South Carolina Cop Tosses Student Around

glorydaz

Call the parents and tell them to come get their disruptive kid out of the classroom or she will be arrested. Give them half an hour to get there, then arrest her. Don't throw her around the room and thrash her on the ground.

She wasn't thrown around the room and thrashed on the ground. But she did get a taste of what noncompliance can mean. ;)

Maybe she wanted to go home. She could give them all a high five as she walked out the door.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
How about saying "leave her, it's not a real big deal"?

I mean, seriously. Why not?

:doh:

sure, why not?

why not let all the kids do whatever they want instead of following instructions and actually learning in school

ok doser

Need I remind folks this was all over her checking her phone in class.

that's what started it

then, when asked politely to put it away, she refused

when asked to leave, she refused

iow, she wanted to make her own rules instead of following the rules that everybody else was expected to follow

how do you spose that's gonna work out for her in life?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Need I remind folks this was all over her checking her phone in class.

Funny so far that the folks convinced all public schools are abortion mills, brothels, and temples to Baal haven't once faulted a public school teacher for calling in a cop to assault a student.

Granite

Hall of Fame
She's disrupting the class and 30 other kids need to learn things.

Checking a phone and staying in your seat don't disrupt a thing.

Guess what the kids learned? That police brutality is perfectly normal. That's what you get, serf. Everyone take notes.

GuySmiley

How about saying "leave her, it's not a real big deal"?

I mean, seriously. Why not?
First I replied that she's being disruptive and 30 other kids need to learn because that's what Mocking You wrote. But this is about her checking her cell phone.

As long as the cell phone is silent, I wouldn't care personally, if I were her teacher. She might fail the class but that's her fault. If she can check her cell phone in class, and still end up with good work, I wouldn't care. So yeah, I'd leave her.

Still that's not the cop's decision. If the school wants her out of the class, its his job to remove her.

GuySmiley

Checking a phone and staying in your seat don't disrupt a thing.

Guess what the kids learned? That police brutality is perfectly normal. That's what you get, serf. Everyone take notes.
I initially wrote that because Mocking You said she was disrupting the class. Check my other response.

Granite

Hall of Fame
First I replied that she's being disruptive and 30 other kids need to learn because that's what Mocking You wrote. But this is about her checking her cell phone.

As long as the cell phone is silent, I wouldn't care personally, if I were her teacher. She might fail the class but that's her fault. If she can check her cell phone in class, and still end up with good work, I wouldn't care. So yeah, I'd leave her.

Still that's not the cop's decision. If the school wants her out of the class, its his job to remove her.

And you're not holding him at fault for assaulting a student.

ok doser

Guess what the kids learned?

that when the proper authorities make a reasonable request and you decide not to cooperate you're gonna get your butt whomped?

good lesson to learn :thumb:

much better in the classroom than out on the road with an armed cop

the question is - why didn't this girl learn that lesson many years ago, like in kindergarten?

GuySmiley

And you're not holding him at fault for assaulting a student.
No. That's his job. When people refuse to do things, cops have to make them do it. She wasn't injured. Notice in the other thread where the cop in Colorado Springs picked up that girl and set her down on her face, I'm against the cop.

In this case, she may have been embarrassed, but she wasn't hurt. He has to get her out of the classroom somehow. Yes he could drag her whole desk out, but this way worked too. As far as I'm concerned, if she was embarrassed by the way it happened, that's even better. She ought to be embarrassed by her own behavior.

Mocking You

and if she struggles and you drop the chair and she falls and breaks her arm?

lawsuit

besides, she's not a seven year old

Oh, all right then, SLIDE the desk along the floor and put it outside the classroom.

What's with this idea that the only way to handle this situation is to whale away on this kid?

ok doser

Oh, all right then, SLIDE the desk along the floor and put it outside the classroom.

What's with this idea that the only way to handle this situation is to whale away on this kid?

iirc, she was under arrest

that means cuffs

and compliance

good lesson to learn :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
No. That's his job.

Shouldn't be there in the first place.

When people refuse to do things, cops have to make them do it.

Do you understand what you're really saying?

P.S. "Set her down on her face"? And you're...against the cop. Uh-huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Yeah. Sure you are.