Homeschoolers

Elaine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
You first. I have to think.:shut:
Well, I'm fourteen years old and was saved when I was about five. Our family is of non-denominational Christians. Christine is my only sibling, and I have been homeschooled and have lived in Ohio all of my life. :D Your turn, Sis! ;)

Christine

I, like Elaine, was saved at a young age, and have been home-schooled all my life. We have lived on the same lot of land our whole lives. Neither Christine nor Elaine are our real names. They are our middle names. I really enjoy reading, but don't have as much time to read as I used to. We have four cats.

P.s. A few years back we took a vacation to Michigan. Saw the lake, it was lovely, and went to the Henry Ford Museum.:cool:

Elaine

I suppose I should mention some of my interests. I like reading, playing with our cats, classical music, some southern gospel music, and hymns.

ShadowMaid

My (nickname) is Liz, the things I like to do are listed under my avatar. I don't have any pets (though I'm dying to get some cats, a few dogs, couple hampsters and birds). I'm in 8th grade. And I was saved at the age of 8.:angel:

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Elaine
What sort of music do you like? You do ballet, don't you?

Classical and Hymns.

My sissy likes only classical. It drives me crazy because she won't let me listen to anything with words!:hammer:

Elaine

Sure. :thumb:
Thanks! Christine will add you as well.
Classical and Hymns.
My sissy likes only classical. It drives me crazy because she won't let me listen to anything with words!:hammer:
:doh: Sometimes Christine gets tired of my classical music, too, and then we have to listen to southern gospel for a while. One group which we each like is the Hoffman Family :guitar:. What classical composers do you like? :)

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Elaine
Thanks! Christine will add you as well.
Hoffman Family :guitar:. What classical composers do you like? :)

Cool, I'll add you two to mine.

Thanks, I'll check it out.:thumb:

Mozart, Beethovan, Bach, but I would have to say Tchaikovsky is my favorite.:first:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times do I have to see that? I use to spell "seperate" wrong many times. But then a teacher (one teacher, not many) told me (not many times, but once), "you can't spell that word because there is 'a rat' in it" And ever since then, many times spelling it later, I've spelled it right. But then again, many years ago, a teacher said, "'here' is a word when sound goes in your ears because you can see the 2 'ears' next to the 'head' that is the 'r'" (not many times, just once). But what I didn't hear, was that she also said "don't forget... it is the opposite." It took me the longest time (many weeks) to stop writing "I here with my ears." And the many times I was corrected, I would say, "CAN'T YOU SEE THE EARS?"

So what can I say? Many things, but just the right thing to say would be... How about this? "'a', as an article, means 'one of many'" Such as: There is 'the' Madonna, a single Virgin Mary, but the word madonna in olden times referred to 'a' lady (one of many ladies) as it is derived from 'ma' and 'donna' literally translated 'my lady'"

I hope these many words do not confuse the issue. Just remember:
'a' means 'one of many'

Last edited:

Elaine

Mozart, Beethovan, Bach, but I would have to say Tchaikovsky is my favorite.:first:
I really like Mozart and Beethoven, but Bach's harpsichord music grates on my nerves. I like a few of his, though, such as "Badinerie." I really like Tchaikovsky! But I also like Rossini, Handel, Bizet, Scarlatti, Dvorak, and Rimsky-Korsakov. I like lots of others, too, and I don't think I could ever choose a favorite. :think: I never liked opera, either. :)

Elaine

Originally posted by Yorzhik
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times do I have to see that? I use to spell "seperate" wrong many times. But then a teacher (one teacher, not many) told me (not many times, but once), "you can't spell that word because there is 'a rat' in it" And ever since then, many times spelling it later, I've spelled it right. But then again, many years ago, a teacher said, "'here' is a word when sound goes in your ears because you can see the 2 'ears' next to the 'head' that is the 'r'" (not many times, just once). But what I didn't hear, was that she also said "don't forget... it is the opposite." It took me the longest time (many weeks) to stop writing "I here with my ears." And the many times I was corrected, I would say, "CAN'T YOU SEE THE EARS?"

So what can I say? Many things, but just the right thing to say would be... How about this? "'a', as an article, means 'one of many'" Such as: There is 'the' Madonna, a single Virgin Mary, but the word madonna in olden times referred to 'a' lady (one of many ladies) as it is derived from 'ma' and 'donna' literally translated 'my lady'"

I hope these many words do not confuse the issue. Just remember:
'a' means 'one of many'
:doh: :chuckle: