Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He's already come at me before. If he's anything like the others, it is something that will evolve.

he hates being talked about :idunno:

i've heard that if you say his name three times in front of a mirror, he'll appear

and start licking billboards :darwinsm:

if you want to get his goat when you're confronted with him parsing you - block quote him

drives him up the wall :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He's already come at me before.
I thought I remembered differing with you.

If he's anything like the others, it is something that will evolve.
Completely up to you. I mostly get along with people, even people I differ with fundamentally, so long as they restrict differences to the issue. I've had spirited differences with people on issues from politics to faith. Some of the people I like around here are right wingers. A few are leftists...and I've had good friends here who cover an equally wide range of religious belief.

The only litmus I have among friends is that they do that or have the grace to course correct when they don't...and I've had to apologize a few times for heat of the moment back and forth. But I try to do that, friend or not...a while back I said something insulting to...a Catholic woman who had a penchant for starting a large number of threads and being "bored" and dismissive when opposed by anyone in any of them. At any rate, what I said to her bothered me. I thought I'd crossed a personal line that shouldn't have been and that her relatively goofy and broad barbs didn't invite it. So I went back and publicly apologized for it, given that's where I'd made the remark. Neither of us liked the other, before or after, but she was gracious enough to accept it and while we continued to disagree, I thought better of her for it and it changed something in our discourse.

That doesn't even work with what I stated. You should be arrested for attempted depth :chuckle:
I don't have a problem with repartee, but you could have said, "You should be arrested for assaulting reason" and it would have been the same jab without the more personal insult attaching. I wouldn't have agreed with either, but it would have been the sort of response that, while barbed, is less likely to engender a lasting negatie and personal opinion with someone worth knowing and getting to know.

Bybee is one of the people I've differed with here and remained friends with over the years. More, grown a deeper and more considered respect for, even when and sometimes especially because of our differences and how she's handled that part. Now I figure that if someone is comfortable launching repartee or acerbic bombs then they're inviting a similar response and shouldn't have a problem with rough and tumble within a debate and in my professional life it wasn't unusual to do that sort of thing then go have a beer after the case was over and continue a friendship but I understand that's not for everyone and more often than not it ends badly with people who aren't.

I'm noticing something, though. About you all and TH.
I've rarely heard or read an attempt to broad brush like that that ends well or is ably considered. Now if you display the least bit of acrimony you'll be courted here by some with simmering grudges, but it's a poor trade for the appearance of an earned respect. Again, completely up to you.

A last thing about bybee that I've said elsewhere. We've disagreed on a number of topics over the years, sometimes strongly, but she's never let our differences come between us, impact our larger affection or friendship. God knows it would have been easier on her to do that, but she hasn't. No fair weather friend, she. And she remains one of the few people I've ever read reconsider and amend her position in the middle of an argument around here. I've seen that more than once. That's remarkable when you think about it.

Now back to the discussion. I just wanted to set out something I feel is important about what you were saying on the point. We may differ mightily on any number of topics from here on... I wanted to at least make certain I've been clear at the outset what my druthers are. Barbs? Sure, so long as the intimately personal aren't among them. Repartee is a thing I value, both in lighter moments and mixed into subjects of gravity and importance. It can sharpend the point while dulling the acrimony if done well.

Okay, that's my case. You'll do with it what you will and we'll take it from there.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't have a problem with repartee, but you could have said, "You should be arrested for assaulting reason and it would have been the same jab without the more personal insult attaching.

translation for the noobs: "you insulted my friend, so now i'm coming after you

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Well, that is his MO ... regardless of what username he is posting under.

I lost count- is this the 6th or 7th time I've been insinuated as being this mystical poster :think:

And by the same few people. I mean, get over your paranoia. You just sound ridiculous now, it's been like a month :plain:

A man doesn't like to be identified as a victim. Those who blame others for their own misfortunes are still bawl babies in the sandbox of life!

You merely made an insinuation that I'm being a 'poor, abused fellow', or whatever it is you stated.

It was just not too long ago that you were railing another poster for allegedly painting people in a certain way. I responded with saying how ironic that was..

and here you are :chuckle:

bybee

I lost count- is this the 6th or 7th time I've been insinuated as being this mystical poster :think:

And by the same few people. I mean, get over your paranoia. You just sound ridiculous now, it's been like a month :rotfl:

I don't think anyone really cares? It is a fun dart board.:devil:

bybee

And by the same few people. I mean, get over your paranoia. You just sound ridiculous now, it's been like a month :plain:

You merely made an insinuation that I'm being a 'poor, abused fellow', or whatever it is you stated.

It was just not too long ago that you were railing another poster for allegedly painting people in a certain way. I responded with saying how ironic that was..

and here you are :chuckle:

Indeed I am!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think anyone really cares? It is a fun dart board.:devil:

Well, it does put things into perspective in regards to what a person says in their posts.

In this case, nothing has changed. His mantra is always the same.
Women evil. Men saintly.

And here we are ... on a thread that is bashing rape victims. Who just happen to be mainly women.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Well, it does put things into perspective in regards to what a person says in their posts.

In this case, nothing has changed. His mantra is always the same.
Women evil. Men saintly.

And here we are ... on a thread that is bashing rape victims. Who just happen to be mainly women.

On a thread that makes an attempt to keep the focus on women's issues and ignore that of men's.

When men's issues are brought up, one of two things happen:
1.) you mock it
2.) you somehow make it about women all over again

I am not the only one in opposition to these shenanigans. Does that make me all these other posters as well?

And
I've been primarily focused on threads pertaining to Trump and Predestination.

With these threads, I'm basically not even taking them seriously anymore. In fact, that started a good while back. But either way, every time I get on one of these threads there is always your stupid insinuation, and it's gotten old. It's funny how you aren't on the others with that bologna :rolleyes:

bybee

On a thread that makes an attempt to keep the focus on women's issues and ignore that of men's.

When men's issues are brought up, one of two things happen:
1.) you mock it
2.) you somehow make it about women all over again

I am not the only one in opposition to these shenanigans. Does that make me all these other posters as well?

And
I've been primarily focused on threads pertaining to Trump and Predestination.

With these threads, I'm basically not even taking them seriously anymore. In fact, that started a good while back. But either way, every time I get on one of these threads there is always your stupid insinuation, and it's gotten old. It's funny how you aren't on the others with that bologna :rolleyes:

I do not bash men! I do bash the behavior of some person's, male or female who harm others.

Status
Not open for further replies.