TOL's Sinless Members

Spitfire

define sin
It depends on who you ask.

Some might say it means the conscious, willful decision to do something that is contrary to God's will.

Others will tell you it's some kind of weird bodily spasm that just happens and it may be embarrassing, but as long as it's not really you who's doing that (anymore) and it's just your physical self being stupid and random it's nothing to think much of.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
It depends on who you ask.

oh, i know - i've watched it play out here over the years in the same predictable patterns

:( i really miss sozo :sozo2:

it all depends on what you define sin as

is it a violation of the Law?

as born again Christians, we are no longer under the law

staind.raindrop

what is the "Law of Christ"?

I will put an annotation from my study Bible.

2 Jn. 5 note. Law (of Christ), Summary: The new law of Christ is the divine love, as wrought into the renewed heart by the Holy Spirit (Rom. 5:5; Heb. 10:16), which flows out in the energy of the Spirit, unforced and spontaneous, toward the objects of the divine love (2 Cor. 5:14-20; 1 Th. 2:7-8). It is , therefore, "the law of liberty" (Jas. 1:25; 2:12) in contrast with the exxternal law of Moses. Moses' law demands love (Lev. 19:18; Dt. 6:5; Lk. 10:27); Christ's law is love (Rom 5:5; 1 Jn. 4:7, 19-20), and so takes the place of the external law by fulfilling it (Rom. 13:10; Gal. 5:14). It is the "law written in the heart" under the New Covenant (see Heb. 8:8, note 1).​

john w

Hall of Fame

From the "alpha male" of the wolfpack:

"Saving faith is not divorced from loving obedience to the revealed moral law of God."-"god"rulz

"At any given moment, one is either a believer or an unbeliever. This does not preclude the possibility of moving from faith to unbelief...cf.one can be married, then divorced. This does not mean they were never married (your logic?!)."-autopilot "god"rulz

"It does not happen apart from our surrender and faith (universalism is not true). Rom. 4-5..."-autopilot "god"rulz

"Many people have heard the truth, but remain unconverted. They may even believe it, but won't give up their selfish lives.”-“god”rulz

514_230x230_NoPeel.jpg

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
what is the "Law of Christ"?

Hi Joe

The Law of Christ is the Believer's rule of life for today. It must be noted that a rule of life is not the same thing as a rule for salvation from sin.

Even King David who's rule of life was the Law of Moses taught that the Law of Moses was not the rule to be followed to obtain salvation but rather it was a rule to be lived out by saved people.

staind.raindrop

Hi Joe

The Law of Christ is the Believer's rule of life for today. It must be noted that a rule of life is not the same thing as a rule for salvation from sin.

Even King David who's rule of life was the Law of Moses taught that the Law of Moses was not the rule to be followed to obtain salvation but rather it was a rule to be lived out by saved people.

I believe it is another way of referring to the NC, which is to learn to cooperate with the Spirit in you and clean the clutter out of dark and closed off rooms in our minds.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
TOL's Sinless Members

I will put an annotation from my study Bible.

2 Jn. 5 note. Law (of Christ), Summary: The new law of Christ is the divine love, as wrought into the renewed heart by the Holy Spirit (Rom. 5:5; Heb. 10:16), which flows out in the energy of the Spirit, unforced and spontaneous, toward the objects of the divine love (2 Cor. 5:14-20; 1 Th. 2:7-8). It is , therefore, "the law of liberty" (Jas. 1:25; 2:12) in contrast with the exxternal law of Moses. Moses' law demands love (Lev. 19:18; Dt. 6:5; Lk. 10:27); Christ's law is love (Rom 5:5; 1 Jn. 4:7, 19-20), and so takes the place of the external law by fulfilling it (Rom. 13:10; Gal. 5:14). It is the "law written in the heart" under the New Covenant (see Heb. 8:8, note 1).​

The similarities vs the differences are:

1. Both were not a means of obtaining salvation from sin.

2. Both provide the means for restoration of fellowship to God for personal sins in the lives of the saints.

3. Both contain hundreds of commandments and the commandments are not optional - they must be obeyed.

4. Both are holy, perfect and righteous.

Differences

1. The Law of Moses was given to lead the saint to the knowledge of his need for redemption.

Vs

The law of Christ leads the saint forward with no need for animal sacrifice when that saint stumbles/sins (except glorydays).

2. The flesh or sin nature uses the Law of Moses to sin more, the result of trying to obtain personal holiness by the use of the 613 laws of Moses failed because of the pervasiveness of man's sin that reaches to the core of his very existence.

a. The failure of the ability for man to be sanctified under the Mosaic Law is seen in the lives of those like David, Saul, Solomon etc. these saved men were kept in a state of spiritual immaturity because of the program of the Law of Moses.

Vs

The Law of Christ is not affected by the sin nature but is accompanied by the permanent indwelling of the power of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the New Testament Saints. We reach a level of spiritual adulthood not attained by the OT saint - spiritual adulthood.

When David prayed "take not thy Holy Spirit from me" that was a valid Old Testament prayer for David but not for us. We have been Sealed with the Spirit.

Last edited:

staind.raindrop

The similarities vs the differences are:

1. Both were not a means of obtaining salvation from sin.

2. Both provide the means for restoration of fellowship to God for personal sins in the lives of the saints.

3. Both contain hundreds of commandments and the commandments are not optional - they must be obeyed.

4. Both are holy, perfect and righteous.

Differences

1. The Law of Moses was given to lead the saint to the knowledge of his need for redemption.

Vs

The law of Christ leads the saint forward with no need for animal sacrifice when that saint stumbles/sins (except glorydays).

2. The flesh or sin nature uses the Law of Moses to sin more, the result of trying to obtain personal holiness by the use of the 613 laws of Moses failed because of the pervasiveness of man's sin that reaches to the core of his very existence.

a. The failure of the ability for man to be sanctified under the Mosaic Law is seen in the lives of those like David, Saul, Solomon etc. these saved men were kept in a state of spiritual immaturity because of the program of the Law of Moses.

Vs

The Law of Christ is not affected by the sin nature but is accompanied by the permanent indwelling of the power of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the New Testament Saints. We reach a level of spiritual adulthood not attained by the OT saint - spiritual adulthood.

When David prayed "take not thy Holy Spirit from me" that was a valid Old Testament prayer for David but not for us. We have been Sealed with the Spirit.

If we have been sealed with the Spirit, we will display the fruits of the Spirit as proof. Gal. 5:22-23. We are to become aware of areas that need exposure to the Word by reading it, and continually work and prune toward yielding more spiritual fruits through His power.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If we have been sealed with the Spirit, we will display the fruits of the Spirit as proof. Gal. 5:22-23. We are to become aware of areas that need exposure to the Word by reading it, and continually work and prune toward yielding more spiritual fruits through His power.

I understand how many think that the fruit of the spirit is the fruit of the Holy Spirit but I do not believe the contrast Paul is showing is between the flesh and the Holy Spirit because there is no need for that.

I believe what Paul is saying is that our new born human spirit produces this fruit from within ourselves. The Gifts of the Spirit (big S) are not from within ourselves but the ability (child :) ) to love and be patient etc etc is within our realm of capability. Just like we can't blame satan for our flesh's actions, now that we are new creations in the Messiah we don't have to blame Him for the good that we do.

If I see a beggar and give him food it is not God who gave the food but I gave it. God provided the opportunity for the giving and because I have been given a new life in Christ my giving is merited to me, I have acted according to God's desires and because of my position in Christ my act was done God's way and not thru my flesh which is what is done when unbelievers do the very same giving, they give and it is good of them but it is not done God's way.

JosephR

The Law of Christ that I found states to carry your brethren burdens.

The New Covenant of Heb 8:8 is between the house of Israel and Judah and I know you guys dont want to be grafted into Israel and follow Gods commandments,, so I am confused.