Why Calvinist Cannot Defend Their Doctrine of a Limited Atonement

Robert Pate

Banned
Those whom Christ took stripes for are healed Spiritually 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The Bible teaches that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

You stand in opposition to the word of God.

Brother Ducky

I am not going to post a 1000 word refutal.

The Bible plainly says that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for all that want to be saved, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Those two scriptures refute you and your doctrine.

Actually, they do nothing of the sort. I know of no Reformed folk who would argue that some of those who do indeed call on the Lord will not be saved. And unless you wish to refute a Biblical anthropology then none will want to be saved until they are fundamentally changed by God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Actually, they do nothing of the sort. I know of no Reformed folk who would argue that some of those who do indeed call on the Lord will not be saved. And unless you wish to refute a Biblical anthropology then none will want to be saved until they are fundamentally changed by God.

Of course there are some that call upon the Lord and are not saved.

They are counterfeits. They were not really sincere, nor did they believe.

Salvation is always followed by repentance. No repentance means they were not sincere.

beloved57

Of course there are some that call upon the Lord and are not saved.

They are counterfeits. They were not really sincere, nor did they believe.

Salvation is always followed by repentance. No repentance means they were not sincere.

Promoting Salvation by works, by what a person does!