Happy Birthday Mr. President

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
lincolnSUM_1811021c.jpg

I'm sorry that our country isn't respectful enough of your great achievements that we didn't give you your own holiday.

TruthSetsFree

Lincoln is probably in a better place

he doesn't need a holiday of his own

what he undoutedly REALLY wants is

for us to become America again

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Happy birthday Mr. President:

1pres.jpg

I'm sorry that our country isn't respectful enough of your great achievements that we couldn't give you your own holiday.

Last edited:

Christian Liberty

Was Lincoln our last good president in the USA?

Absolutely not. Abraham Lincoln was one of the most wicked men in American history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zy9D-0IkQM

And I'm getting freaking sick of all of the "Saint Abe is with the Lord" CRAP. Yes, I hope he got saved and is living in heaven. For that matter, I hope that for Adolf Hitler too. I don't WANT anyone to go to Hell. But all this nonsense about Abe somehow being "Christian" because of his "good works" (which aren't even real, the man was a mass murdering kidnapper and tyrant) are just absurd. Abe quoted the Bible as a manipulation technique, but he didn't actually believe it.

Christian Liberty

Was Lincoln our last good president in the USA?

As a voluntarist, asking who the best President is is kind of like asking me which mafia boss is the least bad. With that said, Martin Van Buren, John Tyler, Grover Cleveland, and Calvin Coolidge (This is not an exhaustive list) are all good examples of Presidents who were comparatively decent and mostly left the economy alone and didn't go looking for fights. Lincoln's Presidency is characterized by mass murder through war, kidnap and indefinite detention of critics of the government, creation of a central bank, creating the income tax, slavery (conscription) and the like. Why any "conservative" or otherwise small government supporter would ever admire him is inexplicable.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Absolutely not. Abraham Lincoln was one of the most wicked men in American history:

And I'm getting freaking sick of all of the "Saint Abe is with the Lord" CRAP. Yes, I hope he got saved and is living in heaven. For that matter, I hope that for Adolf Hitler too. I don't WANT anyone to go to Hell. But all this nonsense about Abe somehow being "Christian" because of his "good works" (which aren't even real, the man was a mass murdering kidnapper and tyrant) are just absurd. Abe quoted the Bible as a manipulation technique, but he didn't actually believe it.

Here Jr., let me make you feel at home: (forget about the "gone are the days" part at the beginning of the song, we know that those days aren't gone).

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No answer as usual......unfortunately your not slipping.

Make your case without a Lewie Rockwell article. You claim that "slavery was on the way out", how so?

Of course you and other Libertarians hate Lincoln because you believe he destroyed "States Rights". Since when does man have a "right" to own another human being?

Our Founding Fathers wrote that "All men are created equal" in one of our founding documents, do the respective states have a right to ignore our founding documents Doc?

drbrumley

Make your case without a Lewie Rockwell article. You claim that "slavery was on the way out", how so?

Britain ended slavery on their shores. Countless other nations as well. Less than 6% of southerners owned slaves, need I continue?

Of course you and other Libertarians hate Lincoln because you believe he destroyed "States Rights".

The created is not superior to the creator.

Since when does man have a "right" to own another human being?

I agree with you on this point. But maybe that's a question for George Washington.

Our Founding Fathers wrote that "All men are created equal" in one of our founding documents, do the respective states have a right to ignore our founding documents Doc?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Britain ended slavery on their shores. Countless other nations as well.

According to this article (and feel free to correct it if it's wrong), Great Britain never legalized slavery, and Lord Mansfield made it unenforceable through common law in 1772 (we might ask Art Brain and alwight if England have a lot of cotton fields that need tending to).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States

Less than 6% of southerners owned slaves, need I continue?

8% (but who counts?). As a Christian, wouldn't you say that's 8% too many?

Quote:
Of course you and other Libertarians hate Lincoln because you believe he destroyed "States Rights".

Yet our Creator doesn't give us the right to steal free human beings and make them our property.

Quote:
Since when does man have a "right" to own another human being?

I agree with you on this point. But maybe that's a question for George Washington.

Let's ask him:

Other prominent Founding Fathers who were members of societies for ending slavery included Richard Bassett, James Madison, James Monroe, Bushrod Washington, Charles Carroll, William Few, John Marshall, Richard Stockton, Zephaniah Swift, and many more.

In fact, based in part on the efforts of these Founders, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts abolished slavery in 1780; Connecticut and Rhode Island did so in 1784; New Hampshire in 1792; Vermont in 1793; New York in 1799; and New Jersey in 1804. Furthermore, the reason that the states of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa all prohibited slavery was a federal act authored by Rufus King (signer of the Constitution) and signed into law by President George Washington which prohibited slavery in those territories.

It is not surprising that Washington would sign such a law, for it was he who had declared:

“I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of it [slavery].”
—George Washington

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-wall/wal-g003.html

Quote:

I heard you the first time.