College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's up with Mizzou?

They suck this year.

I hear all the black players are threatening to not play and/or quit unless the President of Missouri resigns.

I would dismiss them from the school, not just the team. Nothing like racist black people getting a pass to play the race card.

I agree, Michigan State still has an outside chance with a win over Ohio State and Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game. LSU is where I thought, nowhere. Sure, Fournette is a beast. But they are one dimensional and Harris can not get it done when they need him.

I think Jimbo Fisher might not get the credit he deserves for all the winning FSU has done since Bowden hung it up. Remember the last time FSU lost besides the debacle against Oregon? Sometime when EJ Manuel was under center. I will have to look. Nov 2012 in the rivalry game with Florida. 2012, 2013, and 2014 saw FSU go 39-3. With this year that is 46-5. That is....outstanding.

I am not seeing how Michigan State loses to Nebraska.

So much for that. Sure, drbrumley predicted Nebraska to have all those last second emotional losses and rise up inspired. Ok. :plain:

Perhaps FSU ruins Florida's season. Giving them 2 losses before they lost to Alabama will ruin their season. Because right now they still have hope.

I guess we have to wait on the Big 12. No real surprise yesterday. The surprise could be how good Oklahoma State looks. But I figured OU to beat both Baylor and TCU anyway.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Iowa could easily finish 12-0, and will face either Ohio St. or Michigan St. in the Big 10 Championship.

The Big Ten Network stated the scenario for a 3 way tie as the team rated highest in the college football playoff poll as the winner. With MSU going down, that is unlikely now. It could have been with OSU losing to Michigan on the last day of the year after OSU beat MSU. But now, if OSU beats MSU, that is 2 conference losses. Michigan is now back in the picture for the Big Ten Championship game in Indy.

And a Michigan-Iowa Big Ten Championship game is not what I predicted.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Former Michigan State Spartan Plaxico Buress is not taking the blown call against Nebraska lightly. See his twitter feed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dream on what? I'm just sick of Alabama.

I guess Florida certainly has a chance, just a very low one. McElwain has a lot of work to do. In Florida's favor, I think he can get it done in a short amount of time. He already showed he knows significantly more about football than Will Muschamp.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have to root for Florida in the SEC champ game. Yuck.

You can always root for nobody and just watch what unfolds. As a side note, I don't root against Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, or USC. Or the New York Yankees or Dallas Cowboys. Although some of the fans of said sports teams have made me want to root against that team.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:CRASH: alabama

Alabama fans displayed this banner before the LSU game:

CTKEYdsUEAEEssV.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I guess Florida certainly has a chance, just a very low one. McElwain has a lot of work to do. In Florida's favor, I think he can get it done in a short amount of time. He already showed he knows significantly more about football than Will Muschamp.
They have a puncher's chance. That's about it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They have a puncher's chance. That's about it.

Ohio State and Michigan State come here to Saint Louis and pluck players. So does Nick Saban from Alabama. Illinois and Missouri both don't win because they are not dedicated. And they don't have to be dedicated to football. Although the last 15 years for Missouri have been much better than the last 15 for Illinois.

As a side note, I didn't hate Christian Laetner either. But did :mock: Duke on the night UNLV kicked them to the curb by 30 in the championship game.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ohio State and Michigan State come here to Saint Louis and pluck players. So does Nick Saban from Alabama. Illinois and Missouri both don't win because they are not dedicated. And they don't have to be dedicated to football. Although the last 15 years for Missouri have been much better than the last 15 for Illinois.

As a side note, I didn't hate Christian Laetner either. But did :mock: Duke on the night UNLV kicked them to the curb by 30 in the championship game.

I got sidetracked with my Illinois take. They are a giant bucket of suck, and they shouldn't be.

Florida does have a chance. And Lane Kiffin is a buffoon compared to McElwain. They don't have the athletes, but neither did Oklahoma a couple of years ago.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Iowa being called the 5th best team in the country just confirms that the selection committee doesn't actually watch college football

How many of Iowa's games have you seen? Their "resume" is as good as the teams above them. Although I agree they cannot beat the 4 teams above them, I think they can beat a bunch of teams below them.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Do you have a top 10? I think I can come up with one. I don't often do top 25, because they aren't worth ranking and many I haven't seen.

I'd have to think about a top 10. My main problem with the top 4 is ND being at #4. They shouldn't be there. It seems like this committee just has no respect for the Big 12. I understand weak schedules, but do they really think ND would beat OK ST or TCU or Baylor? I'd choose any of those 3 teams over ND. Maybe I'm just falling for exciting offense. Let's say OK ST and Notre Dame both win out, will they jump OKST over ND? I doubt it and then the Big 12 would get left out again.

It's terrible that in a playoff that already leaves one of the main conferences out the committee has to take ND into account who has no conference. If ND makes it then that means 2 power conferences get left out. Stupid Irish.