Minerva's Official Wedding Thread!

Minerva

Should I wear white? I want to...white looks good on me, but some would say I shouldn't.
Where did that come from anyway? It's an outside wedding. I don't know why that part matters.... :noid:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Should I wear white? I want to...white looks good on me, but some would say I shouldn't.
Where did that come from anyway? It's an outside wedding. I don't know why that part matters.... :noid:
White is good :thumb:

C

cattyfan

Wear white if you want to. The color of the dress is not what's important. :)

Minerva

Just wanted her to know exactly what she is getting herself in for :up: :D

I already knew what that date was when I chose it actually, not that it was why I chose it...but I knew.

Also on that date:
1732 The Royal Opera House opens at Covent Garden, London.
1787 Delaware becomes first state to ratify constitution
1842 New York Philharmonic's first concert
1973 Wings release "Band on the Run"
1982 In Texas, Charles Brooks, Jr. becomes the first person to be executed by lethal injection in the US.
1989 In their third and final fight, Sugar Ray Leonard retains the WBC Super Middleweight Championship of the World, defeating Roberto Duran.
1995 Bill Gates announced that Microsoft would shift its entire business focus to the Internet.

GuySmiley

I already knew what that date was when I chose it actually, not that it was why I chose it...but I knew.

1995 Bill Gates announced that Microsoft would shift its entire business focus to the Internet.
Of course you chose it because of Microsoft's announcement right?

Minerva

Of course you chose it because of Microsoft's announcement right?

Actually I did think it was rather amusing considering where the funding for my wedding is coming from.

(and because I frequently take pleasure in getting over on Bill Gates because he's a nasty :Commie: :noid: :devil: )

I'm a computer nerd :eek:

Minerva

I am supposed to go shopping for a dress tomorrow. Now, the weather channel only does a 10 day forecast so I can't know until the 28th what the weather will be like on the 7th. I have to shop tomorrow because that is the only time I can go to Pensacola before the 7th. (jared works too much, plus I can't afford gas to there so my mom is paying for gas and that is when she planned to go) ANYWAY the QUESTION is.....

Any advice on dresses, it will more than likely be somewhere between 60 and 70 degrees.(it could be like 55 though :idunno: ) I have always wanted a strapless wedding dress but I don't want to freeze! Maybe I should just go for what I want and deal with the cold...the ceremony can't last that long right? I don't know, someone tell me something.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did I hear this was going to be an outside ceremony?

I say buy what looks good and hope for the best. You could always don a jacket for a short time if things get out of hand.

Or potentially what looks good could mean something warm :D

Minerva

I say buy what looks good and hope for the best. You could always don a jacket for a short time if things get out of hand.

I simply cannot envision myself in a long sleeve dress. That would be weird. Ok for others, weird for me.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber

Or a white sweater

uk_mikey

I am supposed to go shopping for a dress tomorrow. Now, the weather channel only does a 10 day forecast so I can't know until the 28th what the weather will be like on the 7th. I have to shop tomorrow because that is the only time I can go to Pensacola before the 7th. (jared works too much, plus I can't afford gas to there so my mom is paying for gas and that is when she planned to go) ANYWAY the QUESTION is.....

Any advice on dresses, it will more than likely be somewhere between 60 and 70 degrees.(it could be like 55 though :idunno: ) I have always wanted a strapless wedding dress but I don't want to freeze! Maybe I should just go for what I want and deal with the cold...the ceremony can't last that long right? I don't know, someone tell me something.

A longish shawl which would cover your shoulders and arms, which you could just pull around you or take off?

Here are a few ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Racinet-regency-empire-shawls-1888.jpg

http://www.fashionscarvesandshawls.com/pashminashawl.html

http://www.theskinsecret.com/product.php?productid=16332&cat=254&page=1

http://www.thepashminastore.com/

http://www.shawlministry.com/

Minerva

Yes...that's what I needed I think! :cool:

Thanks, I need all the help I can get!:chuckle:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

By the look of those Army boots, I would have thought you were tough enough to handle a bit of cold. Buck up soldier!