Swine Sausage - Sin?

Lon

Some chickens are strangled. ;)

Dear glorydaz,​

You're right!! I just hate when they do that!!

The meat would be blue if it wasn't bled out. All FDA Regulated meat is bled out and coated or soaked in saline solution as a preservative.
I believe you not concerning blood and blood plasma, (salt only helps to disperse and therefore hide it).
FOA and FDA regulations require it. Bacteria grows very quickly in blood and every slaughter house hangs meat to 'cure' it, which includes drying it out and allowing acids and sugars to soften it. Whatever 'blood' you think you see in a juicy steak isn't. It is hydrated hemoglobin (meat suspended in water).

But if you do not believe what the Holy Spirit in the Scripture clearly says, from Acts 15:20, 28, 29, and Acts 21:25, (which you quoted) then what does that mean within the framework of your particular brand of Calvinism? How can one be sure he is truly "elect" if the same "elects" for himself which portions of the Scripture he will consume and which portions are not suitable to his taste? :)
Romans 14:1-8

All meat is bled. All meat is 'kosher' which was more practical than spiritual for Israel, though I wouldn't contest the need for them to be a separate people devoted to God. Their observances, thus, were to remind them to be set apart for God. Jesus Christ, our Lord, God, and Savior, is the fulfillment of the law. Galatians is written to all gentiles and Hebrews is a reminder that even Jews were to trust wholly in the work of Christ.

Whatever separation or observances you follow is fine as far as I'm concerned, but Paul calls us to eat according to our individual convictions: Colossians 3:17 1 Corinthians 10:31 and again, Romans reminds us not to be contentious over the matter. I'm thankful for bacon as well as healthier cuts of chops and ham. -Lon

The apostle John said that the Word who became flesh made all things, and without him was not anything made that was made.

This means that Christ made the dietary restrictions for God's people.

Someone said Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do you believe that?
Jews still cannot/will-not eat shellfish or pork. 'Their' reason is to be a separate people and because of early health concerns.

We cannot blindly follow any/all Jewish law as gentiles. Hebrews even makes clear that there are Jewish practices no longer acceptable for a Jew-Christian and they are instructed to leave it behind and embrace the work of Christ. We need an educated Christianity, not one that floats on wives' tales and whimsy. Ephesians 4:14 James 1:6

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...to leave it behind and embrace the work of Christ.

One of the works of Christ were the dietary restrictions on not eating scavengers.

The purpose of the restrictions was to teach that there is a difference between clean and unclean foods and to distinguish between what's holy and what's profane.

daqq

One of the works of Christ were the dietary restrictions on not eating scavengers.

The purpose of the restrictions was to teach that there is a difference between clean and unclean foods and to distinguish between what's holy and what's profane.

:thumb:

Let the scavengers eat the scavengers and the dead eat the dead. :)

daqq

The meat would be blue if it wasn't bled out. All FDA Regulated meat is bled out and coated or soaked in saline solution as a preservative.

FOA and FDA regulations require it. Bacteria grows very quickly in blood and every slaughter house hangs meat to 'cure' it, which includes drying it out and allowing acids and sugars to soften it. Whatever 'blood' you think you see in a juicy steak isn't. It is hydrated hemoglobin (meat suspended in water).

All meat is bled. All meat is 'kosher' which was more practical than spiritual for Israel, though I wouldn't contest the need for them to be a separate people devoted to God. Their observances, thus, were to remind them to be set apart for God. Jesus Christ, our Lord, God, and Savior, is the fulfillment of the law. Galatians is written to all gentiles and Hebrews is a reminder that even Jews were to trust wholly in the work of Christ.

Whatever separation or observances you follow is fine as far as I'm concerned, but Paul calls us to eat according to our individual convictions: Colossians 3:17 1 Corinthians 10:31 and again, Romans reminds us not to be contentious over the matter. I'm thankful for bacon as well as healthier cuts of chops and ham. -Lon

Jews still cannot/will-not eat shellfish or pork. 'Their' reason is to be a separate people and because of early health concerns.

We cannot blindly follow any/all Jewish law as gentiles. Hebrews even makes clear that there are Jewish practices no longer acceptable for a Jew-Christian and they are instructed to leave it behind and embrace the work of Christ. We need an educated Christianity, not one that floats on wives' tales and whimsy. Ephesians 4:14 James 1:6

It really does not concern me what you eat either but it was you who made a proclamation concerning what gentiles should and should not worry about eating. At the same time you quoted Acts 21:25 but countermanded that very statement with your own "proclamation to the gentiles", ( :) ). So unless you believe that you speak for all gentiles, (which I suppose is a completely different set of circumstances if you do) I would say that you have opened yourself up for what you have received so far; and to add to that, you do not understand as well as you presume what you read in Paul. Paul can be shown to have become an Essene, (no meat) as well as was Yeshua, that is, to one who is willing to see such things it can be shown: but to one who is not willing to see such things then, of course, the same can never be "proven". As for an "educated Christianity", which you say we need, do you understand how and why "the letter kills"? Why does Paul say this if you know? And why does he say that the Torah was being transgressed "through the letter", (and circumcision) if you happen to know? I would love to hear someone explain this for once in a satisfactory way.

Romans 2:27-28 KJV
27. And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by [GSN#1223 dia - through] the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
28. For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

How were/are they transgressing the Law "through the letter" and how is it that "the letter kills", (1 Corinthians 3:1-6)? There is really only one way this can be true, by the Law, and if you have read some of the many other comments within this thread then perhaps you might know the answer. However, a carnivore will not likely see such a thing so perhaps it would have been better to heed the warnings of the Holy Spirit and the Apostles from Acts 15:20-29 and 21:25. :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Lon,

I'm very interested in all that you are saying here. Very interesting!! Thanks!!!

Praise The Lord!!

Michael

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear patrick jane, Lon, Daqq, Rocketman, glorydaz, Nanja and Jamie,

I've written this post for the third time now. I lost the first two times. Eeek!! I went to copy the 2nd time, so I wouldn't lose it, and it got lost anyway. One more time and that's it.

Jamie, you have a wonderful point on us people eating scavengers of the ocean floor, etc. like the crabs, which have no fin. But lobster and shrimp have a tail fin, so they are fine with me. Lobster is my favorite food, even more than Prime Rib. Dip it in garlic lemon butter sauce. Yummm!! But now, no more crab legs. Or oysters, clams, scallops, etc. Now, about pork. I figure that the USDA makes sure we don't eat pork with worms and get trichinosis. There is no USDA in Mexico and I had a friend get trichinosis on his visit to Mexico. So during Armageddon, I don't think there will be people from the USDA worrying about whether pork is clean. There will be much more going on than worrying about pork. So be careful.

God Be With You All,

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :rapture: :rapture:

daqq

Dear patrick jane, Lon, Daqq and Jamie,

I've written this post for the third time now. I lost the first two times. Eeek!! I went to copy the 2nd time, so I wouldn't lose it, and it got lost anyway. One more time and that's it.

Jamie, you have a wonderful point on us people eating scavengers of the ocean floor, etc. like the crabs, which have no fin. But lobster and shrimp have a tail fin, so they are fine with me. Lobster is my favorite food, even more than Prime Rib. Dip it in garlic lemon butter sauce. Yummm!! But now, no more crab legs. Or oysters, clams, scallops, etc. Now, about pork. I figure that the USDA makes sure we don't eat pork with worms and get trichinosis. There is no USDA in Mexico and I had a friend get trichinosis on his visit to Mexico. So during Armageddon, I don't think there will be people from the USDA worrying about whether pork is clean. There will be much more going on than worrying about pork. So be careful.

God Be With You All,

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :rapture: :rapture:

God be with you too! By the way, I have read of a somewhat "mini-Armageddon" more than once: a Legion of Girgashites enter into about two thousand swine, the demon possessed herd rushes down a hillside into "the Lake", and they get choked out and perish in the washing of the water in the Word. :chuckle:

JonahofAkron

Are the scriptures you referred to in compliance with the law Christ gave to God's people? Or did Paul contradict the Law?

Paul testified, "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all.”
(Acts 25:8 NKJV)

Paul did not teach Jews contrary to the Law.

This is one of the most important points in understanding the writings of Paul. I'm surprised no one has jumped on it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are the scriptures you referred to in compliance with the law Christ gave to God's people? Or did Paul contradict the Law?

Paul testified, "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all.”
(Acts 25:8 NKJV)

Paul did not teach Jews contrary to the Law.

I'm saying all foods are ok to eat, the Bible (God) tells us so.

View attachment 20695

iouae

This is one of the most important points in understanding the writings of Paul. I'm surprised no one has jumped on it.

Paul kept the law strictly and encouraged Jews to do so.

But in Acts he gives a VERY OT-lite version of the law to the Gentiles.

Acts 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

There are 1050 commands in the NT which I consider far more worthy of focus than the 613 OT commands.

And all should keep the 10.

daqq

Acts 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

There are 1050 commands in the NT which I consider far more worthy of focus than the 613 OT commands.

The passage you quote from does not actually say "meats" but rather eidolothuton which is anything having been sacrificed to an idol or idols. Even if you purchased a prestigious and expensive book from a famous author, brought it home, laid it open before your eyes, and began consuming all of the words therein which you paid so dearly to obtain, you would likely be consuming "food" having been offered up to an idol, that is, the idol or idols of the author or authors: which idols are those much sought after all illusive illuminati eye of horus green-back bucks in your wallet that you forked over to obtain the blessing you received in exchange. Everything we put before our eyes to read is spiritual food; yet the translation you have quoted subverts the passage by adding "meats" and thereby limiting the statement to only one possible carnal meaning, "meats", which is false. :)

Lon

The passage you quote from does not actually say "meats" but rather eidolothuton which is anything having been sacrificed to an idol or idols. Even if you purchased a prestigious and expensive book from a famous author, brought it home, laid it open before your eyes, and began consuming all of the words therein which you paid so dearly to obtain, you would likely be consuming "food" having been offered up to an idol, that is, the idol or idols of the author or authors: which idols are those much sought after all illusive illuminati eye of horus green-back bucks in your wallet that you forked over to obtain the blessing you received in exchange. Everything we put before our eyes to read is spiritual food; yet the translation you have quoted subverts the passage by adding "meats" and thereby limiting the statement to only one possible carnal meaning, "meats", which is false. :)
You are waaaaay over-spiritualizing and wrong. You SHOULD read your bible a LOT more and debate with people a lot less. Off-hand, I can think of dozens of instances of stories where Hebrews read other literature and you are being foolish (and horribly juvenile-wrong).

Find ANY one instruction from Paul that forbids gentiles from eating what they have already been eating. The Acts passage doesn't do that, just describes the "way" meat is presented as something to pay attention to. He, as a Jew, observed what all Jews did and do, but there is a clear separation between what Jews were supposed to do, and what gentiles were:

I.O.U. (An-Education) has paid you his I.O.U. in full. Pay attention, he is correct.

Lon

I'm saying all foods are ok to eat, the Bible (God) tells us so.
Mar 7:14 And he called the people to him again and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand:
Mar 7:15There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him."
Mar 7:17 And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable.
Mar 7:18 And he said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him,
Mar 7:19since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?" (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

Act 10:10 And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance
Act 10:11 and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth.
Act 10:12 In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air.
Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him: "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
Act 10:14 But Peter said, "By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean."
Act 10:15 And the voice came to him again a second time, "What God has made clean, do not call common."

1Co 10:25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
1Co 10:26 For "the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof."
1Co 10:27 If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
1Ti 4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
1Ti 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
1Ti 4:5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.
1Ti 4:6 If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed.
1Ti 4:7 Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness;

daqq

You are waaaaay over-spiritualizing and wrong. You SHOULD read your bible a LOT more and debate with people a lot less. Off-hand, I can think of dozens of instances of stories where Hebrews read other literature and you are being foolish (and horribly juvenile-wrong).

Find ANY one instruction from Paul that forbids gentiles from eating what they have already been eating. The Acts passage doesn't do that, just describes the "way" meat is presented as something to pay attention to. He, as a Jew, observed what all Jews did and do, but there is a clear separation between what Jews were supposed to do, and what gentiles were:

Your interpretation of the passage makes the scripture of no effect, null and void, because you know full well that no one here needs to worry about eating "meat" that has been sacrificed to an idol: yet if that is indeed the only thing that the statement is supposed to mean then you, by your interpretation, have effectually nullified the meaning of the statement. In addition Paul clearly tells you to walk according to the Spirit because if you walk according to the flesh you will die. Are you walking according to the Spirit in your interpretation of this passage or according to the flesh and what you like to put into your belly of the flesh? Do you even know what the Spirit is in this sense? It is the Testimony of Yeshua whose words are SPIRIT and LIFE and his apostles and disciples speak and write in the SAME WAY. As for your accusation of "waaaaay over-spiritualizing and wrong" it is you who does not believe the Testimony of the Son of God as you consistently show by your own commentary:

Revelation 2:20-23 ASV
20. But I have this against thee, that thou sufferest the woman Jezebel, who calleth herself a prophetess; and she teacheth and seduceth my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed to idols [eidolothuton].
21. And I gave her time that she should repent; and she willeth not to repent of her fornication.
22. Behold, I cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of her works.
23. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he that searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto each one of you according to your works.

Perhaps it is you who needs to stop eating books sacrificed to the idols of the authors and start studying and the Word for yourself. This is supernal in meaning and even the same word from Acts 15:29, eidolothuton, is used in this passage, and speaks of the same things. Unless of course you think Jezebel was some other prophetess still living at the time this was written? You do know that this woman Jezebel is written about many years before, correct? You might want to take a look beginning at 1 Kings 16:31 and continue reading on from there so as to get some background information before you make anymore wild judgments based on your belly of the flesh. As it stands now you only reveal that you do not believe the Testimony of the Son of God written in the passage above. :)

achduke

Mar 7:14 And he called the people to him again and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand:
Mar 7:15There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him."
Mar 7:17 And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable.
Mar 7:18 And he said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him,
Mar 7:19since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?" (Thus he declared all foods clean.)

Act 10:10 And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance
Act 10:11 and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth.
Act 10:12 In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air.
Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him: "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
Act 10:14 But Peter said, "By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean."
Act 10:15 And the voice came to him again a second time, "What God has made clean, do not call common."

1Co 10:25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
1Co 10:26 For "the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof."
1Co 10:27 If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
1Ti 4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
1Ti 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
1Ti 4:5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.
1Ti 4:6 If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed.
1Ti 4:7 Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness;

Acts 10 is talking about believing gentiles. Food was used as an example but it was talking about gentiles. Just read the interpretation which is already given in Act 11:18.

Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

1 Corinthians 10:25-27 is talking about eating food that was sacrificed to idols.

1 Corinthians 10:28 But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

1 Timothy 4:1-7 Is talking about Food the origin is broma.

Strongs Greek 1033. broma bro'-mah from the base of 977; food (literally or figuratively), especially (ceremonially) articles allowed or forbidden by the Jewish law:--meat, victuals.

What is food to a Jew at this time? It was not swine, blood or shellfish. 1 Timothy 4:1-7 is already happening in modern times. Just look at the radical Vegan and Peta movement. Not that there is anything wrong with being Vegan but when you push it onto someone radically then there is a problem.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said that the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

We should have the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5).

The mind of Christ is obedience to God. Paul taught from the Hebrew Bible where God defined what is food and what is not food. Paul never taught anyone to disobey God.