The Essay of Mark Twain About the Jews

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
THE ESSAY OF MARK TWAIN ABOUT THE JEWS

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way.
Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.

His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.

He has made a marvellous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.

The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed suit, and made a vast noise, and they are gone. Other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it has burned out, and they sit either in twilight now, or have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Mark Twain

I like Samuel. He made some great observations of the world in his times.

Ben Masada

I like Samuel. He made some great observations of the world in his times.

I wish I could understand what you are talking about. I am aware of Samuel but I have no idea what you mean for the great observations he made in his time. He did do a lot as a Prophet and a Judge but... what do you have in mind?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I wish I could understand what you are talking about. I am aware of Samuel but I have no idea what you mean for the great observations he made in his time. He did do a lot as a Prophet and a Judge but... what do you have in mind?

No !! Sorry, Mark Twain's real name is Samuel Clemens

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jews did not kill Christ.
Romans killed Christ.

Once again, your Zionist views are in contradiction of the Bible:

(1 Thess 2:14-15 KJV) For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
But then he was a great admirer of the Jewish People, being for that matter blessed by the Lord Who blesses those who bless Israel.

Why would an atheist admire a people blessed by God?

Don't you think your thought pattern is contradictory?

If Twain genuinely admired the Jewish people it could not have been because of a God he did not believe in. If we take Twain at his word then there would be two reasons for his admiration

1 He admired their financial success
2 He had a 'little man' complex

By the way, there is a group of people smaller in number with much great success.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No people have disobeyed God throughout history more so than the Jews.

For the last 2,000 years, no people have rejected The Lord Jesus Christ more so than the Jews have.

Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Eze 36:17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
Eze 36:18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
Eze 36:19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
Eze 36:20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
Eze 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Eze 36:17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
Eze 36:18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
Eze 36:19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
Eze 36:20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
Eze 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Not one thing in Ezk 36 is about the Jews.

Ezk 36 is about the Israelites from the House of Israel. These Israelites were never Jews. These Israelites went to war against the Jews.

This thread is about Jews.

Ben Masada

The Essay of Mark Twain About the Jews

Why would an atheist admire a people blessed by God?

Don't you think your thought pattern is contradictory?

If Twain genuinely admired the Jewish people it could not have been because of a God he did not believe in. If we take Twain at his word then there would be two reasons for his admiration

1 He admired their financial success
2 He had a 'little man' complex

By the way, there is a group of people smaller in number with much great success.

I am listening. Why did you stop with "the smaller-people-than-the-Jews which enjoy much greater success?" Could it have been that you happened to read Deut. 4:6 and Exod. 19:6? "...because this great nation is of truly a wise and intelligent People."