Spiritual responsibility

Jamie Gigliotti

Some say we have no spiritual responsibility.
In effect God does everything in our Spiritual life, making Him out to be a puppeteer. This can cause irresponsibility and lack of zeal for God and ultimately people missing out on Him. We have will.

No one deserves God's amazing offer of grace: The cross, our forgiveness, reconciliation with Him, His love, His presence/His Holy Spirit. God does put responsibility on us to embrace Him, to reflect Him, His light, His love; for His great love and for His glory.

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh Will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

Last edited:

beloved57

Grace Given not Offered !

Grace Given not Offered !

In effect God does everything in our Spiritual life, making Him out to be a puppeteer. This can cause irresponsibility and lack of zeal for God and ultimately people missing out on Him. We have will.

No one deserves God's amazing offer of grace. The cross, our forgiveness, reconciliation with Him, His love, His presence/His Holy Spirit. God does put responsibility on us to embrace Him, to reflect Him, His light, His love; for His great love and for His glory.

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh Will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

No such thing as Gods offer of grace in scripture ! God gave some Grace and Purpose in Christ before the world began ! 2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Jamie Gigliotti

No such thing as Gods offer of grace in scripture ! God gave some Grace and Purpose in Christ before the world began ! 2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
I know you are an admitted Calvanist. I'm not buying it.
"God our savior, who desires all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth." 1Timothy 2:3-4

His purpose is to save the lost, which is all of us without Him.

Last edited:

glorydaz

No one deserves God's amazing offer of grace. The cross, our forgiveness, reconciliation with Him, His love, His presence/His Holy Spirit. God does put responsibility on us to embrace Him, to reflect Him, His light, His love; for His great love and for His glory.

I realize you are talking about what I posted, but you don't even have a clue what I was talking about or you wouldn't have said what you have here. It's a matter of who gets ALL THE GLORY, and who is actually PERFORMING the work in us. When once you can actually "embrace" this verse, you might have a glimmer of what it means to have been created IN HIM when we are begotten by the Gospel.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

"Making Him out to be a puppeteer"..... No, making Him out to be the Creator HE is of "new creatures"....create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me. You just don't believe that God is able to perform what He has promised. I do.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I know what you mean, good post.

Jamie Gigliotti

I realize you are talking about what I posted, but you don't even have a clue what I was talking about or you wouldn't have said what you have here. It's a matter of who gets ALL THE GLORY, and who is actually PERFORMING the work in us. When once you can actually "embrace" this verse, you might have a glimmer of what it means to have been created IN HIM when we are begotten by the Gospel.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

"Making Him out to be a puppeteer"..... No, making Him out to be the Creator HE is of "new creatures"....create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me. You just don't believe that God is able to perform what He has promised. I do.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.​

He does the work, we allow Him. God gave us will, His permisive will. He gets the glory we get underserved unimaginable blessing now and and later if we do.

I don't know you, but I know there are many who are deceived into thinking His grace is a license to sin.

It takes effort to follow Jesus, but with Christ we can do all things He wills because HE gives us strength.

I'm not looking for glory, the only thing glorious about me is what Christ proclaimed at the cross.

Yes in our conversation He moved me to this thread.

Blessings to you.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Grace is not grace if there are conditions attached.

glorydaz

He does the work, we allow Him. God gave us will, His permisive will. He gets the glory we get underserved unimaginable blessing now and and later if we do.

I don't know you, but I know there are many who are deceived into thinking His grace is a license to sin.

It takes effort to follow Jesus, but with Christ we can do all things He wills because HE gives us strength.

I'm not looking for glory, the only thing glorious about me is what Christ proclaimed at the cross.

Yes in our conversation He moved me to this thread.

Blessings to you.

I don't know you, either, but if it doesn't come naturally for you to "follow Jesus" then I would have to question whether you have yet been crucified with Christ and raised into newness of life.

It appears to me you contradict yourself. "It takes effort....He gives us strength". If He gives us strength, why does it take effort? Isn't His yoke easy and His burden light?

When He gives me strength, it's the strength to rest in HIM, so that the Holy Spirit can perform and complete His good work in me. I rest because it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. I trust He will do those things I can never do on my own. Now, why don't you try addressing some of the verses I've given you instead of dismissing them and going on with your lecture. Just try it for once.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Heb. 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb. 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.​

glorydaz

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial for when he has stood the test He will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

I see you're confusing rewards with the GIFT of salvation. Please address the following verse and see how you can explain it.

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

Jamie Gigliotti

I see you're confusing rewards with the GIFT of salvation. Please address the following verse and see how you can explain it.

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

He is not of ourselves. We can not boast that we allowed Him to shine through us. His reconciling work on the cross and His love and light in us right here right now saves us. We say yes LORD have your way with me or we don't. If we do it's to His glory, if we don't it's to our demise.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

you are missing the test part

that word may not be in your bible