Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

It is almost tragic how harsh she is. Most women have some little tenderness in their hearts for the suffering of others. She has none.

And you're showing your spite by saying something about me that you have no way of knowing. I won't even dignify your foolishness with a denial.

genuineoriginal

I am not thinking he means it the way you take it. I understand his overall point. Some people wrongly use words like 'punishment' or 'deserve' wrongly when there is some irresponsibly on a persons part that deliberately put them in harms way.

Like saying "what an idiot to leave their car running with the keys in the ignition, unlocked, they deserve to have their car stolen because of their own stupidity"

Or like saying "well what did he think would happen after he called joe blows wife a hog, he should take his 'punishment' like a man (after being beaten half to death for insulting another mans wife).

I think we've all been guilty of using those terms flippantly and improperly.

The overall sentiment is not that they caused the crime, or that the one who acted in crime is any less guilty for what they chose to do, but that the victim has suffered as a result of their own foolish behavior. (which still doesnt lessen the guilt/responsibility on the part of the one who committed the crime in any way)

Hes even said as such outright, which is ignored.

He is also using specific examples for the context of what he is saying.

I agree its a bad choice of words though, because those words imply that the victim earned or wanted something to happen or is being given something they caused, when thats not the case.
Many people believe in the concepts of "instant karma", "divine retribution", "you reap what you sow", and even "failing the Darwin test".

Because of those beliefs, it is common to say a person deserved what they got when something evil happens to them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ive already said i dont agree with his choice of words, what else would you like me to do?
Just making sure you see what he is saying, and has been saying since the beginning of this.

He has even gone as far to say all women that are raped made a choice to be raped.

glorydaz

That is exactly why they didn't get raped. You have slime buckets in this bar looking for whores to take to bed. Any modern up to date woman would recognize these guys for what they were. Jodie fosters character decided that playing the whore was worth the risk around these scumbags. She figured saying no would stop any man from going beyond their bounds. The other two women had more respect for themselves and knew not to play with fire. Only a deliberately blind person would be unable to see why only the foster character was raped.

Yep. And playing a blind fool has never helped the cause of women. In fact, it makes them look like emotional basket cases devoid of all common sense.

genuineoriginal

A woman has the right to party and dress how she wants
Yes, I suppose a woman has the right to get drunk and dress up in Lady Gaga's meat dress and walk into a tiger habitat at the zoo.

It surely could never be her fault that the tiger couldn't control itself and mistook her for food.

We will put the tiger to death for being a maneater, add the woman's name to the list of saints, and call it good.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Many people believe in the concepts of "instant karma", "divine retribution", "you reap what you sow", and even "failing the Darwin test".

Because of those beliefs, it is common to say a person deserved what they got when something evil happens to them.

yes its common for people to use those words that way, but its not accurate.

Its the same type of use that excuses for example a black person for attacking a white person, because of what a totally different white person did (or ancestors did)

Surely that person doesn't 'deserve' to be 'punished' for something they didnt do, didnt cause and didnt ask for.

But then its excused as reaping and sowing on behalf of group think.

A rapist (actual rapist, some of the scenerios given here is not rape at all imo) is not ever less guilty of committing a crime, no matter how foolish and irresponsible the person behaved.

They didnt "cause" or "incite" another person to break the law.

glorydaz

Then explain the following, the bolded part especially, all written and conceived off the back of a turnip truck by the "maestro" himself:

"Josephine is planning to go down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shout racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine tells her plans to her friend Francine.

Francine says "Don't do it - they'll beat you up and rape you."

Josephine says "You're not the boss of me - I'll do what I want!"

Josephine goes down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shouts racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine gets beaten and raped

Those who beat and rape Josephine are arrested and charged.

Francine comes to visit Josephine in the hospital.

Josephine whines about how unfair it was that she got beaten and raped.

Francine says "What are you talking about? You deserved to get beaten and raped. I told you not to go down there. You chose to get beaten and raped. Next time don't be such a moron"

What? The truth hurts. Should her friend have lied and said she had done nothing wrong? :shocked:

genuineoriginal

yes its common for people to use those words that way, but its not accurate.

Its the same type of use that excuses for example a black person for attacking a white person, because of what a totally different white person did (or ancestors did)

Surely that person doesn't 'deserve' to be 'punished' for something they didnt do, didnt cause and didnt ask for.

But then its excused as reaping and sowing on behalf of group think.

A rapist (actual rapist, some of the scenerios given here is not rape at all imo) is not ever less guilty of committing a crime, no matter how foolish and irresponsible the person behaved.

They didnt "cause" or "incite" another person to break the law.
I agree with you.
I was just pointing out why people use words like "deserve", "asked for it", and the rest.

In most cases, the people that are said to have deserved it have been acting in a reckless foolish manner and are being used as a moral lesson for others.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Just making sure you see what he is saying, and has been saying since the beginning of this.

He has even gone as far to say all women that are raped made a choice to be raped.

I know what he said, and i know what he means in his point.

Would you like me to be like some nutty extremist who hangs on a word, when hes said directly otherwise that he doesn't believe a rapist is less guilty no matter what she did?

Should i ignore that and just demonize him because he used a couple words improperly when his overall point is apparent? I mean i could do that and be cheap as hell and intellectually dishonest to keep on and on and on even when hes clarified his point, but it would be cheap and dishonest.

Ive been demonized here too lately because i agree that sometimes peoples poor decisions make them a target and they suffer because of their bad choices, and ive been clear that not ever is a victim the CAUSE of a crime against them.

Ive even been called a misogynist and that i have a mind like a rapist and a thief and that i care nothing for rape victims.

How do you or anyone else know whether ive been one my myself?

I don't share a lot of personal information here precisely because of how my deepest pain since ive been here was used and mocked and even accused of lying about by a few very wicked people, you saw it happening yourself.

Fact, we can suffer all kind of things when we are reckless and irresponsible. Suffering those things doesn't mean we CAUSED another person to commit a crime, it just means we created an easy opportunity sometimes, for THEM to take advantage of.

Now again, i agreed he used a poor choice of words, so what else would you like from me about it? Be specific, because if you want me to say his overall point is wrong, youll be waiting a long time, i get his POINT and i agree with THAT.

ClimateSanity

Except that doser actually thinks that some women deserve to be raped.

Actually, the fictional character Josephine claimed her fictional friend deserved to be raped. Try to find doser actually making the claim he believes some women deserve to be raped. You want be able to i think. I never ran across it.

glorydaz

Oh I think you may pin many labels on me, as you have, but, really, hypocrite? I don't think so.
What I am responding to is not your heart, it doesn't seem very evident. I am responding to the things you say.

Well, a hypocrite is someone who pretends to be what he/she is not. You pretend you're soft hearted when you're actually being a bleeding heart. When one's heart starts bleeding, the head stops working.

You pretend you haven't said the same thing I have said (that everyone is responsible for their own bad behavior), then turn around and accuse me of saying what I have not said. Yes, you're a hypocrite.

ClimateSanity

Except that doser actually thinks that some women deserve to be raped.

Actually, the fictional character Josephine claimed her fictional friend deserved to be raped. Try to find doser actually making the claim he believes some women deserve to be raped. You want be able to i think. I never ran across it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, I suppose a woman has the right to get drunk and dress up in Lady Gaga's meat dress and walk into a tiger habitat at the zoo.

It surely could never be her fault that the tiger couldn't control itself and mistook her for food.

We will put the tiger to death for being a maneater, add the woman's name to the list of saints, and call it good.

i disagree with this, because that statement compares a man to nothing but a mere animal without the ability to control himself.

That statement takes ALL responsibility from the man for his own actions.

glorydaz

I disagree with the wording using "deserved"
should be suffered a consequence of her poor and reckless behavior

I disagree with the wording of chose "to be beaten and raped"
Should be chose to willfully act carelessly and increase her liklihood of something bad happening to her, through her own irresponsibility.

I would have said im sorry that you are suffering the consequences of being the victim of those crimes because of your willful actions of putting yourself knowingly in harms way.

The one who assaulted and raped is NOT LESS GUILTY of their crime, because the woman in question is guilty of irresponsible behavior.

Each are bearing consequences (one jail, the other suffering) and each are responsible for their own actions.

One doesnt cancel or remove the other.

Oh, you hard-hearted wench you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.