Top physicist on climate change....

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that the data supports both sides of the climate debate. The NASA webpage you linked to states, "Sea ice as a whole is decreasing as expected, but just like with global warming, not every location with sea ice will have a downward trend in ice extent." That's because, "While the interior of East Antarctica is gaining land ice, overall Antarctica has been losing land ice at an accelerating rate."

Obviously you did not read that Antarctic ice is at the highest since records have been being compiled in the 1970's. Keep buying the lie, liberals world wide are depending on you to promote their false narrative...

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...a-ice-at-record-levels-despite-global-warming

Could it possibly be that you find the entire debate to be a joke because the facts have been misrepresented to you?

It is a joke because people like you are taken in by a lie built on flimsy data just as the "science community" brought us the invented crisis in the 1970's that we were headed for the next ice age. The facts (as you say) which are presented are subjective & inconclusive at best, hardly anything worth warranting concern or hysteria for that matter.

gcthomas

Yet with all this phantom warming the ice at the poles continues to break records for amount & thickness but hey...it's your fallacy, posit it any way you want to. :chuckle:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesta...d-nasa-data-polar-ice-not-receding-after-all/

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum

From your link:

the Arctic reached a minimum extent in the ten lowest since satellite records began.​
Was this supposed to buttress your case?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Obviously you did not read that Antarctic ice is at the highest since records have been being compiled in the 1970's. Keep buying the lie, liberals world wide are depending on you to promote their false narrative.

You don't seem to have understood the point I was trying to convey to you, specifically that there are 2 categories of ice at issue here -- land ice and sea ice. According to the NASA link you posted, "Sea ice as a whole is decreasing as expected, but just like with global warming, not every location with sea ice will have a downward trend in ice extent." That is because "While the interior of East Antarctica is gaining land ice, overall Antarctica has been losing land ice at an accelerating rate."

Elsewhere, NASA states:

Data from NASA's Grace satellites show that the land ice sheets in both Antarctica and Greenland are losing mass. The continent of Antarctica has been losing about 134 billion metric tons of ice per year since 2002, while the Greenland ice sheet has been losing an estimated 287 billion metric tons per year.​

Source: http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/land-ice/

You are trying to cite NASA as though it supports your position, when in fact it contradicts it.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
It is a joke because people like you are taken in by a lie built on flimsy data just as the "science community" brought us the invented crisis in the 1970's that we were headed for the next ice age.

Here's why it's not such a great idea to get your "science news" from the mainstream media, as well as where you should be getting your science: https://youtu.be/EU_AtHkB4Ms?t=51s

Last edited:

gcthomas

I guess you and I are reading this differently here is a graph showing that the extent is the highest...

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...at-record-levels-despite-global-warming#img-1

Your source did indeed show that Antarctic ice increasing, as predicted in some models with global warming increasing precipitation there even as the ice is at a warmer temperature, while the Arctic ice is still very low and currently 1 million km below the 1985-2000 average.

Don't you read the sources through? From the your new linked article:
But Dr Claire Parkinson, a senior scientist at Nasa’s Goddard Space Flight Centre, says increasing Antarctic ice does not contradict the general warming trend. Overall the Earth is losing sea ice at a rate of 35,000 sq km per year (13,514 sq miles).​

The Earth is losing sea ice at a great rate! Your source undermines your conclusions, again.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
14 of the warmest 15 years have been in the last 15 years. It IS getting warmer, dumbo.

When you fudge the data, you make it say anything you want.

Let's look at actual quotes from global warming alarmists:

"in a few years, snowfall will became a very rare and exciting event” - David Viner, Climatic Research Unit (CRU), March 2000

“milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms.” - IPCC, 2001 Third Assessment Report

" the skiing industry in Scotland has less than two decades left to go." - Adam Watson, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, 2004

"Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don’t own a sled.” - RFK Jr., Environmental Attorney, 2008

“Due to global warming, the coming winters in the local regions will become milder.” - Stefan Rahmstorf, Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research, University of Potsdam, February 8, 2006

"More heat waves, no snow in the winter" - Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, September 2, 2008.

“Snowlines are going up in altitude all over the world. The idea that we will get less snow is absolutely in line with what we expect from global warming.” - Sir John Houghton – atmospheric physicist, June 2007

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
that reminds me - time to get my shovels out of storage

I had to turn on the furnace last night, it was in the low 30's, almost a record low.

This is the first time I had to turn the furnace on before November 1st in 10 years.

Gotta love the global warming hoax !!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is a joke because people like you are taken in by a lie built on flimsy data just as the "science community" brought us the invented crisis in the 1970's that we were headed for the next ice age.

It's mind boggling to me how these guy keep believing people who have been wrong 100% of the time.

No matter how wrong these scientists have been over the years, gullible people keep believing what they say.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Your source did indeed show that Antarctic ice increasing, as predicted in some models with global warming increasing precipitation there even as the ice is at a warmer temperature, while the Arctic ice is still very low and currently 1 million km below the 1985-2000 average.

Don't you read the sources through? From the your new linked article:
But Dr Claire Parkinson, a senior scientist at Nasa’s Goddard Space Flight Centre, says increasing Antarctic ice does not contradict the general warming trend. Overall the Earth is losing sea ice at a rate of 35,000 sq km per year (13,514 sq miles).​

The Earth is losing sea ice at a great rate! Your source undermines your conclusions, again.

That is why this entire fallacy is the joke that it is...multiple sets of subjective data all giving opposite conflicting results. You need to start smelling what your shoveling...:chuckle:

:mock: climate change believers/worshipers

gcthomas

That is why this entire fallacy is the joke that it is...multiple sets of subjective data all giving opposite conflicting results. You need to start smelling what your shoveling...:chuckle:

:mock: climate change believers/worshipers

We stopped having proper quantities of snow here seven or eight years ago. We used to get a few weeks of standing snow every year, now we might get some snow on one or two days and it usually melts within the day.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We stopped having proper quantities of snow here seven or eight years ago. We used to get a few weeks of standing snow every year, now we might get some snow on one or two days and it usually melts within the day.

What happened to weather doesn't equal climate?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

and you want to return to the ice age? :chuckle:

:think: i call dibs on doggerland :banana:

gcthomas

What happened to weather doesn't equal climate?

I was talking about a decade's worth of changing climate, fool. Not 'it's cold today so the world is not warming'.

I attended a lecture by a senior MetOffice modeler fifteen years ago, and he showed me maps predicting the end of significant snow in my county. The prediction matched the actual change in local climate. Go figure.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was talking about a decade's worth of changing climate, fool. Not 'it's cold today so the world is not warming'.

I attended a lecture by a senior MetOffice modeler fifteen years ago, and he showed me maps predicting the end of significant snow in my county. The prediction matched the actual change in local climate. Go figure.

From Tuesday's Yorkshire Evening Post:

AN early weather warning has been issued across the UK as experts forecast months of heavy show in what is expected to be the worst winter in half-a-century.