a very harsh and completely uncompromising position proclaiming righteousness in every area they understand from Gods law. That being the standard for saints and sinners alike on all occasions.

John the Baptist didn't compromise. But he had great influence with the people and he rebuked the king without favor of party or position.

Daniel lived under a pagan wicked king but only seemed careful to maintain his own righteousness. And gave the king respect and council as Gods Chosen ruler of the day.

Jesus of course never compromised but walked a fine line, with the Jewish leaders and the Romans.

How should we approach gov't As Christians in the U.S. It's a question i've rarely heard seriously reflected on outside of some general historical rhetoric that "we are founded as a christian nation". "A constitutional republic"
But honestly thinking through what that really should mean in practice today with a the mix of christian and non christian people living under that crumbling governmental construct would be helpful.

but i may be preachin' to the choir here ...sorta

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
some seem to have a false idea of "Christian love" that allows them to comprise on nearly all of God's laws, moral, social and legal to accommodate others and move with the majority crowd.
Exactly. As my slogan/motto says, "Most Christians worship the false god of Public Acceptance."

AveryE

I consider "Human Decency" to outrank "Public Acceptance", but I see many so-called "Christians" have fabricated a god exactly like them to excuse themselves from the former.

OK so who defines human decency?
seems to me not killing people is the decent thing to do, don't you think?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Dobson doesn't, he's simply not a zealot like Enyart. Infighting like this costs lives.

Listen to the show for the guys first name. It is said a multitude of times. And Dobson does indeed support those who support abortion.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Listen to the show for the guys first name. It is said a multitude of times. And Dobson does indeed support those who support abortion.

Lon already tipped me off, thanks, and the kind of unbending zealotry represented here--at odds with pragmatism--has cost millions of lives.

Hope you guys are happy.