ECT The Mystery--What Is It?

Danoh

What is your problem? Asking you to summarize articles that you keep linking to and requesting that you share what it is that YOU believe on a topic you keep bringing up so as to get a discussion going is not because the subject matter has gone over my head. This is a discussion board.

Come on; only you can rib others. Get over yourself.

Besides, when I view a thing as stated in the passages, do I not post the passages?

Same thing with a link I might agree with.

Fact is, more often than not I do not post links, I post passages and my thoughts on them.

Perhaps you're just too used to reading into things.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul did not preach the gospel of the kingdom.

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house and received all that came in unto him preaching the kingdom of God and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no man forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 KJV)​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Come on; only you can rib others. Get over yourself.
No, you get over yourself. I don't appreciate the demeaning tone with which you speak to me and/or about me. I'm not your door mat for insults. I also find it odd that you use disparaging remarks in a thread where I have done nothing, but answer the OP and respond to others on topic in the thread. Have you responded to the OP? If not, what are you doing in the thread?

heir

TOL Subscriber
And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house and received all that came in unto him preaching the kingdom of God and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no man forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 KJV)​
Preaching the kingdom of God is not synonymous with preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

Danoh

Yep - one Mystery, Rom. 16:25; Eph. 3.

And heir, we may not see eye to eye on some of these issues, but rest assured I have nothing against you. I have yet to hold back against anyone when I do take issue with them; including those I have come against with you and for you.

You're just "mad" cause there's one mystery, not two:chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

And heir, we may not see eye to eye on some of these issues, but rest assured I have nothing against you. I have yet to hold back against anyone when I do take issue with them; including those I have come against with you and for you.

i know and -

Romans 14:5 KJV and 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13,

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nope. One mystery hidden in the scriptures (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) and the other hid in God (Ephesians 3:9 KJV).

And heir, we may not see eye to eye on some of these issues, but rest assured I have nothing against you.
The pot shots say otherwise.

1 Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

SaulToPaul 2

As simple as I can make it,

Mystery of Christ- that Christ died for "our" sins (Jews and Gentiles in the promises)

Mystery of the gospel - that Christ died even for Gentiles outside the promises

And the twain are now one.

Right Divider

Body part
And where does it say that he preached the GOSPEL of the kingdom?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And where does it say that he preached the GOSPEL of the kingdom?

And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)​
Paul did not approve of other gospels.

Jerry Shugart

Paul not speaking in Mt 16.

There is nothing about the gospel of grace" there, the mystery that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

There was ample evidence that grace would come to both the Jews and the Gentiles, but what was kept secret was the significance of the "sufferings" of the Lord Jesus and how that tied into that prophesised grace.

No one revealed that "mystery" truth until Paul.

Jerry Shugart

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

That's the mystery of the gospel.

That is not what is to be preached to the unsaved Gentiles. You are confusing the "mystery of Christ" with "THE mystery."