AIDS is a gay disease just as cancer is a smoker's disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by Nineveh
Hey look, I ain't stickin up for adultery or druggies either. But to ignore homosexual acts that spread AIDS quickly is not being very loving to homosexuals. Bathhouses in San Fransisco were closed because of this very reason. Unsafe behavior has consequences.

My reason for pointing it out is that we need show the same love for all and by labeling it as just a disease of Homossexuals you discount the other victims. Don't get me wrong I believe they all need to be warned and in a loving sinceer manner and that the innocent victims should be as free from ridicule as any innocent is entitled to be.

wiseman

They may be the largest group in this population, but they comprise less than 1/2 the total HIV population; that hardly qualifies them as the defining feature of the disease (i.e. that AIDS is a homosexual disease). This is in contrast to the other statement that lung cancer is a smoker's disease. Greater than 90% of those people with lung cancer are smokers.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Mustard Seed
My reason for pointing it out is that we need show the same love for all and by labeling it as just a disease of Homossexuals you discount the other victims. Don't get me wrong I believe they all need to be warned and in a loving sinceer manner and that the innocent victims should be as free from ridicule as any innocent is entitled to be.

I hope your way is effective :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by wiseman
They may be the largest group in this population, but they comprise less than 1/2 the total HIV population; that hardly qualifies them as the defining feature of the disease (i.e. that AIDS is a homosexual disease). This is in contrast to the other statement that lung cancer is a smoker's disease. Greater than 90% of those people with lung cancer are smokers.

They get it almost twice as much. My only point to you was they are still the highest at risk group in our country. Just as smokers are the highest at risk for lung cancer.

Free-Agent Smith

They get it almost twice as much. My only point to you was they are still the highest at risk group in our country. Just as smokers are the highest at risk for lung cancer.

:thumb: :Nineveh:

wiseman

They get it with equal frequency to the other groups. This hardly makes it a defining feature -- unlike smoking and lung cancer!

If I have 10 birds: 4 are blue, 2 are red, 2 yellow and 2 white, then it is true that there are twice as many blue birds as any other color. But it would be incorrect and deceptive to say that these birds are generally blue (because there are more nonblue birds than blue).

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK...
Nineveh

Look carefully at the stats presented by the CDC
in 2002 here's the breakdown of new HIV infections in America:

11,701 male to male sexual contact

2757 males injection drug use
3234 males heterosexual contact
164 males other (hemophilia, transfusion, perinatal)
1418 females injection drug use
5949 females sexual contact
136 females (other)

This yields a total of 13,658 cases of non male to male sexual contact. In other words less than 1/2 the cases are among homosexual men.
wiseman, do homosexual males make up anywhere near 46% of the American population?

wiseman

Originally posted by Turbo
OK...
wiseman, do homosexual males make up anywhere near 46% of the American population?

Of course not, but neither do the drug addicts make up the same proportion of the general population that they represent in the in the AIDS population...

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And a disportionate number of homosexuals are also drug addicts. If someone diagnosed with HIV/AIDS reports that they are a homosexual and a heroin user, what do you suppose will be recorded as the cause of infection?

Comparing apples to apples, would you agree that many more men are engaged in heterosexual contact (fornication) than homosexual contact? These numbers are not proportionate. The risk to the homosexual is clearly far greater.

wiseman

Originally posted by Turbo
And a disportionate number of homosexuals are also drug addicts. If someone diagnosed with HIV/AIDS reports that they are a homosexual and a heroin user, what do you suppose will be recorded as the cause of infection?

Comparing apples to apples, would you agree that many more men are engaged in heterosexual contact (fornication) than homosexual contact? These numbers are not proportionate. The risk to the homosexual is clearly far greater.

Actually if you look at the CDC statistics they break it down further to homosexuals who use IV drugs. There were 943 new HIV diagnoses where the patient was both a drug user and homosexual. They are not mixed into the numbers I presented, they are a separate group.

As for your question about apples and fornication I concur. But why is it that situation is reversed in Africa (which is by far more afflicted with AIDS than the US)? and why do we then continue say this a homosexual disease?

Mustard Seed

I hope your way is effective :)

We have, I believe, the same solution.

Fidelity to the Laws of God regarding Chastity. Sadly the world mocks this as not being possible, infering that we are not in control of ourselves and that we can be expected to act the same as wild animals. We can only do our best to keep the law and pray for and help others to acknowledge and keep it.

beanieboy

While active homosexuals are probably at a higher risk than heterosexuals, straight people still contract it. AIDS doesn't care what your sexual orientation is.

But if you if two uninfected people are monogamous, gay or not, you can't contract it.
So, perhaps we should encourage gay marriage?
Or encourage lesbian relationships, since they have a lower rate than even heterosexual ones?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by beanieboy
While active homosexuals are probably at a higher risk than heterosexuals, straight people still contract it. AIDS doesn't care what your sexual orientation is.

But if you if two uninfected people are monogamous, gay or not, you can't contract it.
So, perhaps we should encourage gay marriage?
Or encourage lesbian relationships, since they have a lower rate than even heterosexual ones?
Fag.

Tye Porter

Nineveh

Look carefully at the stats presented by the CDC
in 2002 here's the breakdown of new HIV infections in America:

11,701 male to male sexual contact

2757 males injection drug use
3234 males heterosexual contact
164 males other (hemophilia, transfusion, perinatal)
1418 females injection drug use
5949 females sexual contact
136 females (other)

This yields a total of 13,658 cases of non male to male sexual contact. In other words less than 1/2 the cases are among homosexual men.
Hey, Wiseman:
Let's you and me look at this another way.

A homosexual man (nobody knows he's homosexual at work) feels like crap one day, but goes into work anyway.
He's got an early am meeting with the shareholders.
Background:
The guy was at a homosexual bar last night, kissing face with his homosexual boyfriend.
That homosexual boyfriend just happened to have a horrible case of the flu, but was hitting the Nyquil harder than he was hitting...
Anywho, back to the story.
So this guy goes into work and into the office.
A couple of well place sneezes during the meeting and everybody goes home with the flu.
Normal husbands and wives go back to their families and spread the flu to them, who go to school and work and spread it to their normal friends.
The point of the story:
Patient Zero was the homosexual man in the homosexual bar kissing his homosexual boyfriend.
However it got to the normal folks, it was a homosexual who started it.

Let's go back to AIDS:
Some lonely homosexual scientists who hates God and is in the heart of Afrikka studying his "ancestors" decides he's attraced to a monkey which has the Simian version of AIDS, which was passed onto them by the Lions who have the Feline version, etc, etc, etc.

Today, plenty of normal people are innocently infected with AIDS, thanks to a homosexual.

AIDS is a homosexual disease.

Pierre

As for your question about apples and fornication I concur. But why is it that situation is reversed in Africa (which is by far more afflicted with AIDS than the US)? and why do we then continue say this a homosexual disease?

I was rather hoping you'd of come to the conclusion by now, but since you haven't, let yourself ponder this. If the men are spreading it through hetrosexual contact in Africa to all the women and babies, then how are the men getting it? The babies who get it rarely reach a maturity age to have their own children. Women have a very difficult time giving it to men as compared to men giving it to other men or women.

Surely, even someone as yourself can clearly see that these men are spreading it amongst themselves. There simply isn't any other way to get aids except for them being part time homos. Now, whether you want to rely on statistics to mention that or not is your own naive choice. You can't rely on the UN to give you facts without wondering what else they didn't tell you or they didn't bother to ask. Fornicators aren't known for being truthful people, so of course the guys will pretend not to know where they get it from. Aids is primarily a homo disease. That's Bob's quote in the past he's used many times. And reality proves he's correct.

wiseman

Originally posted by Pierre
I was rather hoping you'd of come to the conclusion by now, but since you haven't, let yourself ponder this. If the men are spreading it through hetrosexual contact in Africa to all the women and babies, then how are the men getting it? The babies who get it rarely reach a maturity age to have their own children. Women have a very difficult time giving it to men as compared to men giving it to other men or women.

Surely, even someone as yourself can clearly see that these men are spreading it amongst themselves. There simply isn't any other way to get aids except for them being part time homos. Now, whether you want to rely on statistics to mention that or not is your own naive choice. You can't rely on the UN to give you facts without wondering what else they didn't tell you or they didn't bother to ask. Fornicators aren't known for being truthful people, so of course the guys will pretend not to know where they get it from. Aids is primarily a homo disease. That's Bob's quote in the past he's used many times. And reality proves he's correct.

The men in Africa are getting AIDS primarily from female sex trade workers.

Please outline the specific problems you have the W.H.O. statisitics.

The bulk of the second half of your first paragraph indicates you do not understand how to use epidemiology to identify the features of the disease.
Bob Enyart, to my knowledge, is not an epidemiologist so he should probably try to refrain from describing diseases. Further to my knowledge, he is not involved in the diagnosis or treatment of infectious diseases. How a lay person chooses to think about disease is fine with me. However when they begin to make proclamations about the nature of a disease that are incorrect or maybe harmful then they should be accountable for their words.

AIDS is a syndrome characterized severe immune deficiency. It is caused by a virus. This virus can be transmitted through intimate contact with body fluids, including blood, saliva and semen. Many human behaviours carry significant risk of acquisition (including occupational behaviours-- I'm a surgeon) because of the resultant bodily fluid exposure. Certainly homosexual behaviour is a risky behaviour, but worldwide epidemiology suggests that calling AIDS a homosexual disease is naive. ( I have already posted the statistics)

Tye Porter

• The men in Africa are getting AIDS primarily from female sex trade workers.
  • This virus can be transmitted through intimate contact with body fluids, including blood, saliva and semen.
  • Many human behaviours carry significant risk
  • Certainly homosexual behaviour is a risky behaviour
Thank you, Wiseman.
Great comments.
AIDS is primarily a whore and homosexual "virus".

Status
Not open for further replies.