Neg Rep CPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
A willing student correcting his elders. Yes, I know. Instead of heeding what GM said, and trying to understand it, you became defensive and began to be offended by his "tone".

Now you're "playing the victim" and can't even see you are lecturing yourself.

Oh, horror of horrors he hurt your little feelings. You claim to be a willing student.....you aren't. Nor do you want to be.
Jesus has taught me I no longer have to play the victim if I don't want to.

Lecturing myself is something I am abundantly aware of. And I stand with Jesus and usually recognize the logs in my own eyes before pointing out the speck of sawdust in anyone else's.

Your friend did not hurt my feelings. I can recognize a person's good intentions behind their behavior. I have worked a lifetime with other people as a mediator and an oncology tech with end-stage patients and their families. And I worked a short time as a drug/alcohol counselor for teenagers. I think he is hurt himself and can only lash out to me instead of tracing down the fundamental problem.

I know when I am doing a helpful job by the reaction I get from others.

Too often you folks on TOL are cruel and mocking to others--a clear sign that you have no available better choices in your toolbox to live the Christian life you claim to live.

I respect your struggles. And if I think it is appropriate, I will surely address them and try to understand.

I think your anger and aggressiveness toward me is understandable, given the context of our interaction. I myself am always willing to be accountable for my own hypocrisy, bigotry and wrong-headedness.
The first thing to do is to be AWARE of one's intentions, as well as the EFFECT of those intentions on others.

I am hoping folks like you would show me other, less upsetting ways to frame my points and arguments. I am sorry you take them so defensively but unless you show me specifically HOW to communicate my same ideas, beliefs and thinking without touching a nerve, there is not much I can do, is there?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Lord have mercy. You have got to be very young, or very naïve, or simply sheltered. You're in the right thread, I'll give you that much. :baby:
Again, you fling out disrespect and at the same time are seemingly unable or unwilling to be accountable for your behavior.

I always try to be honest and assess my own behavior with a clear eye and head. And my relationship with Jesus guides me in that task.
And if I am walking through life without being present, I rely on others to point out my moral shortcomings. And I am grateful for that.

Where is your faith? In a Jesus that does NOT condemn brainless name-calling like the word "fool"?

The questions are crucial. But I do not believe you will ever try to answer them with honesty and an awareness of what Christian faith is all about.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
more strong (good) advice from aikido
Thanks for saying that but I am just one more "slob on the bus making his lonely way home."

I wonder if it is such obvious "good advice" why MG crawls out of his cocoon and gives me a little red negative rep sign?

I have let him know that he needs to make the little squares out of PlayDough. I have always loved the smell.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Those who can't take the heat should get out of the kitchen. And quit trying to flail around and try and cook up some self-important masterpiece.

Lead, follow, or get out of the kitchen.

glorydaz

Again, you fling out disrespect and at the same time are seemingly unable or unwilling to be accountable for your behavior.

I always try to be honest and assess my own behavior with a clear eye and head. And my relationship with Jesus guides me in that task.
And if I am walking through life without being present, I rely on others to point out my moral shortcomings. And I am grateful for that.

Where is your faith? In a Jesus that does NOT condemn brainless name-calling like the word "fool"?

The questions are crucial. But I do not believe you will ever try to answer them with honesty and an awareness of what Christian faith is all about.

Jesus called the Pharisees and hypocrites fools because they were fools. That's the same reason I call you a fool.
When the shoe fits, it's pretty dumb to pretend like it doesn't...especially when it has I and ME and MY written all over it.

If you weren't so worried about being disrespected, then you would be a spiritual man. It's a silly and self-centered game you play. It's always men of the flesh that get their feelings hurt and think people aren't respecting them. You are so bound up in your own flesh that you judge everyone else as if they were in the flesh. So you can bellyache and whine all you like. It's what the natural man does because he's always taken up with SELF.

glorydaz

I have plenty of errors I commit every single day.

As for my quotation, Jesus either said it or he didn't.
You can't have it both ways. At least not with me.

I take Jesus's life and teachings seriously.

Jesus said it. He also said to "Be perfect". What you're missing is WHY Jesus said what He did....that if you even look at a woman with lust in your eyes, you've committed adultery with her in your heart. In other words....every single thought of your heart will be judged.

The purpose of Matt. 5 and the high bar of perfection which Jesus spoke of was to cause men to see that they fall short of the glory of God. Not so the self-righteous could point their little finger at others and say how bad they are. Not so they would pretend like they were able to meet that high bar of perfection. It was to humble man.....get him to admit his own inability...and cause him to turn to God for His Mercy and GRACE.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And every thought from your hearts will be judged ~ gd

Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:33 PM Tambora .
Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:31 PM Tambora .
Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:29 PM Tambora .
Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:27 PM Tambora .
Keep a word, change a... October 25th, 2015 07:24 PM Tambora .
17 Year Old Shot And... October 25th, 2015 07:17 PM Tambora
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:14 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:13 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:12 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:10 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:09 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:05 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 06:59 PM Tambora .

ALL NEGS FOR NO REASON

glorydaz

And every thought from your hearts will be judged ~ gd

Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:33 PM Tambora .
Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:31 PM Tambora .
Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:29 PM Tambora .
Neg Rep CPA October 25th, 2015 07:27 PM Tambora .
Keep a word, change a... October 25th, 2015 07:24 PM Tambora .
17 Year Old Shot And... October 25th, 2015 07:17 PM Tambora
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:14 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:13 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:12 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:10 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:09 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 07:05 PM Tambora .
TOL's Terrible Secret October 25th, 2015 06:59 PM Tambora .

ALL NEGS FOR NO REASON

No reason? Can't fool dead-eye Tam, little pj. She's heard
that "I didn't do it" story one time too many.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is not a lecture.

It was meant to be a pointed metaphor on your inability or unwillingness to meet with me on issues, not mockery, sarcasm and condemnation.

I ask you to be an adult and comment respectfully. When you don't I will call you on it. It does me good to stand with integrity and purpose.

I have healthy boundaries--in my journey with Jesus especially.

Thanks for another lecture. You must have an IQ as large as your shoe size?

glorydaz

Regarding glorydaze and his friend:

People claim to take Jesus at his word and exhort others to believe, believe, believe and yet suffer not the slightest urge to change their own ungodly behavior.

Curious and curiouser.

Oh, you can see my "ungodly behavior", can you? Is that your claim?

What is it about my behavior you find "ungodly"? Spit it out, so all can hear your accusations.

Don't just make sideways claims you can't prove......stand up like a man, and show us what you have.

I call you a fool just exactly like our Lord called the hypocrites of His day "fools", and you judge that "ungodly behavior"? FOOL.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh, you can see my "ungodly behavior", can you? Is that your claim?

What is it about my behavior you find "ungodly"? Spit it out, so all can hear your accusations.

Don't just make sideways claims you can't prove......stand up like a man, and show us what you have.

I call you a fool just exactly like our Lord called the hypocrites of His day "fools", and you judge that "ungodly behavior"? FOOL.

You're sure lashing out today ! calling names to everyone. here's a recent comment on my thread, from you to me -

GD pronounces:

"Shut up, little worm. Either enter the conversation or go back to your room and play with your toys."

glorydaz

You're sure lashing out today ! calling names to everyone. here's a recent comment on my thread, from you to me -

GD pronounces:

"Shut up, little worm. Either enter the conversation or go back to your room and play with your toys."

Not "everyone", LIAR, and, unlike you, I do it right out in the open. :wave:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How Can You Avoid Gossip?
Consider these simple steps to be sure you are not involved in gossip:
Do not associate yourself with one who is a known gossip
When someone starts to gossip — change the subject
If you are not part of the problem or part of the solution, stay out of it
If you have fallen into the bad habit of gossiping — ask God to change your heart
When you have been the victim of gossip — confront the parties that spread the rumor

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/gossip-bible-verses-15-helpful-quotes/#ixzz3pdrTv616

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Deceit, Backbiting, Busybodies, Malicious Gossips & Whisperers
Psalms 41:7 All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.