toldailytopic: Most experts predict the Democrats will suffer huge losses in the Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 20th, 2010 09:50 AM

toldailytopic: Most experts predict the Democrats will suffer huge losses in the Nov. Election. Why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
For the same reason the republicans lost to the democrats near the of Bush II terms - Its the economy stupid.

People have not seen things improve since the democrats came in. They have seen things get worse so the conclusion is change the leadership back to the republicans. If the republicans don't get it done and the economy continues to get worse I think we will see things swing back to the democrats in another 2 to 4 years.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's always the government's fault, isn't it?

Newman

It's always the government's fault, isn't it?

Yes. Sometimes I feel like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding who always tries to get people to give him <greek accent>"any word, any word and I show you how it come from the Greek."</greek accent> Except for me, it's <greek accent>"give me any problem, any problem and I show you how it come from the government."</greek accent>

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're tipping over!!!

Quick, everyone! Run to the other side of the ship!

Memento Mori

And republicans are very very good at slandering the democrats position. Remember the death panels which had no actual place in policy. It's like being on trial. As soon as someone makes the accusation, facts no longer matter. And democrats are terrible at attacking Repubs. They might be in a better position if they had renamed the current economic downturn something along the lines of the Bush Depression.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Personally, I think our government gets more done when we have opposite parties in the legislative and executive branches of the government. But, not everyone agrees with me on that.

PlastikBuddha

This is what happens when everything that happens in Washington is more about the next election instead of actually doing what needs to be done.
:sigh:

The Berean

Personally, I think our government gets more done when we have opposite parties in the legislative and executive branches of the government. But, not everyone agrees with me on that.

I think things would work better if all political parties were banned.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And republicans are very very good at slandering the democrats position. Remember the death panels which had no actual place in policy. It's like being on trial. As soon as someone makes the accusation, facts no longer matter. And democrats are terrible at attacking Repubs. They might be in a better position if they had renamed the current economic downturn something along the lines of the Bush Depression.

The death panned are coming if Obama-care is not repealed.

Alate_One

The democrats haven't figured out how to or that they need to actually explain their healthcare legislation or why the bailout was necessary or how the stimulus spending actually saved us from a depression.

People have very short fuses when it comes to the economy, they seem to forget that no matter what government does, it can't fix the economy within a two year span . . .

The craziness of the right, people like Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin repeating outright lies apparently with impunity.

However I don't think the picture is quite as bad as advertised due to the above not playing well with moderates.

Status
Not open for further replies.