New moon = new month. Definition??

iouae

You can count days of the month from the head of the month, which in Biblical times was by observation only is how I understand it.

There are three feasts and seven holy days of Torah.

I believe 2000 years ago the Pharisees and Sadducees were arguing over the calendar. IMO it is because all one needs to calculate a calendar does not seem to be clearly defined such as crescent or no crescent.

iouae

If one is trying to set a new lunar month using astronomical new moon times, one looks up the time of the astronomical new moon and adds 9 hours to that. If that is before sunset then one could possibly see the crescent and that is a crescent new moon.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe 2000 years ago the Pharisees and Sadducees were arguing over the calendar. IMO it is because all one needs to calculate a calendar does not seem to be clearly defined such as crescent or no crescent.

The new moon is not determined by cresent. Neither is the astronomical new moon the head of the month (rosh chodesh).

iouae

The new moon is not determined by cresent. Neither is the astronomical new moon the head of the month (rosh chodesh).

Neither is Rosh Hoshanna the head of the year. Nowhere in the Bible is the 7th month the 1st month. Its Yom Teruwah.

iouae

With all due respect calling anything Rosh... does not make it so, and the Bible does not say that it is Rosh... either. That's the problem. On such a big issue, the Bible is very vague.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
With all due respect calling anything Rosh... does not make it so, and the Bible does not say that it is Rosh... either. That's the problem. On such a big issue, the Bible is very vague.

Have you a definition for the word rosh?

iouae

Yom Teruah is one of the seven holy days of Torah.

Yes, and it is mistakenly called Rosh Hashanah. The year does not start then but Abib/Nisan.

Likewise folks could be getting the start of the month wrong.

I am more interested in getting the times of Peshach settled whether it always is on the full moon or not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Head" start of...

What I am wanting is where God defines "start of..."

The words start and beginning are not a part of the definition for rosh. I understand the word to mean head. Did you have an objection to that part of what I said?

Is the first day of the month the head of the month?

iouae

Have you any theory why Jesus kept Passover one day, and the mainstream Jews kept it the next?

iouae

Please explain to me what rosh chodesh means. No I don't know what head of the month means. I assume it meant start.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you any theory why Jesus kept Passover one day, and the mainstream Jews kept it the next?

No.

The Passover lambs were slain or slaughtered on the 14th of the month, but eaten in the evening which would be the 15th.

That is how I understand it.

iouae

No.

The Passover lambs were slain or slaughtered on the 14th of the month, but eaten in the evening which would be the 15th.

That is how I understand it.

That is exactly correct. There must have been some calendar controversy.

achduke

Why do you think that Jesus kept the Passover at the time he was killed? Are you absolutely certain the Last Supper was a Passover dinner?

iouae

Matthew 26:17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

Mark 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

Mark 14:14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Luke 22:8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

Luke 22:11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is exactly correct. There must have been some calendar controversy.

I have not concluded this.

Any controversy about the holy days and when they are observed can be cleared up with a correct understanding of Torah.

The length of a month in terms of the number of days is not always the same. This is why Rosh Chodesh corresponds to the observation based on sighting and witness testimony.

As for calculations or a calendar based on calculations, this is not the same.

achduke

Matthew 26:17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

Mark 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

Mark 14:14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Mark 14:12 Contradicts that they were eating the Passover. If it was still the same day they kill the Passover then they were not eating the Passover meal since that starts at the twilight on the 14/15th. This would have been the preparation day which is document elsewhere.

Luke 22:8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

Luke 22:11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

Was Luke 22:15 really the passover meal or just a last supper during the preparation day? It is entirely possible the Jews at this was a passover meal. The Jewish leaders were quite wrong at this time as Jesus points out but it seems like the apostles who had the Holy Spirit would correct this and point this out. Also it is my belief God does everything to his time table and does not stray. If Jesus is the Passover lamb then he would have been killed at the same time the other lambs were sent to slaughter.

iouae

Mark 14:12 Contradicts that they were eating the Passover. If it was still the same day they kill the Passover then they were not eating the Passover meal since that starts at the twilight on the 14/15th. This would have been the preparation day which is document elsewhere.

Was Luke 22:15 really the passover meal or just a last supper during the preparation day? It is entirely possible the Jews at this was a passover meal. The Jewish leaders were quite wrong at this time as Jesus points out but it seems like the apostles who had the Holy Spirit would correct this and point this out. Also it is my belief God does everything to his time table and does not stray. If Jesus is the Passover lamb then he would have been killed at the same time the other lambs were sent to slaughter.

Passover lambs were prepared and killed on the evening of 14th at 3pm. So technically that is the same "day" as the first day of the Passover. All the work was done before the annual Sabbath of the 15th.

Thus I have no problem with Mark 14:12. 6 scriptures say it WAS the passover