Swine Sausage - Sin?

daqq

Did you know that the seven day Feast of Passover begins with a Sabbath?

Technically the feast of the Passover is one day, the feast of Unleavened Bread is seven days, and the seventh day of Unleavened Bread is also a feast, (Exodus 13:6). However I agree that, yes, when the calendar year was exactly three hundred sixty-four days, (until the pole shift at Golgotha) fourteen Abib was always a Shabbat Gadol because there were exactly fifty-two weeks in a year, and thus, fifty-two Shabbatot in a full year. The year always ended with the final Shabbat and therefore seven Abib was always the first Shabbat of the next year: fourteen Abib was therefore always the second Shabbat of the year, that is, until the new order of creation was accomplished through Messiah at Golgotha. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barny ain't in my Bible so I don't care what he wrote.

No need to concern yourself with things that are written to contradict God's words. Good choice for you. We can look at history, (we have to)but when we know it is wrong, ignore it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Technically the feast of the Passover is one day, the feast of Unleavened Bread is seven days...

What if we go by scripture?

In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, you shall observe the Passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten. (Ezekiel 45:21 NKJV)​

daqq

What if we go by scripture?
In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, you shall observe the Passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten. (Ezekiel 45:21 NKJV)​

I was going by Scripture, that is, Torah, (which Ezekiel is not) but if you want use Ezekiel to challenge Torah then perhaps you should at least check with a rendering done by some who actually walked it and lived it:

Ezekiel 45:21 Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
21. And in the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the feast of the passover; seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread.
http://biblehub.com/sep/ezekiel/45.htm

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I was going by Scripture, that is, Torah, (which Ezekiel is not) but if you want use Ezekiel to challenge Torah then perhaps you should at least check with a rendering done by some who actually walked it and lived it:

Therefore you shall sacrifice the Passover to the LORD your God from the flock and the herd in the place where the LORD chooses to put His name. You shall eat no leavened bread with it, seven days you shall eat unleavened bread with it... (Deuteronomy 16:2-3 NKJV)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Barnabas implies nearly the same thing, that is, that we should not partake of the nature of the unclean animals. And that truly is what the teachings are more about because we already have a primary commandment in the Ten Words which commands us "Thou shalt not murder-kill", (PERIOD). The commandment says nothing about only pertaining to killing human beings but rather not to murder-kill, period. There are no stipulations given concerning what can and what cannot be killed so when it comes to the physical it logically includes any living soul. And the primary commandment from the Ten is surely not just "supernal" but includes the physical meaning of murder and killing. But "to eat" in the spiritual world implies consuming testimony and doctrine, (just as the brethren that "consumed" the testimony of Cornelius when Peter brought it back and shared it with all). Perhaps this is why Yeshua likens the fowls of the air, (predatory) to the wicked one, the devil, and the Satan, in the three accounts of the Parable of the Sower? The unclean fowls of the air represent the wicked one, the Devil, and the Satan, because of their natures as Barnabas also says. However, I never said anything about strangling, (it is spiritual-supernal in meaning because literal blood is already covered in the Acts 15 statement, for example the swine which were "choked-strangled" in the sea, and in like manner "Asmodeus the worst of demons" was chased back to Egypt and strangled there by Raphael in the NJB version of the book of Tobit). I did however say that I do not believe fish with scales that swarm in schools are living souls, (and therefore were added to the diet of Noah in Genesis 9:2-3). This is why I already suggested to PJ, since all of this can become so complicated, that he should just eat whatever meats that he reads of Yeshua eating in the Gospel accounts, and how can he go wrong with that? But then as soon as you say something like that everyone starts trying to prove that Yeshua ate the same kinds of living creatures that they themselves like to eat. Ah well, guess I'm just ramblin, twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder who you are; flashing tip, spotless blade, sparkling in the midday sun, Raiphan, Remphan, Rhompha. :crackup:

Yes it can be complicated.

The life of the body is the blood.

Soul and body are separate things.

A school of fish is made up of individual living souls.

However, together they strive as one spirit and one mind.

But get this, they each open their mouths to feed at different times.

As creatures they are an analogy of the great congregation.

This is why they are considered clean.

Not because they are not living souls.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The dietary restrictions were not made for health purposes.
If that were true then why would God want the Jews healthy and the church sick?
The purpose of the dietary restrictions were to keep Israel separate from the Gentiles. Even their food couldn't be the same.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The dietary restrictions were not made for health purposes.
If that were true then why would God want the Jews healthy and the church sick?
The purpose of the dietary restrictions were to keep Israel separate from the Gentiles. Even their food couldn't be the same.

we should eat only beans and bean derivatives. God gave us beans

iouae

If Jesus ate pork, some Pharisee would have noticed that and accused Him.
His disciples never ate pork. Notice their revulsion when a net of unclean animals came down and Peter was told to "kill and eat" them in Acts 10:13.

I am more interested in what the Gentile churches like Corinth were told to eat. "Beans" and veggies only? Clean animals and veggies only? Animals sacrificed to idols? Anything their conscience allows?

I lean towards that the Gentile churches were given an Old Testament Lite version of dietary laws, as summarised in Acts 15:20
20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

However I do believe they were given 1050 more important NT laws like "let the sun not go down upon your wrath". The Pharisees majored in the minors, but I believe Christians were told to major in the majors, and what they ate was a minor. If they had to cut out pork and eat beef, that was not a biggie either.

daqq

Yes it can be complicated.

The life of the body is the blood.

Soul and body are separate things.

A school of fish is made up of individual living souls.

However, together they strive as one spirit and one mind.

But get this, they each open their mouths to feed at different times.

As creatures they are an analogy of the great congregation.

This is why they are considered clean.

Not because they are not living souls.

Already explained why I do not believe fish are living souls, (aside from the fact that even Rashi teaches basically the same concerning the fish blood exemption from the blood prohibition) and my reasoning is because I do not believe the Father created one living soul simply to be devoured by another greater and more powerful living soul. The great sea creatures are certainly called living souls. So by your reasoning Elohim would have made one kind of living soul, (fish, as you say) simply as "food" to be devoured by another more powerful living soul, (taniynim gadolim, as the scripture says in Genesis 1:21). And this theoretical problem gets much worse when you come to realize that taniynim is also used for monsters, dragons, Leviathan, (Psalm 74:13-14) the crocodile-dragon of the rod of Ahron, (Exodus 7:10) the Nile crocodile-dragons of the rods of the sorcerers of Pharaoh, (Exodus 7:12) and is also used in symbolism for Pharaoh himself, (Ezekiel 29:3, Ezekiel 32:2). In addition Leviathan is also called the crooked serpent, (Isaiah 27:1) which means that now you have implied that Elohim made living souls, (fish, symbolizing the great congregation) to be devoured by Nile crocodiles, dragons, and Leviathan the crooked serpent. Thus your analogy of fish symbolizing the great congregation raises a red flag to me, (which is probably a true analogy but think bigger fish, great fish, as in the 153 "great fish" in John 21:11 which, by the way, are not eaten in that passage) because you have now implied that we are created as food to be devoured by dragons, crocodiles, and Leviathan the crooked serpent. Should the typology not conclude the opposite or will you be okay with the outcome of your reasoning if it be true? :chuckle:

PS ~ Also whales, dolphins, porpoises, and some of the greater sea creatures with skins rather than scales actually come up to the surface for air, (breath of life and, thus, living souls) while the lesser fish that swarm in schools do not because they breathe water. The small fish are simply raw life, (HSN#2416 chay).

Last edited: