Pennsylvania Man Seeks to ‘Marry’ His Adopted Son

PureX

I feel the need to remind everyone (again) that the group has a very, very small membership and is all but disbanded.
Save your words. In the alternate reality that these folks live in there is a gay pedophile hiding behind every tree and bush.

musterion

Nah, but we sure don't pretend like they don't exist.

There was a poll some years ago where a majority of homosexuals admitted that if they had the opportunity and knew they would get away with it, they certainly would attempt to seduce [convert] a child. That makes me think for many of them, trying to seduce children is really both the way to justify embracing the perversion that was inflicted upon them as children, and a form of revenge for it being done.

bybee

There was a poll some years ago where a majority of homosexuals admitted that if they had the opportunity and knew they would get away with it, they certainly would attempt to seduce [convert] a child. That makes me think for many of them, trying to seduce children is really both the way to justify embracing the perversion that was inflicted upon them as children, and a form of revenge for it being done.

So you do feel that the behavior of others can influence one to fall away from good behavior?
Are we witnesses for the good?
If we are, then, does it follow that we also may be witnesses for the bad?
And then, of course, there is a thing called "indifference".
The stories of The Good Samaritan and St Martin are surely examples of our calling to minister to one another?

musterion

So you do feel that the behavior of others can influence one to fall away from good behavior?

Prov 22:25 and 1 Cor 15:33 say yes.

Are we witnesses for the good?
If we are, then, does it follow that we also may be witnesses for the bad?
You mean people serving as bad examples? Sure. If we're honest, we'll all admit that at one time or another, we all do.

And then, of course, there is a thing called "indifference".
The stories of The Good Samaritan and St Martin are surely examples of our calling to minister to one another?
I'm honestly not sure what you're asking? :confused:

bybee

Prov 22:25 and 1 Cor 15:33 say yes.

You mean people serving as bad examples? Sure. If we're honest, we'll all admit that at one time or another, we all do.

I'm honestly not sure what you're asking? :confused:

I'm hoping to qualify the standards for Christian behavior? Of course each of us bring our own personalities and talents to our witnesses.
I have subscribed to the idea that, as a Christian woman, I must needs be careful where I put myself. And I have struggled with the line between avoiding people and seeking to help people?
I have found that some of the most obnoxious people are actually crying out for help and I do not want to turn away if there is something I can do. And there are the Slick Willies who appear to be acting in good Christian faith who turn out to be awful people.
I ask you, how much judgment, bottom line, is a Christian supposed to exercise? Sometimes I feel that I am too harsh and other times I feel like a patsy!
Maybe this would be a good thread topic?

musterion

I ask you, how much judgment, bottom line, is a Christian supposed to exercise? Sometimes I feel that I am too harsh and other times I feel like a patsy!
Maybe this would be a good thread topic?

That would be an excellent thread topic, but you know it'd be sure to draw all kinds of disruptive flies (Granite, Artie, TB, etc) who can't wait to point out what hypocrites we are for even having the discussion.

For me, I keep reminding myself - and failing to follow through - not to let myself get entangled in worldly affairs. Of course, we'll all differ on what comprises "worldly affairs." Good thread idea, though.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And by playing with the law, all manner of perversions become legal.

it's been argued that if we don't allow these perversions of the law, we risk another Thirty Years War, or Aztecs sacrificing our neighbors in suburban backyards, or a return to the Sharia Law that existed in the 50's in America :dizzy:

glorydaz

Sadly, many do go after "children", but often refuse to define children as those in their early teens or even the early stages of puberty so they can tell themselves and others they aren't attracted to "children". I've talked to a lot of guys who were "gotten to" when they were around the age of 13. It's when all children are most "vulnerable" to sexual advances.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
These people are 68 and 78. It's ridiculous for one to be considered the father of the other. Clearly, they did that as a work-around for the lack of legal recognition of their marriage, which is no longer an issue. This is the problem with the government discriminating against LGBT couples.

Or rather the problem with the men, and the government for allowing this farce of an adoption to happen to begin with to get around the law.

You have trouble placing blame where it belongs dont you?

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Don't Christians believe God is love, therefore forbidden forms of marriage are made permissible through the one force that conquers all, love?

Dialogos

Heteros have been doing that since the dawn of time. Especially, marrying to get at their spouse's children.
I fail to see what this is an argument for?

Hetero perverts have done so therefore we should legalize it for homosexuals?

:idunno:

Or is this just a "yah, well at least my dad isn't...." kind of argument?

PureX said:
There is nothing particularly gay about pedophilia. In fact, the vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual.
Lets assume this is true, so what? The fact that there may be more heterosexual pedophiles justifies homosexual pedophilia how again?

PureX said:
And hetero marriage does not stop them. In fact, it often enables them, because people think hetero marriage somehow wards off pedophiles, when it doesn't.

Did you read the article that Angel posted?

The ACLU is taking up the case in order to advocate for this man and his adopted son to marry.

Last time I checked there wasn't a movement to modify current marriage legislation to allow pedophilia.

So instead of just mud-slinging at heterosexuals, as if pointing out that there are heterosexual perverts somehow makes homosexual perversion more acceptable, why don't you actually address the bigger question and tell us whether you think it is right for this man to marry his son?

Do you think it is right for this man to marry his son, PureX?

PureX

I fail to see what this is an argument for?

Hetero perverts have done so therefore we should legalize it for homosexuals?
The point is that marriage does not encourage nor discourage pedophiles. Not heterosexual marriage, nor homosexual marriage. Pedophiles are pedophiles, hetero or homo, and they will use marriage and adoption to get at children either way. Just as they will use the priesthood, or any other position that gives them access and power over children.

The fact that you're trying to use pedophilia to slander gay marriage and adoption is pretty cheap, and dishonest, too. But hey, if that's how you "Christians" roll ...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The point is that marriage does not encourage nor discourage pedophiles. Not heterosexual marriage, nor homosexual marriage. Pedophiles are pedophiles, hetero or homo, and they will use marriage to get at children either way. Just as they will use the priesthood, or any other position that gives them access and power over children.

The fact that you're trying to use pedophilia to slander gay marriage is pretty cheap, and dishonest, too. But hey, if that's how you "Christians" roll ...

No, thats not the point, see the op.