Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder how many rapes are alleged after a social interaction involving alcohol and/or drugs ? When legally they aren't rapes but the alleged victims sobers up and decides they were raped.

I think I was taken advantage of one time by a big girl, i'd say taken advantage of but not raped. Although I did feel a bit violated after the booze wore off.

IF someone is drugged or in a condition of black out, they cannot consent. It is always rape.

IF you are unclear of what happened, you would have good reason to concern yourself over rape.

Quetzal

a topic for another thread

if women want equality, why should rape be viewed as a different kind of assault?
It has nothing to do with women because men are raped, too. I do not think I need to explain why being raped is more harmful than getting punched in the face.

glorydaz

it's part of the feminist movement of empowering women without making them as responsible for their behavior

kinda like no fault divorce

There ya go. And to think I started out a big fan of Gloria Steinem. We came a long way, baby.

Thankfully, some of us got off the pendulum swing before it went too far.

genuineoriginal

IF someone is drugged or in a condition of black out, they cannot consent. It is always rape.

IF you are unclear of what happened, you would have good reason to concern yourself over rape.

Many people believe that when a drunk man and a drunk woman have drunken consensual sex, the woman was raped and the man is a rapist.

That is clear evidence that our society has abandoned common sense.

Quetzal

....avoid using broad strokes

the broad strokes version is this:

everybody - whether criminal or victim - is responsible for their behavior
You need to take my entire statement into account. You cannot use one specific, outlier and apply that outlier to everyone. That is my point.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It has nothing to do with women because men are raped, too. I do not think I need to explain why being raped is more harmful than getting punched in the face.

no, i think you do

explain how this:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

is more harmful than this:

punched.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Yes, in my case I knew and I didn't make much of a fuss, my mind was clear enough to stop the progression, but I didn't. Only my MIND was saying no

Quetzal

no, i think you do

explain how this:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

is more harmful than this:

punched.jpg
Well, let's see. One is a sport (boxing) and the other is rape. There is no commentary needed in regards to why rape is more harmful here.

ok doser

You cannot use one specific, outlier and apply that outlier to everyone.

if your behavior wasn't contributory to the criminal actions taken against you, then you bear no responsibility

i believe this point has been made before

ok doser

Well, let's see. One is a sport (boxing) and the other is rape. There is no commentary needed in regards to why rape is more harmful here.

well, i'm not seeing it

if it's so obvious, you'll have no trouble explaining it

Status
Not open for further replies.