ECT If your not OSAS then your not saved ,true or false?

glorydaz

Why should I doubt His word? He says perfect Holiness in the fear of God, He says be watchful the Devil is prowling. In not gonna ignore His words. Especially when the Devil was close to dragging me to Hell, by ignoring His words before.

Taking our freewill away, Makes him a puppeteer and you a Calvinist.

Nothing can take away His glory, the cross, His love, especially not us freely loving Him back, which He paid so dearly in hopes that we will. He is a jealous God because He wants our love.

Fear never buys love....

If the devil was close to dragging you to hell then you have reason to fear because he's still out there. That you give him more power to drag you than you do God having the power to keep you says more than you're willing to admit.

I'm not sure why you think anything you can do is going to be good enough to please our Holy God. You have issues you won't even admit to yourself. God is working on them as we speak, and you'd best be darn grateful that he is. Oh ye of little faith....no wonder you began to sink.

Jamie Gigliotti

Fear never buys love....

If the devil was close to dragging you to hell then you have reason to fear because he's still out there. That you give him more power to drag you than you do God having the power to keep you says more than you're willing to admit.

I'm not sure why you think anything you can do is going to be good enough to please our Holy God. You have issues you won't even admit to yourself. God is working on them as we speak, and you'd best be darn grateful that he is. Oh ye of little faith....no wonder you began to sink.
Fear brings us to the reality of danger. Love motivates.

Don't doubt His words. All of them, not just the ones that make you feel safe.

The only thing good in me is Him and that is by Grace and humility.

glorydaz

Fear brings us to the reality of danger. Love motivates.

Don't doubt His words. All of them, not just the ones that make you feel safe.

The only thing good in me is Him and that is by Grace and humility.

I am safe. You're the one who has to live in fear. And that certainly does not come from God. 2 Timothy 1:7 :sigh:

I'm pretty sure you won't bother to read the following verses, since they don't feed your fear. You are drawn like a moth to the flame instead of to the light....to anything that feeds your fear and doubt. It's a choice you seem to have made already.

Romans 8
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord
.​

glorydaz

We have a choice to sow to the Spirit by grace and humility, or sow to the flesh by our pride.

Then why are you claiming God can't keep you unless you help Him out? Is He able to perform what He began in you or not? You're simply insisting we must be co-saviours or we'll be lost. That's the ultimate proof of PRIDE.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why should I doubt His word? He says perfect Holiness in the fear of God, He says be watchful the Devil is prowling. In not gonna ignore His words. Especially when the Devil was close to dragging me to Hell, by ignoring His words before.

Taking our freewill away, Makes him a puppeteer and you a Calvinist.

Nothing can take away His glory, the cross, His love, especially not us freely loving Him back, which He paid so dearly in hopes that we will. He is a jealous God because He wants our love.

You have no discernment. Glorydaz isn't a Calvinist. What's wrong with you?

Jamie Gigliotti

I am safe. You're the one who has to live in fear. And that certainly does not come from God. 2 Timothy 1:7 :sigh:

I'm pretty sure you won't bother to read the following verses, since they don't feed your fear. You are drawn like a moth to the flame instead of to the light....to anything that feeds your fear and doubt. It's a choice you seem to have made already.

Romans 8
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord
.​

Believe me, I know Romans well. I don't live in fear, I live in His love, but I know the pan is hot and don't grab it. He taught me that by grace, I choose to humbly follow. The flesh brings only, misery, disappointment.

The Spirit brings life. We choose to sow to Him, to live by Him or death. He made the way. Will we follow?

We could boast if we kept the law on our own, which is impossible (Romans 7).

We can not boast by doing no wrong by His love, by His Spirit putting to death the deeds of the body.( Romans 8:13)

We must submit and surrender to Him. We have to choose. The fear comes in knowing we must do this. Loves comes when we do.

I never wanted to worship growing up in churches. My pride stopped me.

Worship is humility, surrender. That is what He desires! We've been deceived to think this is hard. Surrender, weakness brings Him, His power, His love! Our pride keeps Him at arms length.

God's Truth

Saying that God makes us do everything is puppeteering, Calvinistic leaning.

Glorydaz and GM, and many others here who believe in faith alone, they argue against those who preach obedience to Christ. Those like glorydaz and GM are half siblings to the Calvinists.

They believe we can only believe before before being saved but not obey. Calvinists believe we cannot believe and we cannot obey until after we are saved.

We can believe and obey Jesus before and after being saved.

Believing and obeying Jesus is how we are saved, and believing and obeying Jesus is how we stay saved.

glorydaz

Believe me, I know Romans well.

No, you don't. You don't even know believers have been delivered from the law, and what that means for us. Which is why you still promote fear.

I don't live in fear, I live in His love, but I know the pan is hot and don't grab it.

Yep, you're afraid, and can't see how you just contradicted yourself.

He taught me that by grace, I choose to humbly follow.
See how you boast? Ya gotta love how workers boast of their own humility. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but you must see what you're doing or you'll not see at all.

The flesh brings only misery, disappointment.

True, which is why believers have such liberty...we are no longer in the flesh, but in the Spirit (because the Spirit of God dwells in us) ie Romans 8

The Spirit brings life. We choose to sow to Him, to live by Him or death. He made the way. Will we follow?

See how you think what you choose keeps you alive? Your trust is in yourself. Good luck with that.

We could boast if we kept the law on our own, which is impossible (Romans 7).

You prove once again you don't know Romans at all, and you also prove you consider yourself a co-savior with Christ.

We can not boast by doing no wrong by His love, by His Spirit putting to death the deeds of the body.( Romans 8:13)

We must submit and surrender to Him. We have to choose. The fear comes in knowing we must do this. Loves comes when we do.

I never wanted to worship growing up in churches. My pride stopped me.

Worship is humility, surrender. That is what He desires! We've been deceived to think this is hard. Surrender, weakness brings Him, His power, His love! Our pride keeps Him at arms length.

Well, that sounds all mushy and vague. Worst of all it reeks of the pride you claim keeps Him at arms length. Kinda reminds me of that song, "Lord, it's hard to be humble, perfect in every way..." ;)

Luke 18:11-12
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Jamie Gigliotti

Glorydaz and GM, and many others here who believe in faith alone, they argue against those who preach obedience to Christ. Those like glorydaz and GM are half siblings to the Calvinists.

They believe we can only believe before before being saved but not obey. Calvinists believe we cannot believe and we cannot obey until after we are saved.

Believing and obeying Jesus is how we are saved, and believing and obeying Jesus is how we stay saved.

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification, and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

We're either slaves to sin, or slaves to God. We only become slaves to God by the Cross, His love, His grace. We can not boast, but it is what we must do.

glorydaz

Saying that God makes us do everything is puppeteering, Calvinistic leaning.

I realize it's hard to believe, but there is a whole "body" of people who lean neither your way nor the other way. We actually go so far as to say Christ lives in us, and we live by HIS faith. We actually go so far as to say He does His work through us. We don't brag about our humility or our obedience or our choosing to surrender. ;)

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

glorydaz

This was quoted by another poster, so I had to take God's(un)Truth off ignore long enough to respond. The fact that she is too ignorant to understand what we say does not give her the right to continue to misrepresent what we believe.

Believing is obeying. It's called the obedience of faith. It's the one requirement God demands from His creatures. We must believe in Him. This is not rocket science. Nothing we DO before we believe counts for a hill of beans. Nothing we DO after we believe keeps us saved. Anything we DO is nothing more than what we owe God as His creatures.

The GIFT of God is eternal life bestowed on those who BELIEVE. There are no strings on that gift. Whatever we DO is considered by God as things worth refining or simply burning up....we may receive rewards or we may suffer loss of rewards. Nothing to do with our salvation.

If you people insist on claiming what you DO is important, test it according to this text.

1 Cor. 3:11-15
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​

Jamie Gigliotti

No, you don't. You don't even know believers have been delivered from the law, and what that means for us. Which is why you still promote fear.

Yep, you're afraid, and can't see how you just contradicted yourself.

See how you boast? Ya gotta love how workers boast of their own humility. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but you must see what you're doing or you'll not see at all.

True, which is why believers have such liberty...we are no longer in the flesh, but in the Spirit (because the Spirit of God dwells in us) ie Romans 8

See how you think what you choose keeps you alive? Your trust is in yourself. Good luck with that.

You prove once again you don't know Romans at all, and you also prove you consider yourself a co-savior with Christ.

Well, that sounds all mushy and vague. Worst of all it reeks of the pride you claim keeps Him at arms length. Kinda reminds me of that song, "Lord, it's hard to be humble, perfect in every way..." ;)

I promote sowing to the Holy Spirit, not works of the law; loving because of His love.
Why are you mad at me because God says, "do not become proud but fear" (Romans 11:20). If you choose to ignore Him on this that is your choice.

I was afraid when I refused Him, saying yes Lord brings freedom.

I'm much more humble towards Him now than I was when I wanted vengence. But if you read my thread on humility, I've admitted I'm not humble enough.

If we had no choice, we would not reap what we sow to.

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will He also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh Will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit Will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:7-8

So does God force us to sow to His Spirit? Puppeteering?

Do we not have to sow to His Spirit? Nullifying His word.

Or do we not want to sow to His Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is a gift to do what the law could not do.
"In order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." Romans 8:3

We can take no credit for submitting to the Holy Spirit, but we will take the blame for refusing to.

glorydaz

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification, and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

We're either slaves to sin, or slaves to God. We only become slaves to God by the Cross, His love, His grace. We can not boast, but it is what we must do.

Why do you boast and claim "we must do" what God has done and is doing in us? He "created" us IN Christ Jesus. We are HIS workmanship and He has ORDAINED that we will walk in good works. Boasting is excluded by the law of faith. EXCLUDED.....means you can not do it and should not claim you are doing what He does.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

Jamie Gigliotti

I realize it's hard to believe, but there is a whole "body" of people who lean neither your way nor the other way. We actually go so far as to say Christ lives in us, and we live by HIS faith. We actually go so far as to say He does His work through us. We don't brag about our humility or our obedience or our choosing to surrender. ;)

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

I am only trying to urge people to do what God says to do. I don't brag about doing it, but I do press on to perfection (Phiilipians 3), i will openly admit that in my past refusal, there was no hope, only misery, darkness, the house was left empty and the demons came back stronger.