Catholics: Muslims are your brothers and sisters

Aimiel

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many--long before his blood was spilled on the cross.

And I see a Jesus in the New Testament who did not believe in a blood sacrifice for sin. He and John the Baptizer saw repentance as the key, not a sacrifice. The theological idea of "dying for humanity's sins" is a later overlay placed upon Jesus after he died.

When Jesus quoted Hosea he talked of a God who advocated "mercy, not sacrifice." And he openly confronted the Temple rites in Jerusalem.
Hogwash. If Jesus did not have to die for sins, He wouldn't have said that His Blood would provide for our ransom and He would not have died. It's that simple. He prayed that 'this cup' (His sacrifice) would pass, so that He wouldn't have to drink it (death) but God required His sacrifice. It's the very foundation of Christianity. Without His Blood you have no reason to call yourself: "Christian." Jesus said so, Himself.

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Without His Blood you're DEAD. :dead:

Aimiel

Quran does noy deny raising of Jesus to heaven.
The Quran denies that Christ is God's Son. It denies that His Blood is necessary for salvation. It denies everything about Christ. It has nothing to do with God or Jesus. It is demonic doctrine, plain and simple. It is designed to keep people from being saved from the destruction of hell.

egyptianmuslim

The Quran denies that Christ is God's Son. It denies that His Blood is necessary for salvation. It denies everything about Christ. It has nothing to do with God or Jesus. It is demonic doctrine, plain and simple. It is designed to keep people from being saved from the destruction of hell.

Obviousely you don't know Quran, Jesus has a top place in the heaven, Mary(puh) is most famous name of muslims girles

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Quran does noy deny raising of Jesus to heaven.

The issue of the crucifixion and death of Jesus (Isa) is important to Muslims as they believe that Jesus will return before the end of time. Muslims believe Jesus was not crucified, but was raised bodily to heaven by God, a belief also found in the Gospel of Basilides,[1][2][3][4] the text of which is lost save for reports of it by other early scholars like Origen (c.185 – c.254). Basilides (Βασιλείδης), was a leading theologian of Gnostic tendencies, who had taught in Alexandria in the second quarter of the second century. His teachings were condemned as heretical by Irenaeus of Lyons (c.130 – c.200),[5] and by Hippolytus of Rome (c. 170 - c.236),[6] although they had been evaluated more positively by Clement of Alexandria (c.150 – c.215).[7] However, this view is disregarded by mainstream Christianity which only accepts the 4 gospels contained in the New Testament as genuine, the other 28, seldom publicised, are viewed as heretical.

Depending on the interpretation of the following verse, Muslim scholars have abstracted different opinions. Some believe that in the Biblical account, Jesus's crucifixion did not last long enough for him to die, while others opine that God gave someone Jesus's appearance, causing everyone to believe that Jesus was crucified (majority view). A third explanation could be that Jesus was nailed to a cross, but as his body is immortal he did not "die" or was not "crucified" [to death]; it only appeared so. In opposition to the second and third foregoing proposals, yet others maintain that God does not use deceit and therefore they contend that crucifixion just did not occur. The basis of all of these beliefs is the following verse in the Qur'an:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
— Qur'an, sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157-158[8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus'_death

Muslims teach that Christ was never crucified. They deny the very mode of salvation.

Greg Jennings

Can you provide proof that your faith is any better than egyptianmuslim's? I'd be willing to bet that you've been a Christian your whole life, as EM's likely been a Muslim his whole life. You've both grown up believing that your respective faiths are the right ones. However, can you offer any proof of that? If you can't then you should quit belittling his beliefs as they are as equally valid as your own

Cruciform

She was not sinless.
I have to side with Christ's one historic Church on this, which has unanimously believed and taught the Immaculate Conception of Mary from the beginning.

The Wedding at Cana is proof of this...
In what way, exactly...?

Having her virginity up to the time when was full grown...
In fact, by God's grace, Mary maintained her virginity throughout her entire life, as even the principle leaders of the Protestant Reformation---Luther, Zwingli, Calvin---all firmly believed and passionately defended.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Lon

Jesus was a party animal and celebrated life in the midst of those who society called "evil."
:doh: :nono: Jesus was not a 'party animal' for the same Jesus that was found with publicans and sinners had the Apostle Paul pen "Be NOT drunk with wine, but be filled with the Spirit (Himself).
...one of the main reasons of my personal mission: trying to set up fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus.
:nono: Ephesians 5:18-20 The Jesus who was NOT the party animal is the right one.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
:doh: :nono: Jesus was not a 'party animal' for the same Jesus that was found with publicans and sinners had the Apostle Paul pen "Be NOT drunk with wine, but be filled with the Spirit (Himself).

:nono: Ephesians 5:18-20 The Jesus who was NOT the party animal is the right one.
Song, drink and celebration were characteristic of Jesus.

May I cut-and-paste some scriptural evidence of this fact?

"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds."

Most people couldn't stand Jesus. Just as you do as well, apparently.

Jesus was a socially promiscuous party animal. And it got him killed.... Please don't kill him again.

Jamie Gigliotti

Can you provide proof that your faith is any better than egyptianmuslim's? I'd be willing to bet that you've been a Christian your whole life, as EM's likely been a Muslim his whole life. You've both grown up believing that your respective faiths are the right ones. However, can you offer any proof of that? If you can't then you should quit belittling his beliefs as they are as equally valid as your own
I had Christian beliefs long before I met Jesus, through His Spirit. Idealogy is nice, but Jesus is awesome, He changed my life and many others.

Jamie Gigliotti

True,, but crucification was made . Salvation from sin in Islam is by reprent and by increasing good works, but not by work of others

Christ in us by our faith and His reconciling work on the cross and our repentence, turning to him, allows us to do good, by His love and the humility that we need Him. As much as you try on your own you can not love like Christ without Him.

Jamie Gigliotti

I have to side with Christ's one historic Church on this, which has unanimously believed and taught the Immaculate Conception of Mary from the beginning.

In what way, exactly...?

In fact, by God's grace, Mary maintained her virginity throughout her entire life, as even the principle leaders of the Protestant Reformation---Luther, Zwingli, Calvin---all firmly believed and passionately defended.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
God says we all fall short and need Him.

Lon

"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds."

Jesus was a socially promiscuous party animal. And it got him killed.... Please don't kill him again.
False accusation, the same as what you are doing. Matthew 11:18,19 (what do BOTH verses have in common? Oh yeah, the 'accusations' they record are both blatant lies, and here you are blatantly repeating one of them!)As I said, HE had Paul write NOT to get drunk and NOT to over-eat. Gluttony and drunkenness are listed as sins. 1 Corinthians 6:10 If your Jesus sinned, He couldn't save you. Hebrews 4:15 You are woefully negligent in your scripture reading and ignorant in your understanding. Whoever you 'think' you know, is not Him. He is some made-up figment of your imagination thus an idol. Leviticus 26:1

If you really knew Him and loved Him, you'd have in the past and currenty be pouring through His love letter (the Bible) to you and coming to understand Him and know Him, not the figment in your imagination.
You need to be introduced to the real Jesus Matthew 7:21-23 so that all these scriptures readily come to mind and correct your horrible perception. You have to know Him, to set anybody up with Him, otherwise you are just a blow-hard wanna-be that is lying about your contacts with important people you don't even know.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part

Dumbest post I've ever seen on TOL.