New Covenant Commands, What Are They?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant came with Jesus who died for us for the forgiveness of our sins and that we would have the free gift of eternal life.

What commands are there in the new covenant? Do they differ at all from commands found in the old covenant, such as in the Law?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant came with Jesus who died for us for the forgiveness of our sins and that we would have the free gift of eternal life.

What commands are there in the new covenant? Do they differ at all from commands found in the old covenant, such as in the Law?

Matthew 22:37, 38, 39, 40

Robert Pate

Banned

There are no laws. Jesus and his Gospel are the New Covenant.

Under the New Covenant, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Not by laws and rules.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are no laws. Jesus and his Gospel are the New Covenant.

Under the New Covenant, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Not by laws and rules.
I did ask about commands. I don't know what you are referring to when you say laws and rules.

Some people believe there are new covenant commands.

Do you differentiate between commands and laws? I know you are speaking of laws and rules. But what you did speak of is faith.

The new covenant does involve faith. Does the new covenant have commands?

Is it proper to speak of new covenant commands? If so, what are they?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Mark 14:24 KJV - Mark 14:24 NIV - Mark 14:24 -

Romans 6:14 KJV -
We are under grace.

Are there commands of God that we should obey in the new covenant?

Are there new covenant commands?

The old covenant has commands. Do the new covenant commands differ in any way? What are the new covenant commands?

Jesus died for us. Is His teaching for Jews and Gentiles? Is His teaching applicable after His death?

turbosixx

I agree with PJ. They're based on loving God and your neighbor.

Here Paul says he gave us commandments by Jesus' authority.

1 Thes. 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you excel still more. 2 For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

Here's a good example of loving your neighbor.

Gal. 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree with PJ. They're based on loving God and your neighbor.

Here Paul says he gave us commandments by Jesus' authority.

1 Thes. 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you excel still more. 2 For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

Here's a good example of loving your neighbor.

Gal. 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
Are we to obey Jesus' own words? Are Jews to obey Jesus' words? Are those under the Law to obey Jesus' words? Are sinners to obey Jesus' words? Is everyone to obey Jesus' words?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Were there commands in the covenant God made with Israel through Moses?
Yes. There were commands in the covenant God made with Israel through Moses. The covenant was made with Israel. There are commands as a part of this covenant.

turbosixx

Are we to obey Jesus' own words? Are Jews to obey Jesus' words? Are those under the Law to obey Jesus' words? Are sinners to obey Jesus' words? Is everyone to obey Jesus' words?

Everyone is to obey Jesus.

Heb. 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

JosephR

Hebrews 8:8 is the only "New Covenant" you can find scripture for and it is a repeat of Jeremiah OT...

Some theologians claim over a thousand Laws in the New Testament, but are only used to persecute..I leave this issue where it belongs,among those who put themselves under LAW..or Grace or whatever you call it now. However let no man lie to you .

heir

TOL Subscriber
The New Covenant is yet FUTURE with the house of Israel and with the House of Judah.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

God will put His laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and He will be to them a God, and they shall be to Him a people! And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know Him, from the least to the greatest!

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hebrews 8:8 is the only "New Covenant" you can find scripture for and it is a repeat of Jeremiah OT...

Hebrews 8:6 tells us the new covenant "was established"

(Heb 8:6 KJV) But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The New Covenant is yet FUTURE with the house of Israel and with the House of Judah.

Wrong.

The new covenant was made with the shed blood of Christ Jesus.

The old covenant was made with blood:

The new covenant was made with the blood of Christ Jesus

You deny the new covenant because your Hyper-Dispensationalism doesn't work with it.

You need to quit following men, and start believing what the Bible says.

whitestone

Tet if you believe the new covenant is in place. Jeremiah 31:33 KJV , Hebrews 10:16 KJV ,Isaiah 59:21 KJV ect. and you see others who don't have the same exact thing written in their hearts and put into their minds and you know that they would no longer say to one another "know ye the Lord for they shall know him" ,,,

why do you bother trying to alter what God has written in their hearts? Do you disagree with what God has put in their hearts?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you disagree with what God has put in their hearts?

Nope.

The letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

whitestone

Nope.

The letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

So then in the world there are millions of Jews,Israelis ect. (most live in Israel or the U.S.) is what is written in their hearts the same as whats in yours?