What would make you Catholic?

brewmama

What kind of response was that?... I was showing that my beliefs are heavily rooted in the protestant reformation when you claimed they weren't..
And you respond with something totally irrelevant.

I responded quite logically to this quote of yours:

"Anyhow, what Jesus and the Apostles taught trumps anything the RCC or Calvin has to say.... and they sure didn't teach any of your church's Marian doctrines... not even a little bit."

And yes, I have read extensively about your Marian doctrines and how and why they developed. Its a pagan myth integrated into Roman Catholicism to appease certain ethnicities.

What have you read? A bunch of anti-Catholic spewing? Do you even know what my church is?

HisServant

I responded quite logically to this quote of yours:

"Anyhow, what Jesus and the Apostles taught trumps anything the RCC or Calvin has to say.... and they sure didn't teach any of your church's Marian doctrines... not even a little bit."

What have you read? A bunch of anti-Catholic spewing? Do you even know what my church is?

Unlike you, who seem to rush ignorantly into judgement, I have had extensive talks with a couple of priests from the local parish.. and actually have breakfast with them a couple times a month.. I have also read pretty much everything on Catholic.com and Catholic.org about it.

It's a bunch of superstitions based on myth and ancient pagan beliefs... nothing more and nothing less.

everready

Hardly "uncorroborated," since the testimony of both Divine Revelation and Christian history consistently and fully demonstrate that the Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself.

The Divine Revelation of Jesus Christ told us about your church

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

everready

Cruciform

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Nope. Try again.

brewmama

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
everready

:doh: And you just KNOW that that verse is referring to the Catholic Church, and not the Roman Empire killing the Apostles and Christians?
:darwinsm:

Cruciform

:doh: And you just KNOW that that verse is referring to the Catholic Church, and not the Roman Empire killing the Apostles and Christians?
:darwinsm:
He "knows" it because his favored recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has fed it to him as a supposedly self-evident tradition of men.

Cruciform

John Salza has spoken! Who could possibly refute that?
Salza has outlined the authoritative teaching of Christ's one historic Church---who could possibly refute that? Certainly not the entirely non-authoritative opinions of RD's preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

That page is filled with illogical propaganda. Get over it!
...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of RD's preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. Don't worry, I'm definitely over it. :yawn:

The ROCK is Christ and not Peter.
Categorically refuted here and here.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Right Divider

Body part
Salza has outlined the authoritative teaching of Christ's one historic Church---who could possibly refute that? Certainly not the entirely non-authoritative opinions of RD's preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of RD's preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. Don't worry, I'm definitely over it. :yawn:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Your refutations are full of the same hot air that your "church" has been expelling since its evil foundation as it attempted to steal Jesus Christ for itself.

Peter NEVER claimed the sort of authority that your sect of Satan wants.

Peter will, one day, sit with ALL twelve of the representatives of the TWELVE tribes of Israel. Whereas, your synagogue of Satan will all be cast into the lake of fire along with your boss.

Cruciform

Your refutations are full of the same hot air that your "church" has been expelling since its evil foundation as it attempted to steal Jesus Christ for itself.
Once again: ...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of RD's preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway.

Peter NEVER claimed the sort of authority that your sect of Satan wants.
Already answered (Post #175).

JonahofAkron

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You're just like a good lawyer: you bury your opposition in information that holds little bearing on your point.

If it's important to your point, I want to read what you wrote-not what someone else wrote. Unless that's the new style: refute someone's point by posting a website. I'm down to do that if that's how we play this game now....I just don't like it.

musterion

My parents made be a Catholic as a child. I was until my 2nd child was born and the church refused to baptize him because I didn't give enough money. A few words where exchanged, needless to say I was excommunicated. Best thing that ever happened to me.

So where you at now? (re: 'other')