Deputy killed in Minnesota after hospitalized suspect grabs his gun

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"Take that and twist it however you want" is directed to everyone? Do you really think you can get away with saying that? You've got some nerve, I'll give you that.

What you need to do is stop trying to wiggle your way out of what you say. The only twisting that's going on is you squirming once again. You even had to quote it twice because once is never enough for you. You'll probably carry this one for four or five more posts....probably even more than that. You'll probably create another thread about it. And you tell me to grow up? :chuckle:

I'm not squirming and wriggling out of anything. Are we supposed to abide by and believe YOUR INTERPRETATION of what I'm saying and what I mean ? I stand behind everything I ever posted, no squirming here. You seem to be though, you should really stop trying to analyze conversations you aren't involved in; kids do that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm not squirming and wriggling out of anything. Are we supposed to abide by and believe YOUR INTERPRETATION of what I'm saying and what I mean ? I stand behind everything I ever posted, no squirming here. You seem to be though, you should really stop trying to analyze conversations you aren't involved in; kids do that.

easy enough to clear this all up

pj - did the cop deserve this?

PureX

It is interesting to consider that had the officer not been armed, he would probably be alive right now.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It is interesting to consider that had the officer not been armed, he would probably be alive right now.

riiiight

because if the officer hadn't been armed, the murderer would have lain in the hospital bed peacefully and not struggled to escape :dizzy:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:think: Right .... because the guy who brutalized and terrorized his wife would have sat calmly in the corner rather than using whatever obstacle he could find to kill the deputy.

The biggest error I am seeing is that the suspect was ever allowed to roam free to begin with.

PureX

:think: Right .... because the guy who brutalized and terrorized his wife would have sat calmly in the corner rather than using whatever obstacle he could find to kill the deputy.
No, because I think the cop would have been a lot harder for the suspect to kill if a gun had not been in the room.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, because I think the cop would have been a lot harder for the suspect to kill if a gun had not been in the room.

The only error I can see on the part of the police department is that they were waayyyy too lenient on the guy with the means of restraint.

PureX

The only error I can see on the part of the police department is that they were waayyyy too lenient on the guy with the means of restraint.
Well, we see the "errors" that we want to see, I suppose.

I'm not really pointing out any "errors". I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that if there had not been a gun in the room, the cop would probably not be dead right now.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, we see the "errors" that we want to see, I suppose.

I'm not really pointing out any "errors". I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that if there had not been a gun in the room, the cop would probably not be dead right now.

It's not the gun that made the shooter violent. IF it were, how would you explain his history of domestic abuse and terrorizing his wife?

Facts are facts. A decent man died because a maniac was treated too humanely.

PureX

It's not the gun that made the shooter violent.
It's the gun that made the cop dead.
Facts are facts. A decent man died because a maniac was treated too humanely.
Do you think this justifies not treating suspect humanely? After all, he was only a suspect. He was not a convicted criminal.

This is always the problem for police. We citizens must be considered innocent until we are proven guilty, and yet that means that the police will have to treat guilty people as innocent people until they are proven guilty. And that's dangerous.

It's unfortunate, but it's certainly necessary. Because otherwise, the police would be our judges, juries, and executioners. And we all know what happens when societies fall into that scenario.

Dan Emanuel

It's the gun that made the cop dead...
Had the murderer instead grabbed a syringe filled with KCl, and injected it into the policeman's carotid artery, would you say the same thing; that somehow the murderer himself had nothing to do with the "cop" being "dead?"
...Do you think this justifies not treating suspect humanely? After all, he was only a suspect. He was not a convicted criminal.

This is always the problem for police. We citizens must be considered innocent until we are proven guilty, and yet that means that the police will have to treat guilty people as innocent people until they are proven guilty. And that's dangerous...
What's dangerous is not responding appropriately to a clear and present danger. And that includes not being situationally aware enough to not have your own sidearm taken from you.
...It's unfortunate, but it's certainly necessary. Because otherwise, the police would be our judges, juries, and executioners. And we all know what happens when societies fall into that scenario.
It's not unfortunate at all, but a blessing, that we insist upon presumed innocence until proven guilty. But a clear and present danger is a different thing all together.

DJ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's the gun that made the cop dead.
Do you think this justifies not treating suspect humanely? After all, he was only a suspect. He was not a convicted criminal.

This is always the problem for police. We citizens must be considered innocent until we are proven guilty, and yet that means that the police will have to treat guilty people as innocent people until they are proven guilty. And that's dangerous.

It's unfortunate, but it's certainly necessary. Because otherwise, the police would be our judges, juries, and executioners. And we all know what happens when societies fall into that scenario.

Any suspect warranting an armed guard at the room is pretty much guilty or there is strong evidence supporting guilt, they don't do that for average suspects. My contention is he should have been strapped down at all times until safely in custody and out of the hospital.