Battle Royale XIV discussion thread

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
תּוֹר is a bird

All I can say is that every time I hear the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" this year (which will be soon), I'm not going to be able to not think about this thread when the following lyrics are sung:

"On the second day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree"

SaulToPaul 2

Hi tetelestai. Are you ready to admit the fact that you do not believe that any Bible in any language (including "the" Greek and Hebrew) is now or ever was the complete and inerrant words of God? Yes or No?

He has said in the past that it is "without error" but yet takes every opportunity to cast doubt and poke holes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet: "The KJV is without error."

Please list all other versions that are without error.

How many times do I have to ask you to define what an error is?

Is spelling considered an error?

Grammar?

Until you tell us what qualifies as an error, you don't have a leg to stand on.

KJVO does cause confusion, and you are Exhibit A.

For example, you think every time the word "world" is used in the KJV it literally means planet earth, and all of planet earth. Yet, when Luke 2:1 KJV tells us that Caesar Augustus said "all the world should be taxed", you know the Mayans in Central America, at the time, didn't pay taxes to Caesar Augustus in Rome. So, it's not literally "all the world".

This is why you are so confused with "end of the age" and "end of the world".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi tetelestai. Are you ready to admit the fact that you do not believe that any Bible in any language (including "the" Greek and Hebrew) is now or ever was the complete and inerrant words of God? Yes or No?

I already answered you.

Until you, or STP, or any other KJVO can define what an error is, my answer is yes to just about every translation.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I personally thank Will Kinney for the incredible wealth of information he has brought to the table in a respectful and organized manner.

Something that sticks in my mind is that God's written Word exists on earth because it is forever settled in heaven.

One thing is for sure. If we were to take the KJV out of the picture, there would still be controversy and the Bible would still be judged by men's standards.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the Bible would still be judged by men's standards.

I don't think that by saying a verse should say "turtle dove" instead of "turtle", or "the entire Roman world" instead of "all the world" is judging by men's standards, I think it's common sense.

brandplucked

Learn your own language

Learn your own language

The world - tetelestai should learn his own English language and stop being a Bible critic

Merriam-Webster Dicionary

the world
: the earth and all the people and things on it
: A PART OF THE WORLD AND THE PEOPLE AND THINGS THAT EXIST THERE
: human society

Webster’s Dicionary 1828

15. The principal nations or countries of the earth. Alexander conquered the world.

16. The Roman empire.

17. A large tract of country; a wide compass of things.

Oxford English Dictionary - the world

A region or group of countries:
the English-speaking world

American Heritage Dictionary

3. often World A specified part of the earth: the Western World.
4. A part of the earth and its inhabitants as known at a given period in history: the ancient world.

Collins English Dictionary

a division or section of the earth, its history, or its inhabitants“ * ⇒* ■*the Western World”, “ * ⇒* ■*the Ancient World”, “ * ⇒* ■*the Third World”

Macmillian Dictionary - the world - a particular group of countries

Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary

A group of things such as countries, or animals, or an area of human activity or understanding

The Muslim world
the modern industrialized world
the animal world
stars from the rock music world

heir

TOL Subscriber
Good question. While I'm thinking about how to answer, why do you assume that the KJB is correct and the rest are wrong?

It exalts, upholds and glorifies:
the word
the Word
the trinity
the blood
the faith of Jesus Christ
our gospel
our pattern
sound doctrine

whereas the (per)versions undermine by changing, omitting and/or hiding many if not all of those things.
What do you put the KJB up against to determine with absolute certainty that it is correct?
Itself (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV) . If we can't take God at His word believing every word whether or not we understand the words at that very moment, we have no reason to have faith in any of it, let alone the whole armour of God! It's the only offensive weapon in the spiritual battle that is raging (2 Corinthians 10:4 KJV, Ephesians 6:10-20 KJV).

Now, how about that answer?