The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

c.moore

What do you say about water baptism after salvation.

Is it needed and if not why not?

I believe it is a command , and it is an act that you should and want to do if you are really saved born again, and want to follow Jesus after you are a son or a daughter in the Lord.

As you go through your love walk and people are seeing your fruits , they will or should witness one of your fruits you are saved by a water baptism as the symbol of your death and life in Christ from your real baptism in Christ the spiritual baptism.

I advise every christian who get saves some where in there christian walk to get water baptized, so let our light shine in being obedient Children so we can stand before God and God will say well done my faithful servant and part of your christian walk reward will be a reward for your obedience in baptism, "But" our salvation is completly covered and made whole in the faith , and blood of Jesus, and trusting in Jesus with repentance.

Baptism by water is not in the plain of salvation but in the will of God for us in our christian walk, as sons and daughter in the Kingdom of God.

AMEN!:)

HopeofGlory

Originally posted by drbrumley
Hope Of Glory,

Good to see you again. I'm glad your still around. It's been awhile.

As for your question, I say you don't need to be baptized with water period. The Holy Spirit has baptized you already into His Body so the need to be baptized into a congrgation of beleivers almost means nothing except to those who deem it neccessary to witness this event.

In Christ,
DRBrumley

Thanks DR, I have been busy starting a new business and still don't have much free time.

Paul taught that our baptism places us into the body and the 'witness' is that Christ died for our sins not a water baptism for remission of sins. Therefore water baptism "means nothing
except to those who deem it necessary".

Water baptism is not a symbol of our faith and we are not commanded to perform the ritual.

I enjoy your post DR, keep up the good work.

My God continue to bless you with His wisdom.

Kevin

Pastor,

no, you and i disagree on the point that mentally challenged folk cannot believe. this is partly why i brought up the scripture in romans, it points out that belief does not require supperior mental faculties, if it did, i wouldnt be saved!

There are degrees of mental retardation. I was referring to the severest of cases, where people have to assisted in virtually every thing that they do because they lack the mental faculties. And there are certainly people born deaf and blind... I'd like to see you teach the gospel to them. Then of course there are babies that die in the delivery room. There's no way they beleive, yet, the way you interpret that Romans verse, that's "no excuse", so I guess they are doomed. :rolleyes:

The simple fact remains that you are trying to use a very rare case scenario, that is real life just as my examples are, to try and apply that to all people and invalidate baptism's necessity, despite the fact that the Bible links baptism to salvation and was clearly understood by the early Christians, some who were taught by the apostles themselves.

Kevin

frostmanj,

Been covered. Nobody has said that works saves a person. My message, as well as others, is that faith saves, but only if it leads to repentance and obedience. Otherwise, faith profits nothing.

Kevin

drbrumley,

So, true. But what do you expect when people say that the church started with Acts 2?

Logic and truth.

What do I expect from people who claim that God couldnt' get it right the first time after sending His only Son to die? Rediculous.

Crow

Kevin,

In the case of mental retardation you mention, there is no clear picture in the Bible of what God will do, at least not that I can see. As you mentioned, these are uncommon cases. My best guess, and this is only a guess, is that the persons you mention--babies that die young and profoundly retarded people--do not adequately possess free will and cannot willfully separate themselves from relationship with God as the rest can. As for the deaf/blind instance--Helen Keller was both, and a Christian.

For the rest, about baptisim, I have to disagree with you. It looks like the whole issue has been pretty well hashed out here, and it's starting to smack of flogging the dead horse in this thread. I don't have a thing to add to the arguments that others have lain our. I will just note that my viewpoint is that Christ's sacrifice and grace are sufficient for salvation, and no human act can possibly add to the two.

Kevin

Pastor,

repentance is a biproduct of faith, a direct result, not a seperate entity.

Actually, they are two seperate things, as I've shown in the past. Believing somthing and acting on that belief are two different things.

I'm quite sure that there are people who have faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, but has not repented of things that are sinful in the eyes of God. They are two different things.

I will agree that repentance is a biproduct of faith, but so is baptism. We are baptized as a result of our faith, and our decision to act on that faith.

Last edited:

Kevin

Crow,

In the case of mental retardation you mention, there is no clear picture in the Bible of what God will do, at least not that I can see. As you mentioned, these are uncommon cases. My best guess, and this is only a guess, is that the persons you mention--babies that die young and profoundly retarded people--do not adequately possess free will and cannot willfully separate themselves from relationship with God as the rest can.

Well, according to Pasor's interpreation, all people have NO excuse, and belief is a requirement. According to his strict interpretation, they are doomed.

As for the deaf/blind instance--Helen Keller was both, and a Christian.

I thought of her, but I didn't realize the extent of her capabilities to be communicated with. I'll retract that example then.

For the rest, about baptisim, I have to disagree with you. It looks like the whole issue has been pretty well hashed out here, and it's starting to smack of flogging the dead horse in this thread. I don't have a thing to add to the arguments that others have lain our. I will just note that my viewpoint is that Christ's sacrifice and grace are sufficient for salvation, and no human act can possibly add to the two.

Your right, this thread is very long, and doesn't appear that resolution will be reached. Your viewpoint has certainly been echoed and addressed.

c.moore

Originally posted by Crow
Kevin,

In the case of mental retardation you mention, there is no clear picture in the Bible of what God will do, at least not that I can see. As you mentioned, these are uncommon cases. My best guess, and this is only a guess, is that the persons you mention--babies that die young and profoundly retarded people--do not adequately possess free will and cannot willfully separate themselves from relationship with God as the rest can. As for the deaf/blind instance--Helen Keller was both, and a Christian.

Hello crow

thank for taking the time to read some of this water baptism madness of a new gospel.
(In the name of the Lord)
get wet to get repentance, and maybe earn salvation if you get wet enough.

I think if people read the stuff kevin believes nobody will want to get saved , because it`s to much works, and qualifications which cancel out the grace of God..

God Bless you:thumb:

Last edited:

Freak

Originally posted by Kevin
Freak,
One thing I will change from my previous answer is that I don't "trust" in my obedience, however, I know that without my obedience to Christ, I will not abide in His love, nor will I have the truth. Our obedience is essential!

Kevin, thank you for the honesty. You're getting closer....

You said: "Our" obedience is essential?

Why is it..if "in Christ" we are righteous through His obedience?

For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

In light of this truth...do we find righteouness through our obedience or HIS?

HopeofGlory

drbrumley,

Logic and truth.

What do I expect from people who claim that God couldnt' get it right the first time after sending His only Son to die? Rediculous.

Israel did not get it (gospel) right.

I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Rom. 11:11

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1 Tim. 1:16

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. Rom. 2:16

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Kevin

Freak,

Kevin, thank you for the honesty. You're getting closer....

I try to be as honest as I can all the time.

You said: "Our" obedience is essential?

Yup.

Why is it..if "in Christ" we are righteous through His obedience?

There's one key thing you are missing here. My last post to you showed that we abide in Jesus's love IF WE keep His commandments (John 15:10). You didn't even try to refute that.

This goes hand in hand with 1 John 2:3-4 which gives the qualifier of whether or not we know Christ: if WE keep His commandments.

We are made righteous through Christ's obedience because without that, there would be no death on the cross - thus, no salvation possible. The argument at hand is how we know whether or not we are in Christ, and I've given clear evidence to show that keeping His commandments is essential to abiding in Him.

You can't just pretend those verses don't exsist. They do exist.

For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

In light of this truth...do we find righteouness through our obedience or HIS?

We find ourselves righteous through His obedience, provided that we know Him and abide in His love.

Kevin

Hope,

Israel did not get it (gospel) right.

I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Rom. 11:11

I'll admit that most of the Jews rejected the Messiah, but certainly not all of them. Paul started out preaching to the Jews (now why would he do that if he had a different gospel... the 12 others already had a gospel for the Jews), but when they rejected Paul, he took his message to the Gentiles (Acts 13:46). Was Paul's message to the Jews the same as the other 12's to the Jews, or did Paul have a different Jewish gospel than that of the 12?

Likewise, when Peter spoke to Cornelious in Acts 10, did Peter use the same gospel that he spoke to the Jews in Acts 2... or did Peter have a special gospel for the Cornelious household?

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1 Tim. 1:16

So he was the first. That proves nothing in the sense that Paul had a new gospel.

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. Rom. 2:16

Emphasis on the word "my", right? All that means to me is that it is referring to the gospel that Christ instructed him to preach. I see no evidence that it is different from the gospel of the 12. Not one did Paul say that his gospel was different from the 12. Not once.

Peter certainly figured it out that the gospel that he preached (his gospel) was for both Jew and Gentile alike:

Acts 15: 7-11 (MKJV)
7) And after much disputing, Peter rose up and said to them, Men, brothers, you recognize that from ancient days God chose among us that through my mouth the nations should hear the Word of the gospel, and believe.
8) And God, who knows the hearts, bore them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit even as to us.
9) And He put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10) Now therefore why do you tempt God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples, a yoke which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11) But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, according to which manner they also believed.

Look at verse 9 again... there's PETER recognizes that there is no difference between them and the Gentiles, and that the purifcation of hearts came through faith, just as Paul preached.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Yes, no amout of righteous work could have earned Christ coming down and providing salvation. God brought salvation to the world by, out of His grace, sending His Son to die for us. That's what makes it free. But obviously salvation is conditional, otherwise everybody will make it to heaven because Christ died on the cross.

The verse makes it clear that we are saved by the washing of regeneration, and by the renewing of the Holy Spirit. If you look up the Greek for washing and regeneration, it's speaking of baptism. And it's NOT referring to Spirit baptism because Pauls speaks of the Holy Spirit renewing us AFTER the washing of regeneration.

Ecumenicist

Many of these postings miss the point. No one is good enough to be
saved, no one is worthy, and there is nothing we can do to be saved.
Nothing. Not obey certain laws, not be Baptized, not anything.

Salvation is a matter of accepting what God has given freely.

AFTER we accept God's UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, then we are free
to express our gratitude in some of the ways that have been
expressed here, baptism, joyful obedience, etc.

Before salvation we do the Godly things, worship, pray, fast,
become Baptized, etc. etc. out of a sense of duty. After salvation
we do those things out of gratitude.

The Holy Spirit is waiting right now for us to just accept God's
perfect and profound and unconditional Love for us. To accept this
love is to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Dave Miller

c.moore

c.moore,

Still waiting for your response to these questions:

• Since the author of your borrowed argument acknowledges that Acts 2:38 is referring to water baptism, has your view changed on this?
  • How can you say that faith *only* saves when you claim repentance is ALSO necessary for salvation? If faith *ONLY* was enough, then nothing else matters in regards to salvation. How do you explain your contradiction?

Nope!
My views are the same Spiritual baptism.
Somethings some pastor preach or say I don´t agree either like some agree with tithing, and alot do.

I accept the others things they say but one or two things I personally don`t agree until God reveals to me something different.
Kevin you know I am a man who will repent when I am wrong about something I have proven this so many time because of lack of understanding.
But when I know I am right about something i stand on it, specially about how a person can be saved.
Sence I have a heart to evangelize nations my first vision ,dream and heart is to bring thousands to Jesus Christ with a correct message of how to get save and have salvation.

The problem we have Kevin is your salvation message is included to be saved a water baptism, and good works of obedience.

I believe we need these things but I have told you and many here have tried to explain, debate ,teach and more than anything warn you of a false salvation doctrine where you are putting the cart before the horses.

you also try to make yourself righteous and obedient , when the bible say`s we are righteous through Christ already.

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Faith and the belief you are forgiven goes together for repentance , that `s very simple.
repentance with the heart is the key not repentance with water.

Ro:10:8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Ro:10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro:10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I have mention so many times and showed you that being saved with believing with faith, repentntance, and the washing of the blood of Jesus , trusting in Him saves us.

I have not said "Just faith" saves and go on living a sinful life as before.

I have also gave you so many times my formular of salvation, and being saved, so I don´t know how you think i believe faith only.
Either you don`t pay attention, or you just claim everybody who don`t agree with your doctrine, is a faith only person.

What a shame to the gospel of our Lord .

God Bless

Kevin

David,

Many of these postings miss the point. No one is good enough to be
saved, no one is worthy, and there is nothing we can do to be saved.
Nothing. Not obey certain laws, not be Baptized, not anything.

Nothing we can do, eh? So we don't have to believe, repent, or anything else? God does all that?

AFTER we accept God's UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, then we are free
to express our gratitude in some of the ways that have been
expressed here, baptism, joyful obedience, etc.

You just contradicted yourself. By say that WE accept Gods, we are saved, that right there shows something that WE must do - accepts His love.

I guess the only thing you could come back with is that we don't have a choice in accepting God's love, which sounds very Calvinistic and unlogical.

Before salvation we do the Godly things, worship, pray, fast,
become Baptized, etc. etc. out of a sense of duty. After salvation
we do those things out of gratitude.

Disagree. Show me in the Bible where baptism is defined as something we do out of gratitude.

The Holy Spirit is waiting right now for us to just accept God's
perfect and profound and unconditional Love for us. To accept this
love is to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

There again, you mention something that WE must do - accept. Which is it, do we or do we not have any role in our salvation?

Kevin

c.moore,

Nope!
My views are the same Spiritual baptism.
Somethings some pastor preach or say I don´t agree either like some agree with tithing, and alot do.

Oh, ok. You were making that article to sound like the 100% version of the truth, so I was wondering if your view on Acts 2:38 changed since your borrowed argument accepts Acts 2:38 as being water baptism.

HopeofGlory also recognizes that Acts 2:38 is referrring to water baptism, who you say gives "good teaching", yet strangely enough, I've never seen you throw a dispensational argument at me.

The problem we have Kevin is your salvation message is included to be saved a water baptism, and good works of obedience.

Well, the only way we are going to make it into heaven is if we have died with Christ (2 Tim 2:11), and if we abide in Christ, which we do IF we keep Christ's commandments (John 15:10, 1 John 2:3-4). Pure and simple... if we don't obey the commandments of Christ, we don't know Christ as it clearly states in 1 John 2:3-4. You just can't accept what is plainly written.

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This is the same argument Freak is using. I responded and he responded back, whithout addressing key arguments that I made. Your welcome to take a shot at it.

Faith and the belief you are forgiven goes together for repentance , that `s very simple.
repentance with the heart is the key not repentance with water.

Nope, Romans 6:6-7 makes it clear that baptism's purpose is for the remission of sins. And according to your arguments in the past, Romans 6 is referring to water baptism, because you use Romans 6 to TRY and show how water baptism is merely a symbolic act that shows that you are saved.

Ro:10:8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Ro:10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro:10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

This has been dealt with time and time again. There is more than meets the eye here. How was Paul himself converted? By being baptized, calling on the name of the Lord. And it wouldn't make sense for Paul to speak so much on baptism's necessity in Romans 6 if the way that you are interpretating Romans 10:9-10. Also, NOTHING is mentioned in those verses about repentance, which you admit is necessary. What went wrong? And why is it that there is not ONE, not ONE example of people *only* believing and confessing for salvation in the Bible? There's not one example in the Bible showing that.

I have mention so many times and showed you that being saved with believing with faith, repentntance, and the washing of the blood of Jesus , trusting in Him saves us.

I have not said "Just faith" saves and go on living a sinful life as before.

But without repentance, a person would continue to live a life of sin. I've shown how faith and repentance are two different things. One can choose to believe that Christ is the Son of God, but that doesn't mean the person is willing to repent of their beloved worldy ways. The fact that they are two different things shows right there that "faith ONLY" doesn't save. And do you now realize that repentance is somehting that we have to do - a WORK? Even us believing in Christ was called a work by Christ Himself (John 6:28-29), because it's something that WE must do for salvation.

Freak

We find ourselves righteous through His obedience, provided that we know Him and abide in His love.

So, in Him we find righteousness apart from works, correct? Just wanted to clear up any confusion that might remain....:crackup:

Kevin

Freak,

Quit dodging and recognize that we WON'T abide in His love if we don't keep His commandments (John 15:10), and nor do we even know Christ if we don't keep them (1John 2:3). You keep running from these verses. If you're not willing to confront them, then what's the point of "debating" you? It's hardly a debate when one completely ignores scripture and points....

To sum up, your not in Him if you don't keep His commandments.

Last edited:

HopeofGlory

Hope,

I'll admit that most of the Jews rejected the Messiah, but certainly not all of them.

There is more to the gospel than just believing Jesus is the Messiah. Many of His disciples turned back and refused the new testament in His blood for remission because under the Mosaic law all that drank blood would be cut off.

Paul started out preaching to the Jews (now why would he do that if he had a different gospel... the 12 others already had a gospel for the Jews), but when they rejected Paul, he took his message to the Gentiles (Acts 13:46). Was Paul's message to the Jews the same as the other 12's to the Jews, or did Paul have a different Jewish gospel than that of the 12?

Stephen was the the first to speak against Moses and was stoned then Christ chose Paul to fulfil the gospel (Col 1:25) and it is a biblical fact that it was to the Jew first. Paul did not preach another gospel but it was different from the other apostles in the sense that it was with out the law and customs of Moses and this different doctrine was rejected by all Jews. Paul then turns to the Gentiles who where without the law and customs of Moses and they freely accepted Paul's different gospel.

Concerning Stephen:

For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us. Acts 6:14
And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel. Acts 6:15

Paul taught:

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: Acts 13:38
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. Acts 13:39
Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; Acts 13:40
Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you. Acts 13:41
And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. Acts 13:42

Apostles concerning Gentiles (Cornelius) and Mosaic law:

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. Acts 15:20
For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Acts 15:21

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; Acts 15:28
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. Acts 15:29

The apostles remained jealous of the Mosaic law and opposed Paul's doctrine which did not include it.

Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. Acts 21:18
And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. Acts 21:19
And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: Acts 21:20
And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. Acts 21:21

Paul taught that we are no longer under the law yet he was charged by the apostles to keep it.

Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. Acts 21:24

The apostles continued to hold Gentiles accountable to certain laws.

As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. Acts 21:25

Water baptism has it place within the Mosaic law and Paul not once taught a baptism of repentance for remission of sins.

The difference in Pauls doctrine and that of the other apostles can not be denied.

Likewise, when Peter spoke to Cornelious in Acts 10, did Peter use the same gospel that he spoke to the Jews in Acts 2... or did Peter have a special gospel for the Cornelious household?

Kevin, I am not a dispensationalist as you understand it. Don't debate with me on your preconceived ideas of what you think I believe but respond to what I write. I have never said that there were different gosepls for Jew and Gentile. Paul was chosen by Christ to fulfil the gospel and what follows is a progression of acceptance by the apostles. Peter is a prime example of man's progressive understanding of the gospel (truth) after it is revealed. Peter was instructed to go to all the world yet when God told him to go to Cornelius he had this to say...

Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean. Acts 10:28

Did Peter understand the so called Great Commission and still as late as Acts 10 have to be shown that God would accept Gentiles who were without the law.

So he was the first. That proves nothing in the sense that Paul had a new gospel.

It is NOT a new gospel! You are witnessing man's progressive understanding of the gospel that Christ delivered.

Emphasis on the word "my", right? All that means to me is that it is referring to the gospel that Christ instructed him to preach. I see no evidence that it is different from the gospel of the 12. Not one did Paul say that his gospel was different from the 12. Not once.
See above. Paul's gospel was different than that of the apostles.

Peter to Cornelius:

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. Acts 10:35

Paul's different gospel:

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

Peter certainly figured it out that the gospel that he preached (his gospel) was for both Jew and Gentile alike:

Acts 15: 7-11 (MKJV)
7) And after much disputing, Peter rose up and said to them, Men, brothers, you recognize that from ancient days God chose among us that through my mouth the nations should hear the Word of the gospel, and believe.
8) And God, who knows the hearts, bore them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit even as to us.
9) And He put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10) Now therefore why do you tempt God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples, a yoke which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11) But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, according to which manner they also believed.

Look at verse 9 again... there's PETER recognizes that there is no difference between them and the Gentiles, and that the purifcation of hearts came through faith, just as Paul preached.

It had always been by the grace of God but not through faith without the law and the customs it contained. Acts 2:38 is not the new testament of Christ for remission (Matt 26:28). Repent and be baptized is the same gospel that the Baptisn taught.

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. Mark 1:4

Your doctrine of re-baptism is not biblical.

Yes, no amout of righteous work could have earned Christ coming down and providing salvation. God brought salvation to the world by, out of His grace, sending His Son to die for us. That's what makes it free. But obviously salvation is conditional, otherwise everybody will make it to heaven because Christ died on the cross.

Yes Kevin, the gospel is Christ died for our sins therefore we do not need water baptism for the remission of sins. Everybody will not be saved because of Christ's sacrifice for sins but all that have faith that His sacrifice alone grants salvation will be with Him forever. Christ died beacuse of the failure of men to work righteousness.

The verse makes it clear that we are saved by the washing of regeneration, and by the renewing of the Holy Spirit. If you look up the Greek for washing and regeneration, it's speaking of baptism. And it's NOT referring to Spirit baptism because Pauls speaks of the Holy Spirit renewing us AFTER the washing of regeneration.

Water does not regenerate. The verse said not by works of righteousness, are you saying that water baptism is not a righteous work? Then is it a unrighteous work? If not either then what is it?

Your doctrine of re-baptism is not biblical and you can not prove it with God's word.