GUNS!

Dan Emanuel

The 1911 was not meant to conceal.
I would say such word's with tear's in my eye's. :) Your correct of course, it was designed for warrior's. Warrior's don't have to conceal there weapon's, but, alas . . . we are not at war, so we hide, in plain sight if possible, but its frequently not, which is why you're comment bring's tear's to my eye's.

The Commander and Officer are smaller (the latter losing a couple round's of capacity), but even so, its difficult to conceal a 1911 and look like your not concealing something. You basically have to transform you're whole image so that how you look make's sense, but this does nothing for those who don't know you, so you have to bear in mind 1st impression's also. Its a highwire act, to be sure.

I've never had the pleasure of trying 1, but those bobtailed 1911's look like they could help somewhat.

This biggest problem with the 1911 for me is not that I couldn't conceal it better, but because sometime's I hug people when we greet. I can't therefore use anything around the torso. If we lived in less of a hugging world, I could hide an arsenal in my girth. :D

DJ

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You also need a real belt to carry a 1911.

:) Yeah...That's one good thing about my little J-frames; they don't require a heavy belt. I still use an 1.5" leather belt but just about any Wal-Mart brand will do.
It used to be a problem for me back in the day when I was carrying one (1911)...Harness leather belts were harder to come by back then. Not like now with the Internet and what-not.

Dan Emanuel

You also need a real belt to carry a 1911.
I used to Mexican carry with a regular leather belt. It was sufficient, but it doesn't compare with Mexican carry with a good gun belt. :cheers:

And, Mexican carry with a good gun belt doesn't compare with a good retention holster on a good gun belt. Mexican carry is nice if you have to not have a holster on you for some reason. I prefer crossdraw with Mexican-style, because I sit a lot for work sometime's, plus its easier to prevent printing when bending down for something.

DJ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:) Yeah...That's one good thing about my little J-frames; they don't require a heavy belt. I still use an 1.5" leather belt but just about any Wal-Mart brand will do.
It used to be a problem for me back in the day when I was carrying one (1911)...Harness leather belts were harder to come by back then. Not like now with the Internet and what-not.

Between Midway, Blackhawk, 511, Amazon...I don't know how anybody doesn't have one that is rigid but looks normal.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Between Midway, Blackhawk, 511, Amazon...I don't know how anybody doesn't have one that is rigid but looks normal.

Oh yeah....Stuff is everywhere now thanks to the web. :idunno:

I'm probably going to have to buy a real belt sooner or later since I'm on the ragged edge of going ahead and upgrading my EDC a bit to one of these:

Charter Arms Model 74410 Bulldog on Duty, SS Standard

file_zps3fdd5605.jpg

Loaded with these:

Buffalo Bore ANTI-PERSONNEL 44 Special Pistol Ammo

It's quite a bit heavier than my Airweight Smith but I figure the extra "thump" is worth it. ;)

Dan Emanuel

Oh yeah....Stuff is everywhere now thanks to the web. :idunno:

I'm probably going to have to buy a real belt sooner or later since I'm on the ragged edge of going ahead and upgrading my EDC a bit to one of these:

Charter Arms Model 74410 Bulldog on Duty, SS Standard
Spoiler

file_zps3fdd5605.jpg

Loaded with these:

Buffalo Bore ANTI-PERSONNEL 44 Special Pistol Ammo

It's quite a bit heavier than my Airweight Smith but I figure the extra "thump" is worth it. ;)
That look's good. With this, is it too big for an ankle holster?

DJ

Dan Emanuel

The issue I had even with a plastic gun is the regular belt sags after a few months.
Like so many before me and since, before I 1st put a real belt on, I didn't know what I was missing. Its about security, retention. It stay's where you want it, and need it, even when you've got a Government stuffed inside you're wasteband, Mexican-style. And with a good holster, without touching it, you can tell by feel, exactly where you're piece is. Its security, its secure. Before the real gun belt, you don't realize that your trying to build on sand instead of rock. ;)

DJ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For PJ the great. I have posted this already somewhere in this long thread. Bullet metallurgy. Various animals go down...so if you have a problem with Bambi going down, skip the end. But you shouldn't or you miss how good the bullet is. One other thing is shot placement. All of these hits are probably spot on. Some you can see the dust behind the head at the neck. The animal won't even feel it, literally.

TSX

I have seen people test on their own and the weight retention is correct.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
For PJ the great. I have posted this already somewhere in this long thread. Bullet metallurgy. Various animals go down...so if you have a problem with Bambi going down, skip the end. But you shouldn't or you miss how good the bullet is. One other thing is shot placement. All of these hits are probably spot on. Some you can see the dust behind the head at the neck. The animal won't even feel it, literally.

TSX

I have seen people test on their own and the weight retention is correct.

awesome !!!