ECT What is the difference between "Redemption" and "Salvation"?

Cross Reference

Redemption does not imply salvation, and salvation does not imply redemption. They are two different words with two different meanings.

Redemption is simply a step within the process of God's elect receiving salvation.

Salvation could not have been possible without redemption first being a fact.

Here's something else you missed", redemption and reconciliation are one in the same meaning. Think about it. I am off to bed.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
What is the difference between "Redemption" and "Salvation"?

What is the difference between "Redemption" and "Salvation"?

The price of redemption was the blood of the Messiah. The very concept of redemption means, “to purchase out of.” In the spiritual realm, it means, “to purchase out of the slave market of sin.” To purchase something always requires a purchase price. The purchase price was the blood of the Messiah (I Cor. 6:19-20; I Pet. 1:18 -19). There are three different Greek words all meaning “to redeem.” Each has a slightly different shade of meaning. The first one is agorazo, which means “to purchase,” “to pay the price sin demanded so that one can be redeemed” (II Pet. 2:1; Rev. 5:9). The second word is exagorazio, which means, “to purchase out of the marketplace.” In the spiritual realm, it means, “to purchase out of the slave market of sin” (Gal. 3:13; 4:5). The third Greek word is lutroo, and it means “to release and set free” (Mat. 20:28; I Tim. 2:6; Titus 2:14). By combining these three Greek words, redemption means that the redeemed person is purchased by the payment of a price, the blood of the Messiah; he is removed out of the marketplace, the slave market of sin; then he is set free so that he can serve the Lord.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Forgiveness means that all of the believer's sins, past, present, and future, have been totally forgiven (Eph. 1:7; Col. 1:14; 2:13). What this means is that there is no sin that a believer can commit which will cause him to lose his salvation. When the Messiah died, He died long before those who are now alive had ever committed a single sin. He died for all future sins, including all the sins of those who are now living. All sins, past, present, and future, have been totally forgiven. Therefore, there is no sin that the believer can commit which can cause him to lose his salvation. The application of this truth is found in Ephesians 4:32: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, even as God also in Christ forgave you. Notice the term in Christ. That is the technical term describing the believer's position. Paul emphasizes the position of forgiveness: even as God also in Christ forgave you. The application is that since the believer has been forgiven, he should forgive fellow believers who have wronged him. Another passage where an application has been made is Colossians 3:13: forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Cross Reference

All men are redeemable but are not redeemed until they exercise faith which is the prerequisite of salvation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I wouldn't go that far because some men, by their own 'making', have made themselves unredeemable. Roman's 1:28+/- KJV would indicate that since it refers to men before redemption was possible. However. I do see what you otherwise mean to say.

Cross Reference

The price of redemption was the blood of the Messiah. The very concept of redemption means, “to purchase out of.” In the spiritual realm, it means, “to purchase out of the slave market of sin.” To purchase something always requires a purchase price. The purchase price was the blood of the Messiah (I Cor. 6:19-20; I Pet. 1:18 -19). There are three different Greek words all meaning “to redeem.” Each has a slightly different shade of meaning. The first one is agorazo, which means “to purchase,” “to pay the price sin demanded so that one can be redeemed” (II Pet. 2:1; Rev. 5:9). The second word is exagorazio, which means, “to purchase out of the marketplace.” In the spiritual realm, it means, “to purchase out of the slave market of sin” (Gal. 3:13; 4:5). The third Greek word is lutroo, and it means “to release and set free” (Mat. 20:28; I Tim. 2:6; Titus 2:14). By combining these three Greek words, redemption means that the redeemed person is purchased by the payment of a price, the blood of the Messiah; he is removed out of the marketplace, the slave market of sin; then he is set free so that he can serve the Lord.

Referring to Jesus, I believe you really mean to say he is free that he "might" serve the Lord. Of course, at this juncture, he realizes nothing of the sort has happened for his benefit so he continues on his present course of life without knowledge either unto the good or bad in his 'walk by faith'. . . and how would he know unless a preacher is sent?

Cross Reference

]
Forgiveness means that all of the believer's sins, past, present, and future, have been totally forgiven (Eph. 1:7; Col. 1:14; 2:13). What this means is that there is no sin that a believer can commit which will cause him to lose his salvation.

That would seem to indicate that the souls of believers have been made pure upon there being saved? Would that be true in your estimation?

When the Messiah died, He died long before those who are now alive had ever committed a single sin. He died for all future sins, including all the sins of those who are now living. All sins, past, present, and future, have been totally forgiven.

But then Jesus [messiah], in the foreknowledge of God, died before the creation of world?

How does that fit in since, in actuality, nothing could have possibly have transpired except the plan in the Mind of God for all, in that date, who would come to Jesus for salvation could receive it if they abide, plus nothing.

Now, defining "salvation" might by in order, doncha think?

When Jesus came on the scene, He had to be proven just as Abraham as a type of Jesus, was proven. Where does that leave man that in the afterwards of his salvation he also must be proven? If not, then why the dirty white robes mentioned here if saved man has no responsibity in the saving of his soul?: "And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:13-14 (KJV) Note that it doesn't say 'all came out' which leaves us to assume some didn't make the cut which also would indicate that being born again is no magic wand passed over one.

Therefore, there is no sin that the believer can commit which can cause him to lose his salvation. The application of this truth is found in Ephesians 4:32: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, even as God also in Christ forgave you. Notice the term in Christ. That is the technical term describing the believer's position. Paul emphasizes the position of forgiveness: even as God also in Christ forgave you. The application is that since the believer has been forgiven, he should forgive fellow believers who have wronged him. Another passage where an application has been made is Colossians 3:13: forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye.

But Paul also said this here and elsewhere: " For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Colossians 1:19-24 (KJV)

Inasmuch as Jesus made possible through death to His flesh even before the cross our salvation, our reconciliation, so ought we spiritually speaking, by dying in like manner as He, i.e., taking up our cross daily, continue, that we sustain what He has accomplished. In this He will not ashamed to called us "brothers". "For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren," Hebrews 2:10-11 (KJV)

Note: "Captain" as in Leader. The one who enables and protects His sheep from wolves . . NOT the law of their flesh, something He cannot do and will not do. Here: "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently" 1 Peter 1:22 (KJV)

God's Truth

So you've been redeemed already ? you're in heaven ?

True believers are redeemed now, we are NOW seated with Jesus in God

However, our PHYSICAL bodies will be redeemed at the resurrection of the dead.

Scriptures that support the first resurrection, that of our spirits going to heaven with Jesus, before we die a physical death…

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 6:56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
True believers are redeemed now, we are NOW seated with Jesus in God

However, our PHYSICAL bodies will be redeemed at the resurrection of the dead.

My point exactly

Scriptures that support the first resurrection, that of our spirits going to heaven with Jesus, before we die a physical death…

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 6:56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

That's the point

God's Truth

We are reconciled to God when we are saved, we have the Spirit of God living inside of us that is salvation. We have been redeemed.

Cross Reference

Redemption is fact. It was a 'onetime' occurance/event that satisfies both the spirit and physical requirements for the ressurection of man, either unto life or death.