Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Talk ~ BR XI

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the question I would have would be for Theo Victus's professor. If he would have allowed a forgiven Christian murderer, to teach Sunday school, and babysit his kids, would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids.

I would like to hear how he would have answered that.

I think those who are against the DP on the basis of forgiveness that has been offered to us and the death penalties that we have all escaped should make this their first statement in defense of their position. "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder." That should be their clarion call and stated up front in every debate. From their they could go forth and defend their position with integrity and equity. I would like the "professor" or Theo Victus to make such a "call" in fairness to their belief, and understanding of the nature of God's forgiveness.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller86
    No, we learn how to "Rightly divide the Word of Truth". Pretty simple.

So, i started looking at your avatar and it is strangely ironic....the words and the noose and all.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah
    I guess the question I would have would be for Theo Victus's professor. If he would have allowed a forgiven Christian murderer, to teach Sunday school, and babysit his kids, would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids.

I would like to hear how he would have answered that.

I think those who are against the DP on the basis of forgiveness that has been offered to us and the death penalties that we have all escaped should make this their first statement in defense of their position. "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder." That should be their clarion call and stated up front in every debate. From their they could go forth and defend their position with integrity and equity. I would like the "professor" or Theo Victus to make such a "call" in fairness to their belief, and understanding of the nature of God's forgiveness.
    What do you mean, "would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids"? Why wouldn't he?
    I would like to know what it would mean if he wouldn't allow that person to babysit and teach...

I would just like to note that your statement, "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder," is dumb. It seems obvious from what Theo has written that he believes forgiveness is for EVERYONE (which would include the executors of...the execution--those who are actually responsible for the executions). I mean, if he believes the murderers should have forgiveness, why would the murderers' executioners be denied forgiveness? Everyone means everyone!
    So, I think it would be silly to make a declaration of that fact twice.

Also, you used the wrong "their." Silly willy.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primghar
    What do you mean, "would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids"? Why wouldn't he?
    I would like to know what it would mean if he wouldn't allow that person to babysit and teach...

I would just like to note that your statement, "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder," is dumb. It seems obvious from what Theo has written that he believes forgiveness is for EVERYONE (which would include the executors of...the execution--those who are actually responsible for the executions). I mean, if he believes the murderers should have forgiveness, why would the murderers' executioners be denied forgiveness? Everyone means everyone!
    So, I think it would be silly to make a declaration of that fact twice.

Also, you used the wrong "their." Silly willy.
    I read theo's post again, and just to back myself up about the whole forgiveness ranting that Jeremiah did, this is a direct quote from Theo's post:
    “Forgive them all and let God sort them out.”

peace out.

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,005 Times in 9,142 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would it be correct to think that part of forgiveness is accepting the consequences of ones sin?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read theo's post again, and just to back myself up about the whole forgiveness ranting that Jeremiah did, this is a direct quote from Theo's post:
    “Forgive them all and let God sort them out.”

peace out.

Was I ranting? It is funny to see how people take the written word. If I could have spoken my post to you, you would have gotten the sense that I was thinking out loud, and grappling with a difficult concept. The concept of genuine, true and total forgiveness. I was not able to put into words exactly what I was thinking, because it is such a difficult concept, and act. I was not really satisfied with my post and I almost deleted it. I am glad to see that you picked up on it, but no, I was not ranting.

So let me try again! If true forgivenes,s as shown by Jesus, means not executing murderers, it seems to me that it is "almost", and I stress almost, a nonissue to condemn, in any way, those who execute murderers.

Or here is the other way of looking at it. {Again I am thinking out loud} If the DP is wrong for murderers and life imprisonment is right? Then what should be the penalty for those who execute murderers, in the ideal world of a non DP advocate. Since they have taken a life, they "either" have to be punished, "or" they have to be allowed to teach Sunday school, and babysit your kids.

If murder is wrong and executing murderers is considered equivalently wrong, then the forgiveness for both must be equal, and the punishment must be equal.

I personally think that needs to be specifically stated. Perhaps you are correct that the dictum "forgive them all and let God sort them out" covers it. To me that dictum "almost" makes every wrong between people a nonissue!

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this forum you can not edit your posts, even for typing and spelling errors, so please "forgive" me of such "sins".

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe
    would it be correct to think that part of forgiveness is accepting the consequences of ones sin?

I would agree with that. However, I don't think any human person should decide what the "consequences of ones sin" ought to be.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with that. However, I don't think any human person should decide what the "consequences of ones sin" ought to be.
    That's why God put the punishment and consequences down in the Bible. He authorized Governments to punish criminals. Do you agree with that statement?

I'll say it again: Do you agree that God authorized Governments to punish criminals?
    "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, i started looking at your avatar and it is strangely ironic....the words and the noose and all.
    Not ironic at all. A righteous execution is not murder.
    "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about the consequences of one's crime? Can a human decide how someone should be punished for a certain crime?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimei
    How about the consequences of one's crime? Can a human decide how someone should be punished for a certain crime?
    Sure, they CAN decide, but i'm not sure how fair or just it would be. For example, someone said earlier (i don't remember who) that flogging would be fair punishment for stealing. But i don't agree with that; i don't think that is just or fair. So, i am not sure a human can come up with a punishment that fits the crime. i don't know.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Helm
    That's why God put the punishment and consequences down in the Bible. He authorized Governments to punish criminals. Do you agree with that statement?

I'll say it again: Do you agree that God authorized Governments to punish criminals?
    Well, Dread Helm, since you seemingly ignore and refuse to answer any of the questions I have asked you, I am gonna go ahead and follow your lead.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Primghar, you're so ... NICE!
    Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had. - Michael Crichton

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, they CAN decide, but i'm not sure how fair or just it would be. For example, someone said earlier (i don't remember who) that flogging would be fair punishment for stealing. But i don't agree with that; i don't think that is just or fair. So, i am not sure a human can come up with a punishment that fits the crime. i don't know.

That is why it is good to see what God's opinion is. He told us in His Word.
    Agreed?

Thread Information