TOL's Sinless Members

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Your comment, without details, is reminiscent of, 'Nany nany boo boo, i can't hear you!'

I know. But the New Covenant is the 8th and last covenant in scripture. People who adhere to the Two Covenant theology often also believe that the golden rule is the law of Christ and only the golden rule is the law of Christ when in truth the law of Christ is much much more. For example Peter says that the believing husbands prayers will be unanswered if he does not love his wife:

You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered. (1 Peter 3:7 NASB)

This is a friggin command!

So which law would this command to love the wife or your prayer gets ignored fall under?

It sure as sure is not found in Torah. Then is it the law of Peter? No. It is part of the law of Christ which is our rule of life today.

The New Covenant

"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the Lord. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the Lord, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the Lord, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." (Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB)

It was made with Israel and it is not called the covenant of grace.

staind.raindrop

I know. But the New Covenant is the 8th and last covenant in scripture. People who adhere to the Two Covenant theology often also believe that the golden rule is the law of Christ and only the golden rule is the law of Christ when in truth the law of Christ is much much more. For example Peter says that the believing husbands prayers will be unanswered if he does not love his wife:

You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered. (1 Peter 3:7 NASB)

This is a friggin command!

So which law would this command to love the wife or your prayer gets ignored fall under?

It sure as sure is not found in Torah. Then is it the law of Peter? No. It is part of the law of Christ which is our rule of life today.

The New Covenant

"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the Lord. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the Lord, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the Lord, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." (Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB)

It was made with Israel and it is not called the covenant of grace.

It covers all of the commands and extends to everyone, not just Israel, like the law of Christ. It is the same thing.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the Christians "Spiritual essence," they do not sin! Why? Because they
are in Christ and Christ is in them! They are "positioned" into the body of
Christ! We have Christ's righteousness imparted to us because of our
position! However, while in the flesh (our bodies) we are susceptible to
sin! We can "choose" to sin, and do on occasion! We must keep in mind
however, that God can discipline His own! And, the bad
choices we make, may bring about His discipline!

I'd love to hear that speech when you're pulled over by a police officer for a traffic violation Grossie:

"But but but, God can discipline his own officer!"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have not one sin. And I haven't had a sin since I was born again.
This is because I believe in the Lords work.
Why do you have no sin though?

I believe Jesus took away the worlds sin at his water baptism, crucified all sin at his crucifixion and was resurrected. Jesus blotted out the worlds sin through his work

John 3:5
1 John 2:2
1 John 5:6, v8.

So you are another one of those who believer you cannot sin because of Jesus.

You need to know Jesus was not sent to give you license to sin.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to know Jesus was not sent to give you license to sin.
And yet you claim you still sin with Jesus.

How come you have a licence to sin while claiming to be follower of Jesus, but others don't?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not one sin. And I haven't had a sin since I was born again.
This is because I believe in the Lords work.
Why do you have no sin though?

I believe Jesus took away the worlds sin at his water baptism, crucified all sin at his crucifixion and was resurrected. Jesus blotted out the worlds sin through his work

John 3:5
1 John 2:2
1 John 5:6, v8.

I am guessing you are going to hell because nobody is born again (resurrected yet), and you have no mention of Paul's gospel, that he died for sin and was raised for your justification.

John 3:8, if you want to bring up Israel (John 3). Are you dead to sin, sealed by the Holy Spirit? Aka OSAS.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
Meshak should be first on the list!

I am so flattered that you think I am sinless.

But unfortunately, I am a sinner. In fact,

I don't even claim to be saved unlike most of churchgoers.

blessings.

Aimiel

Not me. I know that if anyone were to actually SEE the true condition of their soul they would repent in sackcloth and ashes. I'm a sinner, sure enough. No one (except Jesus) has resisted unto death against sin.