Science for a pre-sin world

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
They are separate because no matter how the first self-replicators came to be on earth (chemistry, aliens, gods, etc.), evolutionary theory still explains the subsequent history of life.
AHA! Thanks. That's a better answer than I gave... :thumb:

I know creationists like to pretend that the origin of the first life remaining an unsolved mystery is a blow against evolution, but that's mainly because of 1) their ignorance of science, and 2) their desperation to throw rocks at evolution.
I agree with this. I remember being this way. :bang:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm aware they make that claim. I think IF abiogenisis could be proven beyond doubt, they'd be happy to claim it. As of yet, to the majority of the scientific community it is only 'the most likely option'....

it would be more persuasive if they could reproduce it (abogenesis) in the lab

:think: same thing with evolution, for that matter

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Nothing I can think of provides a direct evidential link to the time before the fall; most everything we have was deposited by the flood.

When do you estimate the Step Pyramid in Egypt was constructed?

https://youtu.be/XPI-6okYdX0?t=4m29s

Is it your plan to derail every thread with nonsense?

How am I derailing this thread? All I did was ask a straightforward question based on something you said. Will you answer it?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
it would be more persuasive if they could reproduce it (abogenesis) in the lab
They're working on it, and learning more all the time. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. :idunno: This article is far from absolute proof, but it is intriguing...http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/03/researchers-may-have-solved-origin-life-conundrum

:think: same thing with evolution, for that matter

That statement shows exactly how well you understand evolution. "Evolution"(artificial selection is a better term when humans guide or influence it) is "duplicated" in agriculture, the breeding of animals, vaccines, etc. Duplicating natural selection in a lab would prove zilch, because it's a forced duplication under scientific circumstances. Natural selection or "evolution" is being observed all over the world, though I'm sure you'd call it "micro", which would even farther demonstrate your lack of understanding.

6days

They're working on it, and learning more all the time. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. :idunno: This article is far from absolute proof, but it is intriguing..
So far the attempts to produce life in a lab has shown that extreme intelligence is required.

6days

Natural selection or "evolution" is being observed all over the world, though I'm sure you'd call it "micro", which would even farther demonstrate your lack of understanding.
Observed.... Hmmm... We observe rapid adaptation. (Creationist model). We observe this adaptation is possible because of pre-existing information in the genome and pre-existing mechanisms. We observe that 'natural selection' is unable to create anything, and is usually quite impotent at deleting anything. We observe that mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious and even the rare beneficial outcome, usually is a result of destroyed pre-existing information. (Such as loss of specificity of an enzyme). We observe that kinds such as cats, and dogs, and horses, and butterflies and apple trees reproduce after their kind.
What we observe "all over the world" is evidence supporting the Biblical Creator. These are exciting times to be a Christian.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not a fair analogy.

There is no analogy. You cannot believe in logic and say there is no God. I wonder to which camp you subscribe. That everything must be an accident, or everything was designed and created.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no analogy. You cannot believe in logic and say there is no God. I wonder to which camp you subscribe. That everything must be an accident, or everything was designed and created.
How dare you claim that there is an immaterial world out there that atheists and agnostics cannot test under a microscope!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AHA! Thanks. That's a better answer than I gave... :thumb:
MrDeets. That's only true if you believe in magic and ignore reality. As science progresses, common descent becomes more ridiculous than it already is.

Greg Jennings

Welp.....I backed off completely gave this a couple days in hope that someone would offer what I was asking for: scientific evidence of a pre-sin world or of a time when all creatures were vegetarians and nobody died. So far the closest thing I've gotten (and it's not close to being scientific) is "Genesis 1." If that counts as science then so does The Odyssey, meaning that scylla and cyclops are real. That's doubtful

So can the creationists here admit that there is NO scientific evidence for their origin story, and that it's simply a belief with no substantiating evidence?
And finally quit trumpeting that "science supports Genesis"?

Last edited:

Greg Jennings

MrDeets. That's only true if you believe in magic and ignore reality. As science progresses, common descent becomes more ridiculous than it already is.

If that's true then why has it been consistently being accepted at increasing numbers in the scientific community over the past 100 years? Now it's to the point that it's almost unanimous among scientists that evolution is very real and observable (north of 99%).

So if science is making it appear more and more ridiculous every day, why don't the scientists think that?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welp.....I backed off completely gave this a couple days in hope that someone would offer what I was asking for: scientific evidence of a pre-sin world or of a time when all creatures were vegetarians and nobody died. So far the closest thing I've gotten (and it's not close to being scientific) is "Genesis 1." If that counts as science then so does The Odyssey, meaning that scylla and cyclops are real. That's doubtful

So can the creationists here admit that there is NO scientific evidence for their origin story, and that it's simply a belief with no substantiating evidence?
Evolutionists hate reading.

Greg Jennings

Evolutionists hate reading.

Mmhmm.....because scientists, people who write and meticulously proofread papers and do tedious studies in order to gather research for those papers in order for other scientists to read and review those papers, hate reading.

It all makes sense now

Greg Jennings

Because the evidence — along with a prediction — was given to you, but you, an evolutionist, have pretended not to have seen anything.

Care to direct me to the page on this thread where the evidence is listed? Or if you want post the evidence again right here and prove me, the evolutionist who has pretended to not see it or lied about not seeing it, wrong.

You can validate your claim that evolutionists are dishonest/illiterate right now Stripe. This is the chance of your lifetime. Don't pass it up