ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Has he said yet what he believes the gospel is? Does he put the work right up front as a condition? Or does he spread the works out over the rest of his life until he dies?

He hasn't said what the gospel of his salvation is, but as we have all seen him say in the thread, he believes salvation is a process. IOW, he doesn't believe salvation is by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place. He's religious, but lost.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 10 KJV
(3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
(4) For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is my wanna-be signature ...

"Do you not know that
to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
(slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?
... so now present your members as
slaves of righteousness for holiness." (Romans 6:16-19, NKJV)

Translation ...
Believers who are slaves of sin, who are habitual unrepentant sinners,
are facing eternal death!
They have fallen from the faith, fallen from grace, etc.
Even though they may still be intellectual believers,
they certainly are no longer to be considered "faithful" believers.
Under the law.

Numbers 15 KJV
(29) Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.
(30) But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
(31) Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.​

We are not under law.

glorydaz

I guess you're going to have to take that one up with God ... after all, It's His Word, not mine.

You seem to be one of those that thinks that it's just the same thing throughout. I believe God when He says certain things to certain people at certain times.

Yeah, it's like they give up trying to figure out why things differ, but refuse to see the audience and the times are different. Almost like a guy that says, "Women, who can figure them out?" :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Here we go again ...
Are you in the very special group who understand
what's involved with these 3 words in blue?

Do you hear God's voice?
Do you have a reciprocal relationship with Jesus, "knowing" Him in this way?
Do you really follow Jesus and His commandments?

'Tis quite incredible that everyone thinks this passage applies to them!
It applies to those elected before the foundation of the world, and to no one else.

You still here?

fzappa13

Yeah, it's like they give up trying to figure out why things differ, but refuse to see the audience and the times are different. Almost like a guy that says, "Women, who can figure them out?" :chuckle:

I think the word of God has remained pretty consistent as it concerns both the fate of those that would seek it's wisdom and women. Much to the chagrin of both at times ... :chuckle:

Last edited:

glorydaz

I think the word of God has remained pretty consistent as it concerns both the fate of those that would seek it's wisdom and women. Much to the chagrin of both at times ... :chuckle:

God is always consistant, but your two examples are just plain silly. Are you trying to make a joke or what....exactly?

fzappa13

God is always consistant, but your two examples are just plain silly. Are you trying to make a joke or what....exactly?

I'm not making a joke. You did. You just don't see it. Few, if any of us, are willing to see our shortcomings though they be uttered by God into our very ears. I guess that's just the way we are. Is it any wonder He uttered the words recorded in Gen 6:7?

glorydaz

I'm not making a joke. You did. You just don't see it. Few, if any of us, are willing to see our shortcomings though they be uttered by God into our very ears. I guess that's just the way we are. Is it any wonder He uttered the words recorded in Gen 6:7?

I see more than you think. I was giving you a chance to be honest and you decided not to take it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The more I study the NT the more WARNINGS I see,
but all the while … most pastors are preaching GRACE!
Most of the NT was written to born-again Christians in the churches,
so many warnings were written to YOU (if indeed you are born-again).
However, most believers today are blind to them (for several reasons).
Dozens of verses WARN: If you choose to keep on sinning without
serious confession and repentance (sincere regret and desire to change),
you will fall from grace and forfeit your salvation!

• “… everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

• “… whoever (reverentially) fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him”
(Acts 10:35)

• “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to death,
OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness … so now present your members as slaves
of righteousness for holiness … the wages of sin is (eternal) death” (Romans 6:16, 19, 23)

• “For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death
the (sinful) deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by God’s Spirit,
these are sons of God.” (Romans 8:13-14)

• Jesus warned: And these (the unrighteous) will go away into everlasting punishment,
but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:46)

• “To not obey is to not believe” is taught in Hebrews 3:18-19 …
which links back to the applicable examples of: sinning (3:17), rebelling (3:16),
hardening of the heart (3:15), and not remaining faithful (3:14).

• “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved,
he will receive the crown of (eternal) life … But each one is tempted when he is drawn
away by his own desires … Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
and sin when it is full-grown brings forth (eternal) death.” (James 1:12-16)

• “Be faithful until death and I will give you the crown of (eternal) life.” (Revelation 2:10)

• Everyone who is cowardly (fearful), unbelieving (includes unfaithful), abominable,
murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in
the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

• “… reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:7)
Yes, everyone who is ungodly will be thrown into the lake of fire!

• Jesus is coming back for:
“… a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing …
holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:27)
“… holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God” (Hebrews 12:14)

• To continue your progressive sanctification unto holiness,
it is critical to regularly confess and repent of your sins …
“IF we walk in the light … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin
… IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us (of) our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:7-9)

Good post.

The grace message has been distorted into believing they need no warnings at all ever.

For if they do need warning then they feel they do not believe, so shaky is their faith in reality.

LA