Lord, Lord, Didn't We?...

Robert Pate

Banned
Very true, but love is uplifting. You judge and denigrate the faith of others. You have no right to do so.

Who are you to judge another’s servant? (Romans 14:4 NKJV)​

You can encourage without castigating.

They said the same thing about Paul.

They said that Paul was a trouble maker.

If you have faith in Christ and his Gospel you will like what I say.

Robert Pate

Banned
I am already in the Kingdom of God's dear Son, but I have no chance of entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

When you first trusted Christ as your savior God sealed you with the Holy Spirit and placed you in Christ.

If you are already in the Kingdom of God you will also enter the kingdom of heaven.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's very easy for God to know who are His. They have His Holy Spirit in them.
Likewise, I feel God can easily tell His from "not His".
The Lord knoweth them that are His 2 Timothy 2:19 KJV
We on the other hand look for a formula which may or not include works.
Some folks will give their body to be burned, but lacking love, they will not be saved (1 Cor 13:3).

I feel that if one is Spirit led, one is His. If anyone can come up with an all-inclusive way of telling a Christian (like a luminol test) then please market that product. I feel many pastors would want it (or not?).
There is a very good indicator on whether or not one is saved and that is to ask, "What is the gospel of your salvation?". If the person gets it wrong or testifies to something other than the truth of the gospel, it is highly likely that that person is trusting in something and someone other than the Lord for salvation.

So, how about it? What is the gospel of your salvation?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul preached the kingdom of God to Jews and Gentiles. You don't.

The Kingdom of God is also the Gospel that Jesus gave to Paul, Galatians 1:11, 12.

It is the Kingdom message that God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Same thing that I teach.

genuineoriginal

There is a very good indicator on whether or not one is saved and that is to ask, "What is the gospel of your salvation?". If the person gets it wrong or testifies to something other than the truth of the gospel, it is highly likely that that person is trusting in something and someone other than the Lord for salvation.

Looks like you forgot to explain to Paul what the gospel of your salvation is.

He obviously didn't understand it like you do, otherwise Paul would not have written this:

Ephesians 4:21-32,5:1-7
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.​

Look at all the "works" Paul commands Christians to do.

beloved57

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment Day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

It was all about them and their works. This is the crux of religion. It is all about me, myself and I. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

He never knew them because they were counting on their works to save them. They didn't need Christ and his Gospel. They belonged to the church of "My way". The way of man, which is religion.

The last thing that one wants to do in the judgment is to bring up what you do, or what you have done, or what you have become. The reason for this is because we are all sinners without any saving merit of our own. If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ.

Here is an example.

Lord, Lord, didn't I join the Catholic church?

Lord, Lord, am I not a Calvinist?

Lord, Lord, did I not speak in tongues?

Lord, Lord, I, I, I, ???

The correct response in the judgment should be... Lord, Lord, did you not send Jesus into the world to atone for my sins?

Lord, Lord, didn't Jesus fulfill your Holy Law for me and justify me?

Lord, Lord, didn't you accept Jesus into heaven in my name and on my behalf?

Thats you also, you teach that millions for whom Christ lived and died for shall wind up in hell for their sins, the same sins He died for, thats injustice !

genuineoriginal

Thats you also, you teach that millions for whom Christ lived and died for shall wind up in hell for their sins, the same sins He died for
That is what the Bible teaches.

Mark 16:16
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.​

thats injustice !
You are telling us that God is unjust for not giving eternal life to those that refuse to believe?

beloved57

gen

That is what the Bible teaches.

Thats a lie, there is no scripture that teaches anyone Christ died for shall go to hell for their sins !

You are telling us that God is unjust for not giving eternal life to those that refuse to believe?

Read my posts and threads, they tell you what I teach and believe !

genuineoriginal

Thats a lie, there is no scripture that teaches anyone Christ died for shall go to hell for their sins !
You should study the scripture instead of fighting against what it says.

Read my posts and threads, they tell you what I teach and believe !
I prefer to read the Bible to see what it teaches and what the writers believed instead.
It is much more profitable, since the Bible contains the words of eternal life.

beloved57

You should study the scripture instead of fighting against what it says.

I prefer to read the Bible to see what it teaches and what the writers believed instead.
It is much more profitable, since the Bible contains the words of eternal life.

You can read the bible all you want you don't believe or understand it!

genuineoriginal

You can read the bible all you want you don't believe or understand it!
Jesus died for all.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.​

Some are cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:13-15
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.​

This proves that it is not the death of Jesus that saves people.
The death of Jesus only reconciles us to the Father.
It is the life of Jesus that will save us.

Romans 5:10
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.​

The life of Jesus will only save you if it is manifested in your body.

2 Corinthians 4:10
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.​

beloved57

Jesus died for all.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.​

Some are cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:13-15
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.​

This proves that it is not the death of Jesus that saves people.
The death of Jesus only reconciles us to the Father.
It is the life of Jesus that will save us.

Romans 5:10
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.​

The life of Jesus will only save you if it is manifested in your body.

2 Corinthians 4:10
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.​

You can quote scripture all day, you don't believe it or understand it!

NickCharles

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment Day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

It was all about them and their works. This is the crux of religion. It is all about me, myself and I. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

He never knew them because they were counting on their works to save them. They didn't need Christ and his Gospel. They belonged to the church of "My way". The way of man, which is religion.

The last thing that one wants to do in the judgment is to bring up what you do, or what you have done, or what you have become. The reason for this is because we are all sinners without any saving merit of our own. If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ.

Here is an example.

Lord, Lord, didn't I join the Catholic church?

Lord, Lord, am I not a Calvinist?

Lord, Lord, did I not speak in tongues?

Lord, Lord, I, I, I, ???

The correct response in the judgment should be... Lord, Lord, did you not send Jesus into the world to atone for my sins?

Lord, Lord, didn't Jesus fulfill your Holy Law for me and justify me?

Lord, Lord, didn't you accept Jesus into heaven in my name and on my behalf?

I'm guessing you don't really understand Calvinism. It's the least works-oriented theology out the. We do nothing to save ourselves, or keep ourselves saved. We believe that apart from the work of Christ through regeneration, we would completely reject God. We actually believe that you cannot please God in the flesh.

So our response would be, Lord, I'm completely unqualified to be in your presence. If it weren't for your grace 100%, and nothing to do with me (for my righteousness is as bloody menstrual cloths), I would still be wallowing in my sin. I believe solely because you gave me a new heart to believe.

Robert Pate

Banned
I'm guessing you don't really understand Calvinism. It's the least works-oriented theology out the. We do nothing to save ourselves, or keep ourselves saved. We believe that apart from the work of Christ through regeneration, we would completely reject God. We actually believe that you cannot please God in the flesh.

So our response would be, Lord, I'm completely unqualified to be in your presence. If it weren't for your grace 100%, and nothing to do with me (for my righteousness is as bloody menstrual cloths), I would still be wallowing in my sin. I believe solely because you gave me a new heart to believe.

And then you blasphemy God and his Son Jesus Christ and say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world.

You might fool some, but you can't fool me.