ECT The Mystery--What Is It?

heir

TOL Subscriber
As simple as I can make it,

Mystery of Christ- that Christ died for "our" sins (Jews and Gentiles in the promises)

Mystery of the gospel - that Christ died even for Gentiles outside the promises

And the twain are now one.
Yep! :thumb:

Jerry Shugart

It's you who are confused.

Do you seriouslt think that the gospel which is to be preached to the unsaved Gentiles is this?:

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

You are totally confused if you think that will save any unsaved people. In fact, that verse speaks of the "gospel" which brings blessings so that verse is not the gospel itself.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you seriouslt think that the gospel which is to be preached to the unsaved Gentiles is this?
Ephesians 3:6 KJV is the mystery of the gospel and we are made partakers of Christ "by the gospel". the gospel by which we are saved and made partakers of Christ is declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It is the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

SaulToPaul 2

Ephesians 3:6 KJV is the mystery of the gospel and we are made partakers of Christ "by the gospel". the gospel by which we are saved and made partakers of Christ is declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It is the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

:up:

The gospel, and then there's a later mystery revealed about it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you seriouslt think that the gospel which is to be preached to the unsaved Gentiles is this?:

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

You are totally confused if you think that will save any unsaved people. In fact, that verse speaks of the "gospel" which brings blessings so that verse is not the gospel itself.
I never ever said that Ephesians 3:6 KJV is the gospel. I don't know where you got that notion.

Jerry Shugart

As simple as I can make it,

Mystery of Christ- that Christ died for "our" sins (Jews and Gentiles in the promises)

Paul states in no uncertain terms that the "mystery of Christ" concerns itself with things concerning the Body of Christ:

"Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph.3:4-6).​

Do you really think that telling the unsaved that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs and of the same Body as the Jews will save anyone of them?

Mystery of the gospel - that Christ died even for Gentiles outside the promises.

And the twain are now one.

The mystery of the gospel of grace concerns the source of the prophesised grace and that source is in "bold" here, the fact that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

SaulToPaul 2

Paul states in no uncertain terms that the "mystery of Christ" concerns itself with things concerning the Body of Christ:

"Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph.3:4-6).​

Do you really think that telling the unsaved that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs and of the same Body as the Jews will save anyone of them?

The mystery of the gospel of grace concerns the source of the prophesised grace and that source is in "bold" here, the fact that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Read Ephesians 1 and 2 (which he wrote afore in few words) and you cannot miss the mystery of Christ, and why it took the mystery of the gospel to include these other Ephesian Gentiles.

Mystery of Christ - to those who were nigh
Mystery of the gospel - to those who were afar off

Jerry Shugart

I never ever said that Ephesians 3:6 KJV is the gospel. I don't know where you got that notion.

Go back and read the OP because the subject there is the gospel which is to be preached to all the nations. Obviously the preaching of that gospel is to bring salvation to the unsaved.

Right Divider

Body part
And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)​
Paul did not approve of other gospels.
Not to the GENTILES that he was preaching the gospel of the grace of God.

During this time Paul was still starting out in SYNAGOGUES first. So to THOSE people, he preached the kingdom.
Acts 14:1 KJV And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Go back and read the OP because the subject there is the gospel which is to be preached to all the nations. Obviously the preaching of that gospel is to bring salvation to the unsaved.
I responded to the OP which posed a question:

What is THE Mystery found in the gospel which the Lord Jesus Himself gave to Paul?
my reply:
It's the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). It's the why of the cross/the why Christ died, as in "for our sins" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV)!
Then when you asked Patrick what the mystery of the gospel is, I replied

The mystery of the gospel is that the "you Gentiles" like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter, who were without hope having nothing to do with Israel in time past were now fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) with Paul (being the first 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and those to whom Paul was first sent (Acts 26:17 KJV which in a KJB can be shown to be Jews, proselytes called Jews and Greeks)!
And when Danoh mistakenly said the Romans 16 mystery is the same as the Ephesians 3 mystery,

Yep - one Mystery, Rom. 16:25; Eph. 3.
I replied to that too.

Nope. One mystery hidden in the scriptures (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) and the other hid in God (Ephesians 3:9 KJV).

And I consistently proclaim over and over that the gospel by which we are saved, made fellowheirs and of the same Body and made partakers of Christ is declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It is the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

Now, what's your beef?

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Bunch of 'em, I see at least 7 or so revealed by Paul.

When the words "the mystery" are used by Paul he is referring to one specific mystery. If he was going to refer to the many mysteries he would use the words "the mysteries."

Read Ephesians 1 and 2 (which he wrote afore in few words) and you cannot miss the mystery of Christ, and why it took the mystery of the gospel to include these other Ephesian Gentiles.

No, "the mystery" is tied specifically to Paul's dispensational responsibility to preach the 'gospel of grace":

"Surely you have heard about the dispensation of God’s grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly" (Eph.3:2-3).​

Jerry Shugart

Welcome back Jerry. Was wondering what had become of you.

Thanks!

I had been feeling sick and the doctors discovered a large tumor on my left adrenal gland. I have been in the hospital now for about 10 days while tests were done on just about every part of me. Right now I am scheduled to have it removed this coming Tuesday. Don't know yet if it is cancerous or not.

Any prayers on my behalf will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

glorydaz

My own A9D view differs from that somewhat; I'll have to find a means of laying it out in a hundred words or less and in bullet points so it does not go over heir's head :chuckle:

Why in the world would you say such a thing? It's not funny in the least. :nono:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thanks!

I had been feeling sick and the doctors discovered a large tumor on my left adrenal gland. I have been in the hospital now for about 10 days while tests were done on just about every part of me. Right now I am scheduled to have it removed this coming Tuesday. Don't know yet if it is cancerous or not.

Any prayers on my behalf will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

you have prayers from me Jerry ! Godspeed !