On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

and the responsibility for the behavior and the consequences that ensue from that behavior

go back and look again
You are trying to broaden the topic to include evidence to make your original, specific example look more appealing. Another fallacy, in fact.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh, for you it is. I left this on TH's profile page earlier:

I should start a thread that tracks all the times you and chrys mention TH. :think:

right - to show how obsessive we are, you're gonna indulge your own obsession with us :kookoo:

good one! :thumb:

he'll be back anna - he always comes back after he's slunk off and sulked for a month

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that's an emotional response
Hardly.

not sure why you think i would argue against that :idunno:

yes, the rapist is responsible for his actions
His action is RAPE.
The one being raped is not the rapist.
YOU are.

but answer this: should a woman bear any responsibility for the choices she makes that put her in a position where rape is likely?
NO!

And if you just stand there and watch another man rape a woman that is at a Frat party passed out on the floor and scantily dressed, because you "feel" like she was asking for it; then you are just as much a pervert as the rapist is.

ok doser

I think this is a case by case topic, I do not think it is fair to try to take broad strokes with something like this. What things is she ignoring? Who else is involved? What other facts are relevant to the case study, etc.

this is a little more open than i'm finding on campus - they are reluctant to even consider that a woman should bear some of the blame for putting herself in a risky position

ok doser

You are trying to broaden the topic to include evidence to make your original, specific example look more appealing. Another fallacy, in fact.

again, the topic is whether woman should bear any responsibility for the consequences that ensue from acting irresponsibly

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
this is a little more open than i'm finding on campus - they are reluctant to even consider that a woman should bear some of the blame for putting herself in a risky position
Good for them!

They realize that rape is wrong no matter what the situation is.
There is NEVER a time when raping someone is not wrong.

ok doser

His action is RAPE.

exactly! :thumb:

The one being raped is not the rapist.

exactly! :thumb:

I am what?

i disagree

And if you just stand there and watch another man rape a woman that is at a Frat party passed out on the floor and scantily dressed,

nobody has proposed this :idunno:

because you "feel" like she was asking for it;

nobody has proposed that she was "asking for it"

then you are just as much a pervert as the rapist is.

in your bizarre scenario that nobody other than you has proposed, yes

ok doser

They realize that rape is wrong no matter what the situation is.

There is NEVER a time when raping someone is not wrong.

tam - maybe you don't understand what's being discussed here

nobody is arguing that rape isn't wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.