Trump Hosts SNL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What a country. if somebody told me 20 years ago that Donald Trump would seem to be in contention for a party nomination in 2016, I would have laughed. Only in America !! I will watch SNL despite all the protests from Latinos, just to see Trump do some skits. Unbelievable:

Protesters gathered outside of NBC's famed headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Center in New York City on Wednesday for a "Dump Trump" rally ahead of Donald Trump's appearance as the host of "Saturday Night Live" this weekend.

Image:
Protesters opposed to the appearance of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's appearance as a guest host on this weekend's "Saturday Night Live" demonstrate outside 30 Rockefeller Center on Wednesday. Kathy Willens / AP
A petition decrying the Republican presidential candidate's upcoming appearance on the comedy show was delivered by the protesters — who gathered outside the building that houses "SNL" studios — to the executives at NBC.

The box containing the signatures read, "522,080 petition signatures demanding that NBC revoke Donald Trump's invitation to host 'Saturday Night Live' on Saturday, November 7th, 2015."

Juan Escalante, a staffer with America's Voice, an immigration reform group, delivered the petition.

Several of the organizations participating in the rally said that NBC's invitation to Trump legitimizes his comments about racism and immigration reform.

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Embed
Group Wants Trump Dumped from 'SNL' Host Appearance 1:48
"We believe this individual has been very divisive toward the Latino community," said Brent Wilkes, the national executive director for the League of United Latin American Citizens. "He's called us rapists, murderers. He's called us criminals. He's called us drug dealers. And that's extremely offensive to us. And there's no space for someone like that on a comedy show like 'Saturday Night Live'."

"It hurts us," said Alex Nogales, one of the main organizers for the rally and the president and CEO of the National Hispanic Media Coalition. "[SNL] is a cultural program — this is not a news program."

Several protesters waved printed signs that read, "#RacismIsntFunny."

Karina Garcia, 30, whose family is from Mexico, said that Trump's comments earlier this summer about immigrants made his candidacy a "personal" issue.

"This level of racism ... it's like a tumor that if you ignore it, it actually spreads," she said. "It's unconscionable that they would do this — that they would give him this stage."

When asked about the Latino protest and petition, calling on NBC and "SNL" to rescind its invitation to Donald Trump, representatives for NBC and "SNL" declined to comment.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The box containing the signatures read, "522,080 petition signatures demanding that NBC revoke Donald Trump's invitation to host 'Saturday Night Live' on Saturday, November 7th, 2015."

they should hand it over to the INS to check out how many illegals are in there :banana:

Mocking You

Trump's appearance on SNL might cause other Republican candidates to demand equal time under FCC law.

If any licensee shall permit any person who is a legally qualified candidate for any public office to use a broadcasting station, he shall afford equal opportunities to all other such candidates for that office in the use of such broadcasting station

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/315

So, if Trump is on SNL for 6 minutes, then Carson, Christie, Cruz, etc. could all demand equal time, UNLESS Saturday Night Live is considered be a bona fide news station.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There is a possibility that Trump's appearance on SNL could be used by other Republican candidates to demand equal time under the equal opportunity clause of FCC law.

If any licensee shall permit any person who is a legally qualified candidate for any public office to use a broadcasting station, he shall afford equal opportunities to all other such candidates for that office in the use of such broadcasting station

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/315

So, if Trump is on SNL for 4 minutes, then Carson, Bush, Kasich, Cruz, etc. could all demand equal time, UNLESS Saturday Night Live is deemed to be a bona fide news station. (I'd say it isn't)

That's a good and valid point, it's a rule. Since Trump is the host it should be at least 4 minutes, unless he gets in some skits, then maybe more.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Times have changed. I grew up with SNL and remember the first episodes LIVE as a child. Chevy, Dan, Steve Martin etc. etc. They always ONLY imitated politicians but never had them on the show. Today politicians are on SNL and other late night shows, talk shows and such.

It's a natural progression I suppose, but a little corny. No serious issues get discussed and no substantial information is communicated. All for our entertainment. I wonder what kind of leash the Trump campaign or SNL will keep Trump on.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Times have changed. I grew up with SNL and remember the first episodes LIVE as a child. Chevy, Dan, Steve Martin etc. etc. They always ONLY imitated politicians but never had them on the show.

ron nessen guest hosted

and gerald ford appeared (kinda)

Breathe

I remember Richard Nixon saying, "Sock it to me" on Laugh In.

There have also been plenty of candidates appearing on late night talk shows through the years, without any ruckus being raised about "equal time". I doubt this will be an issue on SNL. Trump has hosted before, and I will be watching it again this time, too. It should be highly amusing.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
trump is a jerk
his supporters are idiots
and
thanks to trump
hillary will be the next president

Only if she can manage to take the oath from jail...:chuckle: If your not up to speed Chrys, Trump is not responsible for the establishment imploding, that honor belongs to Priebus and the rest of the Progressive RINO clowns running the party, they stunk it up long before Trump even entered the radar screen. How is your anointed RINO Jeb doing these days? last I checked his campaign is still swirling the bowl.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Is Hillary going to jail ? For emails ?

Not just any emails but the felonious act of gross negligence storing classified data outside of approved procedures, obstruction of justice, and the felonious act of attempting to destroy said classified data, a big no no. Though she is playing the spin game well with the aid of the complicit media, the FBI has the goods on her and will complete their investigation soon, I would expect an indictment or a leak of the story which will sink her campaign at a very inopportune time next year. There are some major things going on behind the scenes with this saga and none of them have a happy ending...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...the-clinton-scheme-to-counterattack/?page=all

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Not just any emails but the felonious act of gross negligence storing classified data outside of approved procedures, obstruction of justice, and the felonious act of attempting to destroy said classified data, a big no no. Though she is playing the spin game well with the aid of the complicit media, the FBI has the goods on her and will complete their investigation soon, I would expect an indictment or a leak of the story which will sink her campaign at a very inopportune time next year. There are some major things going on behind the scenes with this saga and none of them have a happy ending...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...the-clinton-scheme-to-counterattack/?page=all
What should the jail time be for sending 3 500 young Americans to their deaths and injuring another 33 000?

Those are the casualties from the Iraq War that was based on the existence of weapons of mass destruction and yet nobody has been held responsible, charged or served 1 minute of time behind bars for misleading the American public!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Interesting article, thanks.