consequences to women of abortion: depression, sterility.. even DEATH

republicanchick

http://familyandlife.org/resources/faq/effects-abortion

Women still die from abortion

and some of them probably find themselves wishing they had..

At this site is a list of the adverse consequences to abortion:

- Denial and repression of emotions.

- Avoidance patterns which can lead to isolation.

- Emotional numbness.

- Violence or aggression towards themselves or others.

- Psychosomatic symptoms – bodily signs of continuing stress:

1. Sleep problems – insomnia, nightmares, and “hearing” a baby crying.

2. Back pain, abdominal cramps, and skin irritations, non-hormonal PMT.

3. Sexual difficulties – cervical pain, frigidity etc.

4. Eating disorders –excessive weight gain or loss, anorexia, bulimia.

5. Trouble with relationships and intimacy in general.

6. Self-punishing and self-degrading behaviours (promiscuity, entering abusive relationships, becoming accident-prone).

7. Preoccupation with the abortion child, resulting in anniversary reactions- stress, tension, etc.

8. Many women suffer from depression, turn to drugs or alcohol, and have recurring thoughts of suicide.

9. Trauma – because an unborn baby has been destroyed.

+

republicanchick

here is a site that links breast cancer to abortion

linkhttp://www.lifenews.com/2014/09/22/twelve-out-of-twelve-recent-studies-show-abortion-linked-to-breast-cancer/

+

OCTOBER23

THE USA IS UNDER A CURSE BECAUSE THEY DESTROY THEIR BABIES
AND APPROVE GAY MARRIAGE.

This is what israel was punished for.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
If you talk to medical experts they will tell you that all of this is complete and utter nonsense. There is zero evidence that abortion causes breast cancer or any of the things listed in this post .
Abortion is certainly not a pleasant experience for women or a pleasant thing to happen , but it is a necessary evil , completely
unavoidable, unstoppable and inevitable . It has been common all over the world for thousands of years and is not going away .
The only way to prevent abortion is to prevent unwanted pregnancies , something which ALL pro-choices, including me, want
to do as much as possible.
In fact, most women feel profound RELIEF after having an abortion .
There are many emotional traumas and terribly stressful experiences which both men and women have to face in their lives , and abortion is only one of them, for women, that is .
The overwhelming majority of women DO recover soon from abortions, and many are able to have children later .
Risks of dying from a safe legal abortion are extremely slim . But the risk of women dying from illegal ones by individuals who are not even properly trained medical personnel are extremely high .
A woman actually has a greater chance of accidentally drowning while taking a bath than dying from a legal abortion .
This is why it's so important for women to have easy access to contraceptives - because they PREVENT ABORTIONS !!!

HisServant

If you talk to medical experts they will tell you that all of this is complete and utter nonsense. There is zero evidence that abortion causes breast cancer or any of the things listed in this post .
Abortion is certainly not a pleasant experience for women or a pleasant thing to happen , but it is a necessary evil , completely
unavoidable, unstoppable and inevitable . It has been common all over the world for thousands of years and is not going away .
The only way to prevent abortion is to prevent unwanted pregnancies , something which ALL pro-choices, including me, want
to do as much as possible.
In fact, most women feel profound RELIEF after having an abortion .
There are many emotional traumas and terribly stressful experiences which both men and women have to face in their lives , and abortion is only one of them, for women, that is .
The overwhelming majority of women DO recover soon from abortions, and many are able to have children later .
Risks of dying from a safe legal abortion are extremely slim . But the risk of women dying from illegal ones by individuals who are not even properly trained medical personnel are extremely high .
A woman actually has a greater chance of accidentally drowning while taking a bath than dying from a legal abortion .
This is why it's so important for women to have easy access to contraceptives - because they PREVENT ABORTIONS !!!

Some women refuse to take and use contraceptives and just have abortion after abortion because its easier for them.... sad but true.

Cedarbay

In fact, most women feel profound RELIEF after having an abortion.
So, you've not talked to many post-abortive women then, have you?

How did that conversation go, Horn?

Did you follow up six months, one year, or two years down the road?

Oh, did you follow up on your post-abortive friend who could no longer have children?

Did you help her fill out adoption papers and wait with her for years, so she could one day carry a child home who was born to a generous woman who decided to give her baby life?

Last edited:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Abortion does not cause sterility . Countless women have had children after them . ILLEGAL abortions have often caused sterility ,
and the actress Polly Bergen had an illegal one as a teenager long ago. She nearly bled to death and was never able to have children after this.
If she had had a safe LEGAL one she might have been able to have them . Science and medicine have long ago disproved the link between abortion and breast cancer , which is nothing but an urban legend .
It's extremely rare for women to die from legal abortions, but extremely common wherever abortion is illegal . And this leaves many children without mothers .
Trying to stop abortion by making it illegal is like trying to stop a forest fire by pouring gasoline on it .

Huckleberry

Abortion does not cause sterility . Countless women have had children after them . ILLEGAL abortions have often caused sterility ,
and the actress Polly Bergen had an illegal one as a teenager long ago. She nearly bled to death and was never able to have children after this.
If she had had a safe LEGAL one she might have been able to have them . Science and medicine have long ago disproved the link between abortion and breast cancer , which is nothing but an urban legend .
It's extremely rare for women to die from legal abortions, but extremely common wherever abortion is illegal . And this leaves many children without mothers .
Trying to stop abortion by making it illegal is like trying to stop a forest fire by pouring gasoline on it .
What a horrible world you live in, where women are possessed by an overwhelming compulsion to murder their children in the womb and society must therefore make it safe and streamline the process for them.

I'm so very glad I don't live in that horrible world.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Is it possible that one of the effects of abortion is a curse in the family. The first son is gay and married. The second son don't have a girlfriend probably from the efforts of the first son. The third son is a doctor and can deliver babies. The only daughter is married to a super body builder

alwight

What a horrible world you live in, where women are possessed by an overwhelming compulsion to murder their children in the womb and society must therefore make it safe and streamline the process for them.

I'm so very glad I don't live in that horrible world.
I wouldn't want to live in a society that refused a woman's choice not to be pregnant if it were unintended and unwanted.
I wouldn't like to live in a society where backstreet abortions might be going on next door.
I wouldn't want to live in a society that forced raped women to gestate a rapist's foetus.

However I equally wouldn't want to live in a society where women callously and routinely aborted healthy late term foetuses long after a more prompt choice time had passed, but then in my mind that is perhaps more a figment of pro-lifer's vivid propaganda than of actual fact? :think:

Huckleberry

I wouldn't want to live in a society that refused a woman's choice not to be pregnant if it were unintended and unwanted.
I wouldn't like to live in a society where backstreet abortions might be going on next door.
I wouldn't want to live in a society that forced raped women to gestate a rapist's foetus.

However I equally wouldn't want to live in a society where women callously and routinely aborted healthy late term foetuses long after a more prompt choice time had passed, but then in my mind that is perhaps more a figment of pro-lifer's vivid propaganda than of actual fact? :think:
And we're right back to the same old arguments that have been hashed out a thousand times already.

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have sex.
Back-alley murder is preferable to government sanctioned murder.
Your personal liberty does not trump another person's right to life.

We can beat those old dead horses for the billionth time, but my issue was with The Horn presenting women as necessarily callous as the figment you attribute to pro-lifers. You attribute this to pro-lifers, yet right there we have a poster like The Horn presenting just exactly that. I see his post as a blatantly insulting. Why don't you?

Huckleberry

I'm pretty sure rape victims don't choose to get raped. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident about that
That first point was in response to alwight's first point, which I'm pretty confident didn't involve rape, as his third point specifically addressed that. To which my response was, your personal liberty does not trump another person's right to life.

Let me ask you though, do you agree with The Horn's characterization of women when he said, "Trying to stop abortion by making it illegal is like trying to stop a forest fire by pouring gasoline on it"?

Greg Jennings

Let me ask you though, do you agree with The Horn's characterization of women when he said, "Trying to stop abortion by making it illegal is like trying to stop a forest fire by pouring gasoline on it"?

No. I don't think it would increase abortions. But they would still occur and when they did they would be so unsafe and life threatening.