Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

What does "Pickle?" mean?
pickle

\Pic"kle\, n. [Cf. D. pekel. Probably a dim. fr. Pick, v. t., alluding to the cleaning of the fish.] 1. (a) A solution of salt and water, in which fish, meat, etc., may be preserved or corned; brine. (b) Vinegar, plain or spiced, used for preserving vegetables, fish, eggs, oysters, etc.

2. Any article of food which has been preserved in brine or in vinegar.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

pickle

Picke \Pi"cke\, n. [Prob. fr. pightel or pingle.] A small piece of land inclosed with a hedge; a close. [Obs.] [Written also pickle.]

pickle

\Pic"kle\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pickled; p. pr. & vb. n. Pickling.] 1. To preserve or season in pickle; to treat with some kind of pickle; as, to pickle herrings or cucumbers.

2. To give an antique appearance to; -- said of copies or imitations of paintings by the old masters.

pickle

n 1: vegetables (especially cucumbers) preserved in brine or vinegar 2: informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage" [syn: fix, hole, jam, mess, muddle, kettle of fish] v : preserve in a pickling liquid; as of vegetables

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight, where's crow? :confused:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight. About the user control. I am able to get to the user control by clicking on [profile] (which is on the top of every page), and I can see the URL for the user control, but when I push the "go" button and go straight to the user control from the drop-down-list-box (on the control panel page itself... where else is that drop-down-list-box?), I get the error:
The requested URL /forumdisplay.php was not found on this server.

I'm figuring that is one of the directories that changed. You might want to check how that drop-down-list-box is set up.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, and a question.

Since belief in God is more logical than atheism, why is the logical approach to evangalism so much less effective than the emotional approach?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Knight is a genuine believer.

Is it theoretically (though unlikely) possible for you to become apostate and reject God in the future before you die and remain in that state?

If not, why not in light of genuine free will? Does God then coerce believer's wills after they are saved, but not before?

If you cannot possibly fall away, then God has exhaustive foreknowledge of free moral choices (contrary to a tenet of Open Theism).

Is salvation a love relationship that must be freely entered into and maintained (realm of morals), or is it primarily an irreversible physical change (literal regeneration) in our constitution (realm of things, substance= meataphysics)?

Is OSAS really compatible with Open Theism, or is it more a sequelae of predestination (Calvinism) or exhaustive foreknowledge (Arminianism, kind of...)?

Christine

Originally posted by Knight

Then the answer is "no". God sovereignly chose to create man in a way where man could make his own eternal choice without God's coercion.

God knows everything He chooses to know which is knowable.
Thanks Knight. :) I think I understand. Could you give me a couple of Bible verses to support this?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Yorzhik

Knight. About the user control. I am able to get to the user control by clicking on [profile] (which is on the top of every page), and I can see the URL for the user control, but when I push the "go" button and go straight to the user control from the drop-down-list-box (on the control panel page itself... where else is that drop-down-list-box?), I get the error:

I'm figuring that is one of the directories that changed. You might want to check how that drop-down-list-box is set up.
Yea... your right... I will look into that.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by godrulz

Knight is a genuine believer.

Is it theoretically (though unlikely) possible for you to become apostate and reject God in the future before you die and remain in that state?
Yes that is possible.

Yet God has given the Body an irrevocable gift which separates the dispensation of the uncircumcision from the works plus faith based dispensation of the circumcision.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

You continue...
Is OSAS really compatible with Open Theism, or is it more a sequelae of predestination (Calvinism) or exhaustive foreknowledge (Arminianism, kind of...)?
As I have explained above you were misunderstanding the open view position as far as OSAS is concerned.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Christine

Thanks Knight. :) I think I understand. Could you give me a couple of Bible verses to support this?
A couple? How about the entire message of the Bible?

Isn't the purpose of God's word to let man know that God is real and man should choose Him? If that isn't the purpose of the Bible I would like to know what is.

2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

And what instruction does God repeatedly tell man?

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

Basically God desires that man choose Him.

Joshua 24:15 “And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

Yes that is possible.

Yet God has given the Body an irrevocable gift which separates the dispensation of the uncircumcision from the works plus faith based dispensation of the circumcision.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

You continue... As I have explained above you were misunderstanding the open view position as far as OSAS is concerned.

I thought you were in the new dispensation of the uncircumcision, so for you, by your logic, it should be impossible (a NO answer) to turn your back. Free will, coercion, salvation principles are fundamental and not arbitrary.

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Knight you remember that game(blood bath)between Red Wings and Colorado Avalanche?They were selling tapes in Hockey Town!Osgood and Roy that was awsome you must admit!

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,
I am a Christian who threw an aluminum can away in a "not recycled" trash bin.

Am I going to Hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.