The Banned Debate: Are Sexually Active Transgendered Persons Rapists?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:plain: Rape is FORCED sex or sex with those incapable of consenting to sex.

Under the criteria you are using, NO, they are most certainly not rapists.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

"Or sex with those incapable of consenting..."

A victim of fraud and deception is, by that very fact, incapable of consenting.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

his argument goes to the nature of consent and whether it is valid if it is based on fraud :duh:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Or sex with those incapable of consenting..."

A victim of fraud and deception is, by that very fact, incapable of consenting.

Deception and fraud are NOT the same as rape. A married man who hides his wedding ring to have fling with a co-worker is an adulterer and slime ... however, IF she consented, he is not a rapist.

It's a fairly simple concept ... even for you.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Deception and fraud are NOT the same as rape.

"With those incapable of consenting." Can a fraud victim consent or not?

A married man who hides his wedding ring to have fling with a co-worker is an adulterer and slime ... however, IF she consented, he is not a rapist.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this. At first glance, the deceptions seem to be different in kind. The adulterer fails to signify, by means of exterior signs, that he is married. The transgendered person, however, actively signifies, by means of exterior signs, that he is a woman.

The adulterer isn't telling a lie. He's simply failing to disclose the truth.

The transgendered person's very appearance is a lie and a fraud.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"With those incapable of consenting." Can a fraud victim consent or not?

How far would you like to take this *rape* scenario, Traditio? IF a man marries a woman, but doesn't let her know he had a fling with her sister PRIOR to marrying him, is it rape?

IF a man tells a woman he is a virgin PRIOR to marrying her and he really wasn't, is it rape?

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this. At first glance, the deceptions seem to be different in kind. The adulterer fails to signify, by means of exterior signs, that he is married. The transgendered person, however, actively signifies, by means of exterior signs, that he is a woman.

The adulterer is deceiving TWO people (more if there are children), whereas the transgender is deceiving one. Also, I have a hard time believing that someone wouldn't be suspicious in the case of a transgendered person. Case and point: Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. It's obvious enough to raise red flags.

The adulterer isn't telling a lie. He's simply failing to disclose the truth.

Leave it to you to make excuses for adulterers while slamming a transgender. Hypocritical much?

The transgendered person's very appearance is a lie and a fraud.

So ADMITTEDLY, you know by the appearance they were previously the other gender ...

Frankly, the only dishonesty I am seeing in this thread is in your posts.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I call this "the banned debate" because this actually did get me banned on another forum.

Are sexually active transgendered persons rapists?

Let us take a man. He feels like he's a woman. He wants to look like a woman. So, he gets surgery to make him look like a woman. He now appears to have female, not male, sexual organs. Let us even grant that he believes that he is a woman.

He then proceeds to have sexual intercourse with another man, failing to indicate to that man that he, in fact, was born a man.

Has he committed an act of rape?

In fact, I'm inclined to think that he has:
In this country, the answer is essentially no. Most states don't address the point at all and have no enforceable law on the particular.

Though there is some variance, rape is usually about penetration without consent. Informed doesn't play into it, though it can make a consensual act criminal in other ways, as when someone with a disease knowingly inflicts that upon a consensual partner whom he doesn't make aware of the fact.

Consent really goes to capacity. It doesn't mean that had you known the woman was a Baptist, or a racist, or formerly, legally a man and had you known any of those things you'd have chosen to abstain that consent wasn't given to the act.

Now in a limited number of jurisdictions, including California, Montana, Colorado, Tennessee, and my own, there is a law called "rape by fraud". Usually those have to do with deception in a more traditional sense, like sneaking into a woman's bed under cover of darkness impersonating her husband, or faking nuptials in order to bed someone or twins swapping lovers, or a bigamist bedding wife number two. That sort of thing.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I call this "the banned debate" because this actually did get me banned on another forum.

Let us take a man. He feels like he's a woman. He wants to look like a woman. So, he gets surgery to make him look like a woman. He now appears to have female, not male, sexual organs. Let us even grant that he believes that he is a woman.

He then proceeds to have sexual intercourse with another man, failing to indicate to that man that he, in fact, was born a man.

1. He has failed to gain the informed consent of his sexual partner. In fact, his refusal to bring up this very important point, which most men would find problematic, has thereby denied his sexual partner a right to say "no" in an informed way.

2. Anyone who disagrees with me, in effect, must argue that the informed consent of his sexual partner doesn't matter, i.e., that it's the feelings, wants, desires, etc. of the transgendered person which matter, not the choice, autonomy, etc. of his sexual partner.

Which is precisely the rapist's mentality and mindset. In order to disagree with me, you must argue like a rapist would argue.

Social liberals positively baffle me on this point.

They are constantly prattling on about consent. When it comes to abortion, when it comes to rape, when it comes to medicine, etc. All of a sudden, though, they stop caring about informed consent when it comes to transgendered persons who wish to commit sexual acts?

While I do think a transgender person should inform sexual partners of their change I wouldn't call it rape if they don't. Possibly some kind of lesser charge.

Do you think a married person who conceals their married status would he a rapist too?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Beats me. With the exception of the thread that I made about how social liberalism is reducible in principle to a form of atheism (which, I insist, was not predominately about sexuality, even though the topic arose), I basically just entered into discussions which were already ongoing.

You're saying that you're not cognizant enough of what you've been posting to have any idea?

It is, however, very revealing about the mindset of the libtards on that forum that, as I posted various things on a thread about Tamir Rice, reports to the moderation were practically just rolling in. None of them actually violated the rules, but people were quick to report things.
"Various things." That's one way to disassociate yourself from what you said there that was probably as bigoted and contemptible as the things you've said here.

And annabenedetti, I really must object to the underlying assumptions of this question, i.e., that prior to my saying anything, that the matters in question were personal and none of my or anyone else's business.
It's a safe assumption.

In principle, that might be true
Of course it's true.

if people rested content with keeping their perversions to themselves.

They aren't.

The moment that a man publically insists that he is a woman, his business has just become public.

The moment that sodomites demand public recognition is the moment that their business becomes public.

The moment that people demand public funding for contraceptives, again, is the moment that their sex lives cease to be private.
Ridiculous.

glassjester

1. He has failed to gain the informed consent of his sexual partner. In fact, his refusal to bring up this very important point, which most men would find problematic, has thereby denied his sexual partner a right to say "no" in an informed way.

2. Anyone who disagrees with me, in effect, must argue that the informed consent of his sexual partner doesn't matter, i.e., that it's the feelings, wants, desires, etc. of the transgendered person which matter, not the choice, autonomy, etc. of his sexual partner.

Which is precisely the rapist's mentality and mindset. In order to disagree with me, you must argue like a rapist would argue.

Social liberals positively baffle me on this point.

They are constantly prattling on about consent. When it comes to abortion, when it comes to rape, when it comes to medicine, etc. All of a sudden, though, they stop caring about informed consent when it comes to transgendered persons who wish to commit sexual acts?

If anything, this might just be an argument against casual sex, or sex between people that don't know each other well, or trust one another.
I'm not very sure this works as an example of rape.

If it is rape, then there's a lot more that you'd have to also consider rape.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Do you think a married person who conceals their married status would he a rapist too?

only if they have sex outside their marriage

of course, then they're an adulterer and should be executed on that basis

but now that homosexuality is hunky-dory, what about a man married to his wife who cheats on her with another man?

is that adultery, rape or just a guy "exploring his sexuality"?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
only if they have sex outside their marriage

of course, then they're an adulterer and should be executed on that basis

but now that homosexuality is hunky-dory, what about a man married to his wife who cheats on her with another man?

is that adultery, rape or just a guy "exploring his sexuality"?

Exploring is not frowned upon anymore. When I pass people at the store I feel like everyone wants me - :rotfl:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
_____
Sherry called the police department and reported that she had
been raped.
The officer who answered the phone, asked, "When did this happen?"
She replied, "Last week."
The police then asked, "Why did you wait until now to report it?"
"Well," she said. "I didn't know that I was raped until the
check bounced."
_____​

Will the "John" in this story be prosecuted for rape?
If not, why not?
Spoiler

Because the sexual act itself was still consensual, even if fraud was involved.

What if someone married the pretend "woman" - you don't see a problem with that?

Scam artists who marry people for $ get prosecuted for that kind of fraud, why not this kind?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
While I do think a transgender person should inform sexual partners of their change I wouldn't call it rape if they don't. Possibly some kind of lesser charge.

yes, if he married the new person while still married.