OSAS

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I love the brethren. You are not the brethren. You, like Meshak is an accuser of the brethren.

Yet you do not belong to any family of believers do you....you will say you belong to the whole church but all your posts show that you reject all Christians....just like shackles does.

To sum up your theology, you yourself are not perfect but you demand that everyone else should be.

nikolai_42

You think other people's mess is awful but your's is just fine...perfumed

I'm afraid this is part of the reason I'm not going to simply answer question like Meshak asked straight up - not just because they don't change the OP - but because they cause contention. The issue is not whether someone is or is not in Christ (at least not for us to finally judge) but what Christ taught - and if it is His Word, it will find its place into the hearts of His sheep.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2 Corinthians 3:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2 Cor 4:5

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
2 Cor 10:12

We are told "You shall know them by their fruit". Not their statements, confessions, signatures, bumper stickers, associations etc...And just like we don't consciously produce our own fruit, we can't decide to tell others what our fruit is - it must speak for itself.

God's Truth

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luke 3:22

The point is that it looked so like a dove that it was described that way. Just as Israel was described as a heifer and followers of Jesus as sheep. That's all I'm trying to say. One does not necessarily carry over to the other.
No, that is NOT what you were saying! You were shown God’s Truth but you will not be thankful for it, but you instead act as if you have always known and then go on with your falseness.
He was talking about those that follow Him. Many Jews who followed the rules and regulations rejected Him. Again...I ask what scripture shows anyone can become a sheep even if they aren't already.
I already gave you the scripture.
Jesus was speaking to everyone, and to THOSE WHO HEAR.
Because I simply read straight out of a Greek Grammar that gives the meaning of a word and the type of verb it is...I'm believing false teachers?? What if I instead quote the KJV that says the same thing :

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:3

I have no problem with requiring a change of heart, but we don't change our own hearts. We turn from what we know is wrong and the Lord does the rest in us. That's not changing ourselves.
You are fighting it, but there is no way around it. You have to change and become as a little child.
And I don't get "self-improvement" or "change your heart" out of that. No.
We all have to prepare our hearts for the Lord.

And if you believe what Jesus says, how can such a person be called a sheep?
Anyone can believe and heed the warnings. You are hindering people. Do you want to hinder people?

God's Truth

Yet you do not belong to any family of believers do you....you will say you belong to the whole church but all your posts show that you reject all Christians....just like shackles does.

To sum up your theology, you yourself are not perfect but you demand that everyone else should be.

Many are called, few are chosen I can tell what you are by your fruits.

With the measure you judge others, you will be judged.

God's Truth

Fortunately for meshak, GT has appeared on the scene with all her heresies, and meshak can beat a hasty retreat hoping everyone will forget her predicament as they deal with yet another odd duck.

Perhaps both ladies are a tag team of sorts? :idunno:

AMR

Can you imagine the humbleness you would have to endure to be saved?

You would have to confess that all your studying and education were as rubbish.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you imagine the humbleness you would have to endure to be saved?

You would have to confess that all your studying and education were as rubbish.

And where do you get that from?

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Strait Gate

Strait Gate

Many are called, few are chosen...
An often used, but misunderstood and cast as a shibboleth for anyone who thinks he or she has some special knowledge that the rest of us better pay attention to; all contrary to Rev. 7:9, of course. :AMR:

We should avoid two errors: first, that all men shall be saved; second, that only few men will be saved. The preponderance of Scripture teaches the universal spread and acceptance of the Gospel at some point in history. Folks with this view appeal to Matt. 7:13, 14; 20:16; 22:14; Luke 13:23, 24. The passages in Matthew 7 and Luke 13 are parallel passages and already contain much of the answer in their contexts.

Matthew, moreso than Luke, emphasizes the wideness of the way to destruction; Luke mentions only the narrow, or strait, gate. This is a warning contrasting Christianity with other approaches to God. The word translated "broad" in Matthew 7:13 means "spacious" or "roomy" and carries with it the idea of living comfortably and without troubles. The words "narrow" and "wide," describing the gates are relative terms.

In other words, these only derive meaning in contrast to one another. There are two paths, and the two gates, or doors, standing at the head of each, the straight and narrow and the comfortable and wide. In Luke's account, he uses the same word for "gate," as John uses in 10:9 to give a metaphorical description of Jesus, "door." So, Jesus is contrasting salvation through him with other paths of salvation. It is through much tribulation we enter the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22).

There are two other contrasting terms used in these passages, "many" and "few." Again, these are relative terms and give no real information as to the actual number of those saved. In Luke's account (which is the chronological Gospel, see Luke 1:3 and forward, he writes "in order"), this question is raised immediately after we are told that Jesus taught that the kingdom of God would fill the earth. Yet, at the time Jesus spoke, the church was still a "little flock" (Luke 12:32) waiting to receive the kingdom. In Matthew, the warning has been placed in a block of teaching expressing the difficulty of being saved and the ease with which men deceive themselves in this matter. The warning is for men to avoid taking the path that attracts the most and easiest attention of men.

At the time that Jesus spoke these words, it was historically true that neither had most of mankind been saved nor would most of the Jews to whom he preached then be saved. However, it shall always remain true that the preaching of Christianity will be wider than its reception.

The passages in Matt. 20:16 and 22:14 both rely upon the previous teaching. However, in these passages, there is an explanation offered. "Many" are called but "few are "chosen." The difference between the many and the few is that between calling and election (no matter how you specifically view "election"). The call of the Gospel is always wider than its reception. Hence, the contrast.

The reason is because not all who hear the outward preaching are elect of God. The Greek literally reads, "many are called, but few are elect." Throughout most of history, the contrast between the "many" and the "few" has been numerically significant. Yet, the contrast is what we might express by the words "more" or "less." More people are called, or bidden, less people are chosen.

If you consider that there are more people alive today than throughout all of human history and, presumably, this will continue to be the case during the millennium, then, if most people living during the millennium are saved, most people in history will be too. One thousand years of ever increasing mankind numerically being brought to faith is layering of twenty generations of men, each larger than the previous, being redeemed. Thus, in heaven, the number of the elect is a number no man can number (cf. Rev. 7:9).

Even during the millennium, though the vast majority of men will be saved, the hearing of the Gospel will still be wider than the election of God. The difference is that during the millennium, though fewer will be elect than hear the Gospel, the number of the elect will be greatly increased so as to fill all the world. "The earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea" (i.e., everywhere).

More always hear than are saved. This is not, however, a concept that necessitates thinking the final number of the saved will be few. Less will be saved than heard the Gospel but, in the end, the overarching theme of Scripture is that Christ came to save the world not just a few scattered individuals. Just as all die in Adam, so all are made alive in Christ. Paul's point challenges credulity if he meant by "all" a number so significantly smaller than the number of people who ever shall exist that the mass of mankind is reprobate and counted for naught. It is clear the tree of humanity is to be pruned of its diseased branches but pruning does not entail cutting off the vast majority of the branches of a tree.

The divine intention is stated throughout Scripture to save innumerable multitudes. Christ did not die for each and every individual of mankind but He most certainly evidently died for a large enough portion of mankind that it could be considered the "all," "the whole world," "all men," etc. While it is true less will be saved than hear, or even profess the true religion, that does not mean the number of saved will be small or even smaller than the total number of the lost.

For example, it appears that no more than one third of the angels fell (Rev. 12:4 and following; it may be less, this may not refer to the whole). Should we suppose that God, who made man in his own image, and the Son of God, who took upon himself not the nature of angels but the seed of Abraham, should have purposed to redeem a lesser percentage (one-third) of men than angels were kept from apostasy? This seems to misrepresent the claim that God's redemption of men is more exalted than his upholding and confirming of the elect angels (1 Pet. 1:12 and forward).

AMR

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm afraid this is part of the reason I'm not going to simply answer question like Meshak asked straight up - not just because they don't change the OP - but because they cause contention.

They cause contention?

that's a laugh, you are ones who accused Jesus servants as cult, heretics, non-believers and so on.... just because they don't agree with you doctrines.

You got it all backward. You call evil good and good evil.

That's what happens when you don't respect Jesus' word by saying your works cannot save you..

Lord have mercy on us, sinners.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Fortunately for meshak, GT has appeared on the scene with all her heresies, and meshak can beat a hasty retreat hoping everyone will forget her predicament as they deal with yet another odd duck.

Perhaps both ladies are a tag team of sorts? :idunno:

AMR

You are portraying as teacher of faith. Yet you cannot even discern who are Jesus' followers or not.

You people should get rid of your arrogance. It is not of Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
we know what it means
we also know the answer
you are not saved
I am not saved
meshak is not saved
and
anyone who says they are
does not know what they are talking about

Well said brother.

You are the only one who are decent Christian in this thread.

We will be saved if our conduct is approved by Jesus at the end.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I'm afraid this is part of the reason I'm not going to simply answer question like Meshak asked straight up - not just because they don't change the OP - but because they cause contention. The issue is not whether someone is or is not in Christ (at least not for us to finally judge) but what Christ taught - and if it is His Word, it will find its place into the hearts of His sheep.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2 Corinthians 3:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2 Cor 4:5

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
2 Cor 10:12

We are told "You shall know them by their fruit". Not their statements, confessions, signatures, bumper stickers, associations etc...And just like we don't consciously produce our own fruit, we can't decide to tell others what our fruit is - it must speak for itself.

I believe in testimony, meshak's testimony is that she is not a true saved Christian.

People can pretend with their testimony just as they can with fruit but they are soon found out in both. A person's testimony can hardly rise above their experience.

Our testimony is what Hebrews calls our confession.

On the net it is impossible for me to show you my fruit, all I can do is testify.