Is Name calling and mocking ever warranted from a Christian?

Is Name calling and mocking ever warranted from a Christian?

• Never under any circumstances

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Always when talking to any unsaved person

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • It depends on the circumstance

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do situations ever arise where we as Christians should mock or call people names? Please give your reasoning and scriptures for your answer.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

:zakath: is reason enough isn't he?
:chuckle: I think one that doesn't believe that stuff like murder and rape is absolutely wrong should at least be deserving of being called a fool.

I realize this poll may be a little obvious to some. :D

Sozo

I've never had occasion to do something like this, let me think about it, and I'll get back with you.

:think:

beanieboy

Elijah not only mocked nonbelievers but he then slaughtered them.

But actually, Jesus did call others names, but usually it was someone who thought themselves holy and better than others, like the Pharissees. I can't really find many instances where Jesus was winning over the masses by yelling, "whore!"

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sozo

I've never had occasion to do something like this, let me think about it, and I'll get back with you.

:shocked: :darwinsm:

Free-Agent Smith

Originally posted by beanieboy

Elijah not only mocked nonbelievers but he then slaughtered them.

But actually, Jesus did call others names, but usually it was someone who thought themselves holy and better than others, like the Pharissees. I can't really find many instances where Jesus was winning over the masses by yelling, "whore!"
Maybe He should have yelled "Fags, repent!"

Free-Agent Smith

Let's see, I mock homos with the preferable term fag.

I never really thought about using Scripture to back myself up when I use the word fag. I just figured the homo lifestyle is offensive so why not use an offensive name for it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Agent Smith

Let's see, I mock homos with the preferable term fag.

I never really thought about using Scripture to back myself up when I use the word fag. I just figured the homo lifestyle is offensive so why not use an offensive name for it.
Just so you know.... the term "fag" isn't offensive to homo's. In fact they use it themselves! :shocked:

The term "homo" seems to be much more offensive to them therefore that is the term I use for them. :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sozo

:chuckle:

Originally posted by BillyBob
That smilie matches your avatar.
:crackup:

You guys are killing me!

:think: -> :sozo3: ?

Sozo

The term "homo" seems to be much more offensive to them therefore that is the term I use for them. :D

I like to call them "beanieboy" or "Gerald" :flamer:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I prefer fag or homo. Although I occasionally use "don'tcomenearmeyounastypieceofgarbage".

Free-Agent Smith

Just so you know.... the term "fag" isn't offensive to homo's. In fact they use it themselves! :shocked:

I do understand that the term "fag" had another meaning in another era or country.

I know some fags think it quite humorous to be called a fag but some think of it like its a racial slur of some kind. Are there any degrading terms for heterosexuals? Well I can think of many more but will refrain since some I don't want to be banned:)

I was once confronted by a "fag with attitude", "I'm gay do you have a problem dealing with that?" My reply(censored of course), "No, I'm heterosexual do have a problem with me putting a size 10 steel toe boot ************* all the way around the block if you touch me?"

wholearmor

Poly;
Do situations ever arise where we as Christians should mock or call people names?

WA;
I wouldn't call this mocking or name-calling but I told my son a few days ago that he's abandoned his son for all intense and purposes (even though he pays child support regularly). My son went into a rage, called me everything but a Christian, and left.

Poly;
Please give your reasoning...

WA;
My reasoning was my son doesn't spend time with his son. He works and hangs out with his friends and parties.

Poly;
...and scriptures for your answer.

WA;
Ephesians 6:4; Colossians 3:21; Mark 8:33; Luke 9:54-56; Luke 17:3; 1 Corinthians 5:1-2; 1 Timothy 5:20; 2 Timothy 4:2.

Sozo

WA... it breaks my heart that your relationship with your son has come to this, but I do believe that you did the right thing, as hard as it may have been.

I will be praying for your son.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, this must have been hard for you WA. I admire that you had the courage to tell him what you felt was right. I will pray that his eyes will be opened to what he is doing. Thanks for posting this!

Btw, POTD.