Religions Subversive Use of the Bible

Ben Masada

So-called Christians should stop worshiping Christ and need to start following Jesus.

That's interesting Aikido, I am also of the same opinion that "Christ" has more to do with Paul than with Jesus. Why? Because Paul was the one who anointed Jesus with being "Christ". BTW, he revealed that secret of his to his disciple Timothy in II Tim. 2:8 when he said that it was according to his own gospel - Paul's gospel, that is - that Jesus was from the lineage of David.

brewmama

:chuckle:

Your church and all of the protestant churches were borne out of not following Paul, but Peter.

?? In general most Orthodox churches named after those saints are called Sts. Peter AND Paul, in general since they were both martyred in Rome. You have a weird idea of splitting them up.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's interesting Aikido, I am also of the same opinion that "Christ" has more to do with Paul than with Jesus. Why? Because Paul was the one who anointed Jesus with being "Christ". BTW, he revealed that secret of his to his disciple Timothy in II Tim. 2:8 when he said that it was according to his own gospel - Paul's gospel, that is - that Jesus was from the lineage of David.

Paul received the Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, it was the same Gospel that Peter preached on the day of Pentecost, but with much more detail, Galatians 1:11, 12.

Why is it that you cannot believe your Jewish brothers?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
?? In general most Orthodox churches named after those saints are called Sts. Peter AND Paul, in general since they were both martyred in Rome. You have a weird idea of splitting them up.

paul people think peter went to babylon

Bradley D

James was a Judaizer.

a Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that one must keep the law of Moses.

Scripture, Galatians 2:12-14.

James was the head of the church in Jerusalem.

Acts 15:1-21.

Read it for yourself and make your own conclusion.

James is one of the first books of the New Testament. There were many that could not believe that they were no longer required to live according to the law of Moses. This is why Paul taught that the "JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" and not according to the law of Moses.

I believe Paul was making a point that "works" will not earn you a place in heaven. I Believe James is telling us that if we have "faith" it will show in our lives by our actions. James was included in the NT for a reason. I regard James Epistle as scripture and always will.

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe Paul was making a point that "works" will not earn you a place in heaven. I Believe James is telling us that if we have "faith" it will show in our lives by our actions. James was included in the NT for a reason. I regard James Epistle as scripture and always will.

I do too.

But it is teaching us something about James that was a problem in the early church.

James was out of order when he wanted to circumsize Gentile Christians.

He was also out of order when he sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles.

Like I said before, the Bible is an honest book it does not hide the sins and the mistakes of God's people.

JonahofAkron

James was a Judaizer.

a Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that one must keep the law of Moses.

Scripture, Galatians 2:12-14.

James was the head of the church in Jerusalem.

Acts 15:1-21.

Read it for yourself and make your own conclusion.

James is one of the first books of the New Testament. There were many that could not believe that they were no longer required to live according to the law of Moses. This is why Paul taught that the "JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" and not according to the law of Moses.

1. You didn't answer his question. Do we ignore the book of James?

2. You misunderstand what a Judaizer is.

3. Paul still claimed with his words and actions that he lived a Jewish lifestyle and never contradicted the Law.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Are you my judge?

If you are, there is something in your eye that is as big as a telephone pole.
You seem to be judging yourself. I merely asked a series of questions. You judged yourself, Robert, and then tried to project your own inner consternation onto me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

”Friend, who made ME a judge?”
--Luke 12:14

Well, Christianity did.

Bradley D

I do too.

But it is teaching us something about James that was a problem in the early church.

James was out of order when he wanted to circumsize Gentile Christians.

He was also out of order when he sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles.

Like I said before, the Bible is an honest book it does not hide the sins and the mistakes of God's people.

I was Peter and James in Acts 15 who announced that circumcision was not required of the Gentiles. James made the following restrictions for the Gentiles.

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood" (Acts 15:19-20).

Robert Pate

Banned
I was Peter and James in Acts 15 who announced that circumcision was not required of the Gentiles. James made the following restrictions for the Gentiles.

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood" (Acts 15:19-20).

James was trying to repent, Acts 15:19.

But then in Acts 15:20, 21. He lays the law on them again.

We have to keep in mind that the Jewish apostles were not exactly thrilled that the Gospel had gone to the Gentiles.

I am sure that at a later date James came into the full understanding of justification by faith alone, apart from the works of the law.

beloved57

James was trying to repent, Acts 15:19.

But then in Acts 15:20, 21. He lays the law on them again.

We have to keep in mind that the Jewish apostles were not exactly thrilled that the Gospel had gone to the Gentiles.

I am sure that at a later date James came into the full understanding of justification by faith alone, apart from the works of the law.

You are also a false accuser of the Apostle James !