Show me the good news

oatmeal

Well, that's real nice that we have you here to tell us what he really meant ... instead of what he plainly said. That's pretty big business these days ... selling "Christianity lite" ... all of the reward with none of the sacrifice. Spiritual cotton candy.

He said what he said. Hear it or don't ... at your own peril.

If you don't believe Paul was saved, that is your choice.

If you don't believe Paul met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10, why do you bother with scripture at all?

If you do not believe the words of the apostle Paul, why should you believe any of scripture?

II Timothy 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Not only had he (and we) been saved but he also called us with a holy calling.

You know what man's greatest spiritual problem is?

They don't believe God's word.

They don't trust it, they think it is man's writings, not God's words.

I Corinthians 9 is Paul speaking not of Paul trying to earn (it cannot be earned, it is a gift, Ephesians 2:8-9), or attempting to receive the gift of salvation (he already meet the requirements to receive salvation on the road to Damascus when Jesus Christ himself came down from the right hand of the throne of God to witness to Paul) but a man concerned and working to fulfill his holy calling because he was saved and appreciated what God in Christ had done for him, Ephesians 2:10, and it is about earning a crown for fulfilling his holy calling.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you sure your ancestors were never part of the LOST house of Israel?
Definitely not!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Should you ever read Romans 10:9-10, and actually pay attention to the words and their meanings, you would not disagree, but rather joy and rejoice on how simple receiving salvation is.
I believed Romans 10:9-10 for years believing WHO Jesus Christ is (which is what Romans 10:9-10 KJV is-the gospel of God Romans 1:1-4 KJV) and was NOT saved. I had not trusted the Lord believing the WHY of the cross which is NOT in Romans 10:9-10 KJV (doesn't tell us why Christ died), but 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. I was never told the good news of my salvation was that CHRIST DIED FOR MY SINS, WAS BURIED and ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY. I was told it was Romans 10:9-10 by religious men who don't preach the gospel of Christ as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. Seemingly, their testimony of the Lord is only that of WHO the Lord is and not WHAT He did for us! And here you are, doing much the same as Romans 10:9-10 DOES NOT SAY WHY CHRIST DIED.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Context of Romans 10 (we Gentiles are not in the picture):

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

fzappa13

If you don't believe Paul was saved, that is your choice.

If you don't believe Paul met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10, why do you bother with scripture at all?

If you do not believe the words of the apostle Paul, why should you believe any of scripture?

II Timothy 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Not only had he (and we) been saved but he also called us with a holy calling.

You know what man's greatest spiritual problem is?

They don't believe God's word.

They don't trust it, they think it is man's writings, not God's words.

I Corinthians 9 is Paul speaking not of Paul trying to earn (it cannot be earned, it is a gift, Ephesians 2:8-9), or attempting to receive the gift of salvation (he already meet the requirements to receive salvation on the road to Damascus when Jesus Christ himself came down from the right hand of the throne of God to witness to Paul) but a man concerned and working to fulfill his holy calling because he was saved and appreciated what God in Christ had done for him, Ephesians 2:10, and it is about earning a crown for fulfilling his holy calling.

So, you want to take a crack at the posts Heir ducked then?

Last edited:

Zeke

patrick jane;4511136]For future reference, the gospel of our salvation is this: Hearing, understanding and believing this will seal you with that Holy Spirit of promise -

Yet Galatians 1:12 reveals how this happens, we don't receive or hear it from man, only the spirit can awaken the Divine Seed in us.
The traditional dogma is received and learned from men which is why Acts 9:1-31 was provided to pervert Paul's conversion experience which has him consulting with men to learn what happened to him, when Galatians 1:15-24 tells a different order of events, immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood, yet Acts has him doing that very thing from a man, hung out with the bros and then went preaching in the synagogues.

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

And that happens within us not on some hill in the past observable kingdom Luke 17:20-21, The mystery of Christ within you Colossians 1:27, 1:18, the first born from the dead (not a dead physical corpse) Ephesians 2:1, just like prior mystery schools taught it long before Rome made it into a singular man literally sacrificed, it was taught as a inward struggle of death and rebirth (Luke 15:45) just like Galatians 4:24-28 also points out if you can get the literal out of you're mind, Isaac isn't a physical birth and neither was Jesus unless you want to call him a liar (Matt 11:11) concerning who represented the best born of Hagar the bond woman of the flesh, and what Jesus represented from above (Sarah) like Isaac both called the Promise that takes place in us 1Cor 15:45, what part of 2Cor 3:6 escapes you're discernment? the field holds the pearl and it is only found if you clear away the literal field.

that is the gospel of our salvation and again, hearing it, understanding it and believing and trusting in Christ saves you !!!

Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV

That is the gospel of tradition that is correct, trusting in the Christ/I am within is the universal truth that is all things to all people instead of the exclusive rights clause invented by Rome that still infects the biggest percent of christian dogmas.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
of your salvation!
Where is it found in the Bible?
What is it and how is one saved?
Salvation is all about transformation in this life.

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many before he was crucified in Jerusalem.

In my opinion, he himself does not seem to have sanctioned a blood sacrifice for sin.

Right Divider

Body part
BTW ... here's your crown:

1 Peter 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
Peter is ONE of the TWELVE apostles that will judge the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL. His message was written TO THEM and FOR THEM.

Paul never ONCE calls US sheep or Jesus OUR shepherd.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Salvation is all about transformation in this life.
That's not so. See Romans 5:9 KJV

In my opinion, he himself does not seem to have sanctioned a blood sacrifice for sin.
You have a lousy opinion of what God through the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished.

Romans 3:21-24 KJV, Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:9-10 KJV

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Repentance before God and a contrite heart
come from Jesus's own words on the subject.

The fact that Christians rarely acknowledge or pay attention to Jesus's own teachings prevents believers from knowing what he actually taught.

That's what meshak tells us !!!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That's what meshak tells us !!!
I only remember when she presented just a few of the many anti-poverty teachings, everyone piled on. And actually made fun of her hat?

When I have used Jesus's original ethical teachings for evidence of my claims, no one here has yet to read them or let them resonate with them at all.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That's not so. See Romans 5:9 KJV
I see Paul's letters as evidence of his own interpretation of what Jesus meant to HIM.

I tend to pay closer attention to the original source of our faith.

You have a lousy opinion of what God through the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished.

Noted. I have my own unique theology as do you yourself.

Romans 3:21-24 KJV, Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:9-10 KJV
Paul wrote in the 50s and some of his letters have been found to be clear forgeries by his later followers who signed his name to their own thinking.

Which wasn't, by the way, such a rare thing in the ancient world.

Finally, the "Good News" was clearly stated in the opening of the Gospel of Mark. Mark's gospel was the earliest written--about the year 70 or 80.

achduke

I see Paul's letters as evidence of his own interpretation of what Jesus meant to HIM.

Paul wrote in the 50s and some of his letters have been found to be clear forgeries by his later followers who signed his name to their own thinking.

Which wasn't, by the way, such a rare thing in the ancient world.

Finally, the "Good News" was clearly stated in the opening of the Gospel of Mark. Mark's gospel was the earliest written--about the year 70 or 80.

What is wrong with Romans? Romans 6:1 clears up Romans 5:9.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

heir

TOL Subscriber

You mean you don't believe all scripture.

Liar!

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Wrong "good news" and wrong again!

Paul's gospel is not after man, neither was he taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ!

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It was a mystery which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

And Paul tells us why it was a mystery!

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.