Religions Subversive Use of the Bible

Robert Pate

Banned
Christians are the only ones that take the Bible seriously and believe that... "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:15, 16.

All of the other religions dabble in the Bible. Pulling out a scripture here and scripture there, to try and prove their doctrine and then to make matters worse many of these religions have writtings other than the Bible.

Catholic: The Council of Trent and the Catechism.
Mormon: The Book of Mormon.
Calvinism: The Canons of Dort.
Muslim: The Koran.
Judaism: The Torah

The reason that they have other writtings is because there is a conflict between their religion and what the Bible says, so they change it. The whole idea is to discredit the word of God and to make it of no effect. In the last 50 years there have been numerous versions of the Bible. They all do the same thing, they all make the word of God of no effect. I can remember when there was only one version of the Bible, the KJV. Now, there are dozens of versions.

The KJV is the most accurate revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. The reason that many go for these other versions of the Bible is because they claim that they are easy to understand. They may be easy to understand, but like the other writings of religion they are not accurate.

The Bible was written by Christians for Christians. It is interpreted by the Holy Spirit. If one is not a Christian and does not have the Holy Spirit the Bible will not make sense, this is why religion has other writings than the Bible. This is also why there is conflict between the unsaved religious and the saved Christian when it comes to interpreting the word of God.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
religion is a good thing
it gave us the bible
it gives us a place to gather in His name
it preserves truth that has withstood the test of time
it keeps us from being led astray by false teachers

Robert Pate

Banned
religion is a good thing
it gave us the bible
it gives us a place to gather in His name
it preserves truth that has withstood the test of time
it keeps us from being led astray by false teachers

God gave us the Bible.
The early church met in each others homes
Religion corrupts the Gospel.
Religion is basically anti-Christ.

Cruciform

All of the other religions dabble in the Bible. Pulling out a scripture here and scripture there, to try and prove their doctrine...
You can go ahead and just apply that to your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, as well as to all of the myriad man-made sects of Protestantism. Looks like Pate-ism itself is "subversive of the Bible." :think:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
You can go ahead and just apply that to your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, as well as to all of the myriad man-made sects of Protestantism. Looks like Pate-ism itself is "subversive of the Bible." :think:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

There is NOTHING in the Bible about a church in Rome.

They may not bother you, but it should.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about Peter going to Rome to establish a church there.

The Catholic church came out of pagan Rome. Many of the practices and beliefs of the Catholic church are still pagan.

beloved57

Christians are the only ones that take the Bible seriously and believe that... "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:15, 16.

All of the other religions dabble in the Bible. Pulling out a scripture here and scripture there, to try and prove their doctrine and then to make matters worse many of these religions have writtings other than the Bible.

The reason that they have other writtings is because there is a conflict between their religion and what the Bible says, so they change it. The whole idea is to discredit the word of God and to make it of no effect. In the last 50 years there have been numerous versions of the Bible. They all do the same thing, they all make the word of God of no effect. I can remember when there was only one version of the Bible, the KJV. Now, there are dozens of versions.

The KJV is the most accurate revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. The reason that many go for these other versions of the Bible is because they claim that they are easy to understand. They may be easy to understand, but like the other writings of religion they are not accurate.

The Bible was written by Christians for Christians. It is interpreted by the Holy Spirit. If one is not a Christian and does not have the Holy Spirit the Bible will not make sense, this is why religion has other writings than the Bible. This is also why there is conflict between the unsaved religious and the saved Christian when it comes to interpreting the word of God.

Its a shame you dont believe the Bible ! However its Gods Will for you !

daqq

:rotfl:

Are you sure you do not mean Talmud?
It is already clear that you never open up the Torah! :crackup:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Jesus’s parabolic teaching was (and is!) subversive.

The conventional wisdom of the Proverbs (sayings that all religions have in one form or another) was totally dislocated and overturned by Jesus.

The very phrase “Kingdom of God” was used because the divine came from God himself, not from Caesar on the throne.

God is King and Caesar AIN’T!

That is part of what got Jesus killed.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There is NOTHING in the Bible about a church in Rome.

They may not bother you, but it should.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about Peter going to Rome to establish a church there.

The Catholic church came out of pagan Rome. Many of the practices and beliefs of the Catholic church are still pagan.
Nothing about Internet access, either.

CherubRam

Quote: Judaism: The Torah
Quote: The Bible was written by Christians for Christians.
Ding Dong, Ding Dong. What is wrong with this picture?

Cruciform

There is NOTHING in the Bible about a church in Rome.They may not bother you, but it should.There is NOTHING in the Bible about Peter going to Rome to establish a church there.The Catholic church came out of pagan Rome. Many of the practices and beliefs of the Catholic church are still pagan.
Every single one of your hackneyed anti-Catholic claims here has long-since been straightforwardly refuted on this forum. Your continuing willful ignorance, however, is noted.

Back to Post #5 above, which stands exactly as given.

Bradley D

True Religion is this.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27).

The main definition of religion in Greek is worship. It is not the Church worship services that determines a Christian's belief, but his actions. It is a Christian's life that determines his true religion.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:26).

I have found that in my word studies that the KJV is quite accurate. I am now reading "The Nelson Study Bible" (NKJV). I use my old KJV to look up references. I use "Vines" dictionary of Hebrew and Greek in my Strong's Concordance and the TDNT. I have found the KJV to be quite accurate in its translation.

As for other writings. Commentaries, prayer books, etc. are useful. But they are not scripture. If they contradict scripture they are wrong. That is why it is important for a Christian to know/read the Bible. So they will know if a writing or preaching is true or not.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
True Religion is this.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27).

The main definition of religion in Greek is worship. It is not the Church worship services that determines a Christian's belief, but his actions. It is a Christian's life that determines his true religion.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:26).

I have found that in my word studies that the KJV is quite accurate. I am now reading "The Nelson Study Bible" (NKJV). I use my old KJV to look up references. I use "Vines" dictionary of Hebrew and Greek in my Strong's Concordance and the TDNT. I have found the KJV to be quite accurate in its translation.

As for other writings. Commentaries, prayer books, etc. are useful. But they are not scripture. If they contradict scripture they are wrong. That is why it is important for a Christian to know/read the Bible. So they will know if a writing or preaching is true or not.

I agree, excellent post !

Robert Pate

Banned
True Religion is this.

The Christian is motivated by the Holy Spirit, not religion.

Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituallity.

Paul refered to his life as a Pharisee as religion, Acts 26:5.

beloved57

The Christian is motivated by the Holy Spirit, not religion.

Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituallity.

Paul refered to his life as a Pharisee as religion, Acts 26:5.

If you had the Holy Spirit you would believe the Gospel, but you do not believe it!